Windows 10: Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file

Discus and support Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Let's say I have 1000 files in a folder. These files are folders holding various things. In list mode, these folders would be arranged in any number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DennisTiffany, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file

Let's say I have 1000 files in a folder. These files are folders holding various things. In list mode, these folders would be arranged in any number of columns, depending on the scale of the window. Now let's say that my window with these files in it is smaller because I want to conserve on desktop real estate. I'm looking through my files in this window and I see the file I want to open, a folder of photos, maybe. I click on it twice to open it. But it doesn't open. The first click scrolls the folder I clicked on to the left of the window. Only

:)

DennisTiffany, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 24, 2021
  3. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file

File Explorer, Right click not responsive

Regarding your concern with File Explorer, we suggest that you follow these steps to resolve your query.

• Open File Explorer and click the View tab.
    • Click Options, and select Change folders and search options. The
      Folder Options window should pop up.
    • Click View tab and check mark “Always show icons, never thumbnails.”
      Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file 0a0866ea-811b-444d-836e-f29ca744e5b5.jpg
    • Click Apply and click Yes, when it asks, “Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder’s view settings?”
    • Click OK to close the Folder Options window and you may now use your File Explorer.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file

1. Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file - Similar Threads - Explorer Window moving

2. Windows File Explorer freezes when moving files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer freezes when moving files: Hi, Windows File Explorer keeps freezing when I try moving files out of a folder. The Mouse with the file which is beeing dragged stops right at the corner of the Explorer window and the File Explorer gets overlayed grey program has stopped working for a few seconds up to...
  3. Windows File Explorer freezes when moving files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer freezes when moving files: Hi, Windows File Explorer keeps freezing when I try moving files out of a folder. The Mouse with the file which is beeing dragged stops right at the corner of the Explorer window and the File Explorer gets overlayed grey program has stopped working for a few seconds up to...
  4. When Right Click Windows File Explorer Crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Right Click Windows File Explorer Crashing.: When I right click on desktop or any application file explorer crashing and all defaults are reset. pls fix it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-right-click-windows-file-explorer-crashing/ca1c2f90-487b-4f26-afa0-109c3944860a
  5. When Right Click Windows File Explorer Crashing.

When Right Click Windows File Explorer Crashing.: When I right click on desktop or any application file explorer crashing and all defaults are reset. pls fix it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-right-click-windows-file-explorer-crashing/ca1c2f90-487b-4f26-afa0-109c3944860a
  6. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  7. Mouse clicks to move files in File Explorer open files instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse clicks to move files in File Explorer open files instead: I tried searching for this issue but didn't see anything related in the first three pages of search results. This started about 10 days ago. When selecting files in File Explorer with my mouse, the files open as I try to drag them them to other folders. Very frustrating. I...
  8. File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezes when clicking on an mp4 file: I was trying to open an mp4 file and when I clicked on it my file explorer freezed. I tried yo follow some solutions and it turns out I also cant run the trouble shooter. when I try to open it I get this error: windows cannot access the specified device or file for MSDT.exe....
  9. File Explorer crashing when moving files

File Explorer crashing when moving files: File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files. I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work. This was the info I got about the problem: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes when moving/opening files

Windows Explorer crashes when moving/opening files: Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble opening and files in windows explorer. Nearly every time I try to open or move a file, the folder it is in stops responding and eventually causes Windows Explorer to crash. With small files or at certain times, it doesn't happen. But it...