Windows 10: Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files

Discus and support Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The title sums it pretty much. I include an image for clarification. Is it possible to fix it? How? Note how MP3 work perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thmasker, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files

/u/thmasker, Jul 8, 2020
  2. IsaacDaly Win User

FLAC metadata support

What is the metadata support like in Windows 10 for FLAC metadata? At the moment an edited subtitle tag for a FLAC file, which was done in WMP, does not show up when the file is synced over OneDrive to another device. Is the full range of the WMP tags going
    to be available for Windows?

On a side note, is metadata like subtitles be available in the Groove Music app?

IsaacDaly, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files

Window 10 File Explorer seems not able to display the metadata (e.g., Title, Contributing Artist, Album Artist, Album, etc.) of some FLAC files, the contents get truncated, blanked out, or replaced with other funny character. I can see the problematic metadata
    are populated with the correct details in my other audio playing application. This problem seems to be limited to the FLAC files only, and only happen recently in Window 10 File Explorer.

Below are my current Windows specifications:

Edition - Window 10 Home

Version – 1809

OS build - 17763.503

Does anyone know how to fix the issue?

Patrick

Patrick_Yeung, Jul 8, 2020
  4. DaveJ2001 Win User

Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files

Metadata not showing and cannot be edited in Explorer

I have exactly the same problem. I can add/update metadata in file explorer in Word 2016 files, but not Excel 2016 files. Excel 97-2003 files I can add/update metadata in file explorer. In Excel 2016 itself, I can add/update metadata, but it doesn't show
    in file explorer.

DaveJ2001, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files

1. Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files - Similar Threads - Explorer won't show

2. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  3. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  4. Metadata not showing on File Explorer

Metadata not showing on File Explorer: Hello, metadata file propriety details are not showing on File Explorer. I have tried CHKDSK, SFCSCANONN and still nothing. I work with videos and I often need to check their lenght, width and height. Someone can help me?Thank you...
  5. Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3

Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3: Hi, Yesterday I installed and uninstalled a couple of trial video converters and after that my MP3 thumbnails simply stopped working.I tried all I could find, including the solutions on the thread below but nothing worked. I also tried doing a system restore, but I keep...
  6. Flac metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flac metadata: I have some Flacs that need some metadata edited but win10 can't? Mp3s can be edited just fine but Flacs are a no-go? Edit: It also can't even read the length of the Flac submitted by /u/THEK4I [link] [comments]...
  7. Issues with FLAC metadata and options menus on wmv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with FLAC metadata and options menus on wmv: Win 10 Home user here (latest update as of this writing), currently in the process of ripping a 500+ music CD collection into FLAC files for personal use. So far i'm frustrated and disappointed with WMV's way of garbling up the metadata on FLAC files, apparently on purpose....
  8. Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files

Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files: Window 10 File Explorer seems not able to display the metadata (e.g., Title, Contributing Artist, Album Artist, Album, etc.) of some FLAC files, the contents get truncated, blanked out, or replaced with other funny character. I can see the problematic metadata are populated...
  9. Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer

Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer: So i have ID3 tagged the wav file with mp3tag but windows doesn't want to show "title" & "album" names as it does for the mp3 file with the same tag data on it. is it possible to get it working for .wav files too since it also doesn't want to show the album artwork too?...
  10. File Explorer fails to show metadata?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer fails to show metadata?: I have recently updated my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For some reason, File explorer seems unable to show metadata. For example, here is what File Explorer shows for one example powerpoint file: [img] I created this file on this same desktop before the...