Windows 10: Export all Windows settings to a text file?

Discus and support Export all Windows settings to a text file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to export all Windows settings to a text file? Is it possible to extract all windows settings from 2 machines and is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by W130SN, Jan 24, 2020.

1. W130SN Win User

Export all Windows settings to a text file?

Is there any way to export all Windows settings to a text file?

Is it possible to extract all windows settings from 2 machines and is there a way to compare the differences?

AFAIK there isn't but I am hoping that the brilliant minds on this forum might have a solution.

I came across this software below, unfortunately it doesn't look like it has the options I am looking for, has anybody tried it and can recommend it?

Configuration Comparison Tool - Compare Two Windows Servers

Alternatively has anybody got a good resource with all setting options listed?

:)

W130SN, Jan 24, 2020
  2. ddelo Win User

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
      Code:
      Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -force
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. Export all Windows settings to a text file? :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Jan 24, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
  4. Export all Windows settings to a text file?

How to export photos windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & check if it helps.

If you were using other application apart from file explorer, you may follow the below steps to export to pen drive/flash drive.

• Open the location where the Photos are located using File Explorer.
    • Select the files you want to Export.
    • Right click on the file and select ‘Send to’ from its context menu.
    • Now select the Jump drive from the sub menu.
    • Once the transfer is done, you may open the jump hard disk drive from the File Explorer and check if the file is present there.
    Please get back with the above information to assist you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Export all Windows settings to a text file?

1. Export all Windows settings to a text file? - Similar Threads - Export settings text

2. All text in settings are disorganized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All text in settings are disorganized: I set my windows display language to norweigian several days ago, and today I updated windows yesterday, windows version 22621.1635 all texts in settings are disorganized and I have no idea on how to change the settings. And I cannot change the language back since when the...
  3. All text in settings are disorganized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All text in settings are disorganized: I set my windows display language to norweigian several days ago, and today I updated windows yesterday, windows version 22621.1635 all texts in settings are disorganized and I have no idea on how to change the settings. And I cannot change the language back since when the...
  4. The texts in Windows Settings APP are all inordered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The texts in Windows Settings APP are all inordered: ## ProblemThe Settings APP becomes abnormal. Texts are mismatching their original function.Here is the main page of the settings.Before It gets weird, I just changed the system language and did windows update.* System Ver: Windows 11 22H2...
  5. The texts in Windows Settings APP are all inordered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The texts in Windows Settings APP are all inordered: ## ProblemThe Settings APP becomes abnormal. Texts are mismatching their original function.Here is the main page of the settings.Before It gets weird, I just changed the system language and did windows update.* System Ver: Windows 11 22H2...
  6. Unable to change all settings text to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change all settings text to English: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Home to version Version 20H2. They stupidly chose German as the language! In settings, I went to the equivalent of "Time & language" clicked Region & language, under Languages, clicked Add a language. I choose US English, etc. I...
  7. Exported a PDF from Word then the debug text file appeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exported a PDF from Word then the debug text file appeared: Just as the title says, I created my homework on Word and exported it to PDF file then after that, Microsoft Edge will open the pdf file. After exiting the pdf and word file, I went to where I saved my pdf file and saw the "debug" text file and opening it, it says...
  8. Export and restore *ALL* Windows 10 settings??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Export and restore *ALL* Windows 10 settings??: Every time I install Windows on a new machine, or on the same machine, I have to painstakingly go back each and every one of the settings one by one to make the OS work my way. Isn't there a simple way to back up all settings? Things like input languages, Explorer settings,...
  9. View All Power Plan Settings in Text File in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View All Power Plan Settings in Text File in Windows: How to: View All Power Plan Settings in Text File in Windows How to View All Power Plan Settings in a Text File in Windows A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy,...
  10. Exporting Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Exporting Windows 10 Settings: Hi, Since i have multiple computers running Windows 10, how do i export settings and install it on my other computers? Willing to use 3rd-party software 48318