Windows 10: Export command prompt and powershell settings/colors/position

Discus and support Export command prompt and powershell settings/colors/position in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can it be done? I've seen a similar thread for Windows 7 at SevenForums and people there say that settings of cmd are stored in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bl00keRs, Oct 18, 2020.

1. bl00keRs Win User

Export command prompt and powershell settings/colors/position

How can it be done? I've seen a similar thread for Windows 7 at SevenForums and people there say that settings of cmd are stored in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console" but it doesn't look like it's the same on Windows 10 *sarc I've exported the whole "console" category from the registry, then replaced and recolored cmd/powershell and exported again, but the exported file is exactly the same as before. I've restarted the computer but it's still the same.

:)

bl00keRs, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 18, 2020
  3. stellar919, Oct 18, 2020
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Export command prompt and powershell settings/colors/position - Similar Threads - Export command prompt

2. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  3. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  4. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to Reset PowerShell and Command Prompt to default settings

in Windows 10 News
    How to Reset PowerShell and Command Prompt to default settings: [ATTACH]Microsoft allows users of the Windows Command Prompt and the Windows PowerShell on Windows 10 to have the User Experience of the consoles customized. This […] This article How to Reset PowerShell and Command Prompt to default settings first appeared on...
  6. How to use Powershell command Set-ADAccountPassword as a prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use Powershell command Set-ADAccountPassword as a prompt: This is where I am currently at: $firstname = Read-Host -Prompt "Please Enter the First name" $lastname = Read-Host -Prompt "Please enter the last name New-ADUser -Name "$firstname $lastname" -GivenName "$firstname" -Surname "$lastname" -UserPrincipalName...
  7. Command Prompt Colors

Command Prompt Colors: On one of my computers the command prompt terminal defaults to black text on a grey background and does not respond to changing the properties in the normal manner. On the odd occasion that I have managed to change it to white on black it reverts to black on grey next time it...
  8. POWERSHELL HYPERV COMMAND TO EXPORT WITHOUT A CHECKPOINT

POWERSHELL HYPERV COMMAND TO EXPORT WITHOUT A CHECKPOINT: Hello, I am trying to use a powershell command (Export-VM -Name PLEX -Path E:\hyperv) but it fails because it can't make a checkpoint. I have disabled checkpoints in the GUI of the hyperv manager itself but when trying to automated the task of an export this is the issue I...
  9. Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell": Hi! I'm using Windows 10 version 1807, In this version, the option "Open in Command Prompt" fully removed from Explorer, in "File" menu and [Shift]+[Right Click] menu, And there's no option to get it back in Settings, only there's an option for [Alt]+[X] menu. I have to...
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838