Windows 10: explorer windows merge/bleed into each other

Discus and support explorer windows merge/bleed into each other in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so when I open an excel, SAP, Outlook and other programs, the usually sort of 'bleed' into each other and get stuck that way. Killing explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BDani, Apr 23, 2017.

1. BDani Win User

explorer windows merge/bleed into each other

so when I open an excel, SAP, Outlook and other programs, the usually sort of 'bleed' into each other and get stuck that way. Killing explorer sometimes work but mostly only a restart will solve this... Tried updating drivers, BIOS, re-image the system... Nothing seems to help.

:)

BDani, Apr 23, 2017

2. My Contacts are linking/merging with each others

I am not a new user nor my windows phone , I am using the same windows phone ( Nokia Lumia 822 ) more than 3 years, same way of syncing contacts with google from more than 3 year, there was no problem in my phone before 10 days or less, the problem arrived
    recently, but i don't know exactly when,

Bhrugu RamJena, Apr 23, 2017
  3. My Contacts are linking/merging with each others

Hi Bhrugu,

To assist you with your concern, please answer the following questions:

• Which operating system (OS) build are you using? To check, go to Settings
      > About > More info.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Apr 23, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. BDani Win User
    BDani, Apr 23, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Noted you work in an IT company.
    Are you speaking of an effect you see on just one PC or a number of PCs configured similarly?

Please advise your Windows build
    (Win key + R, winver)

Please go through the following basic steps.
    1. Does this happen in Safe Mode?
    If not, could be program conflict or a graphics driver issue.
    If so, try a clean boot and check again.

2. If it does happen in Safe Mode, try creating a new user for test purposes.
    Does it happen then?

3. If it happens in a new user account, that indicates you need to repair Windows.
    Start with
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

Then at an admin prompt
    SFC /SCANNOW
    and report the result.

Thanks.

As for a screenshot, could you not erase all the text?

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. explorer windows merge/bleed into each other - Similar Threads - explorer merge bleed

2. Backlight Bleed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backlight Bleed: I wanted to ask if the problem of Backlight Bleed could be caused by misuse or pressure on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backlight-bleed/5243bde9-b694-4830-b4cf-8b57a32fbc5c
  3. Windows behind each other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows behind each other.: Good afternoon I am having trouble with my PC its worth mentioning that it is a custom built PC not sure if that matters. So what is going on is after using my PC for a bit for work I have multiple windows open for work and after a bit of using it windows will start to hide...
  4. Windows behind each other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows behind each other.: Good afternoon I am having trouble with my PC its worth mentioning that it is a custom built PC not sure if that matters. So what is going on is after using my PC for a bit for work I have multiple windows open for work and after a bit of using it windows will start to hide...
  5. Explorer Cannot Place Folders Next To Each Other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Cannot Place Folders Next To Each Other: I'm not really sure what the root cause is - but Explore is NOT placing folders and other same items exactly next to each other. I have "type" selected so folders group together, documents group together, and so on. But, items aren't grouped together. Instead, I see...
  6. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts: Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme...
  7. Maximized window bleeding onto other monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximized window bleeding onto other monitors: Hey guys, wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this issue. Winver 2004, 19041.630 Here's a picture of what I'm dealing with. I've been dealing with this for a while but recently I just can't stand it. [img] I have a three-monitor setup with two smaller...
  8. Windows stacking on top of each other

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows stacking on top of each other: G'Day Anyone figured out hot to get the Windows side by side like 7? Win V Build 19041.388 160863
  9. Windows stacking on top of each other

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows stacking on top of each other: G'Day Anyone figured out hot to get the Windows side by side like 7? Win V Build 19041.388 160863
  10. Making explorer open windows beside each other

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making explorer open windows beside each other: Hello! Is there a way to tell explorer to open new windows beside already open windows - as opposed to overlapping them. I've been trying to find a way to do this ever since I tried Linux for a little bit and the file manager windows would open besides each other and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bleed into each other