Windows 10: Export and restore *ALL* Windows 10 settings??

Discus and support Export and restore *ALL* Windows 10 settings?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I install Windows on a new machine, or on the same machine, I have to painstakingly go back each and every one of the settings one by one to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/djscoox, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Export and restore *ALL* Windows 10 settings??

Every time I install Windows on a new machine, or on the same machine, I have to painstakingly go back each and every one of the settings one by one to make the OS work my way. Isn't there a simple way to back up all settings? Things like input languages, Explorer settings, appearance, etc. And I don't mean EVERYTHING not just just the handful of settings Microsoft deems to be important.

Most decent software allows you to export/import settings to make re-installation and deployment easier. It's stupid having to do this by hand.

Using disk imaging software is not an option as some times I need a fresh OS install plus settings. IIRC Macs can do this.

submitted by /u/djscoox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/djscoox, Dec 9, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Export and restore *ALL* Windows 10 settings?? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Export and restore *ALL* Windows 10 settings??

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Export and restore *ALL* Windows 10 settings??

1. Export and restore *ALL* Windows 10 settings?? - Similar Threads - Export restore *ALL*

2. Exporting settings from GPEdit.msc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exporting settings from GPEdit.msc: Hi people, how are you doing?I'm on Windows 10 Professional x64I configured all the settings in GPEdit.mscI have other machines that I want to have the same configurations and they are NOT part of a domain. Just my notebook and some desktops at home that I want to reinstall...
  3. Exporting settings from GPEdit.msc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exporting settings from GPEdit.msc: Hi people, how are you doing?I'm on Windows 10 Professional x64I configured all the settings in GPEdit.mscI have other machines that I want to have the same configurations and they are NOT part of a domain. Just my notebook and some desktops at home that I want to reinstall...
  4. Exporting settings from GPEdit.msc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Mail - Export Setup/Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail - Export Setup/Settings: Hello, I just bought a new Windows 10 PC and was wondering if there is a handy way to export the setup of my old laptops Windows 10 Mail - it currently has seven email accounts configured, all with unique signatures, contacts, etc. If at all possible, I would like to avoid...
  6. Restore all default display settings

Restore all default display settings: How can I Restore all default display settings? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-all-default-display-settings/91c002b3-d523-4101-89bb-a787be5f8e21
  7. Windows 10 Export / Import Settings - "Easy Button"

Windows 10 Export / Import Settings - "Easy Button": Situation - I go through and get all my user specific settings just the way I like it and I'd like to export everything for safe keeping, by hitting an "Export Settings" button from the main "Windows Settings" screen Reasons - I choose to reset to factory settings, get a...
  8. Export all Windows settings to a text file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Export all Windows settings to a text file?: Is there any way to export all Windows settings to a text file? Is it possible to extract all windows settings from 2 machines and is there a way to compare the differences? AFAIK there isn't but I am hoping that the brilliant minds on this forum might have a solution. I...
  9. Export and Import Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10: How to: Export and Import Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 How to Export and Import Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Defender Security Center. Exploit protection is built into Windows 10 to help protect your...
  10. Exporting Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Exporting Windows 10 Settings: Hi, Since i have multiple computers running Windows 10, how do i export settings and install it on my other computers? Willing to use 3rd-party software 48318

Users found this page by searching for:

1. export all PC settings