Windows 10: Export configuration or Onenote blocks

Discus and support Export configuration or Onenote blocks in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi there, I am trying to migrate a OneNote from a Windows 10 computer to a new computer. OneNote has a lot of blocks, I'm trying to export them so I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by drotha2, Feb 5, 2021.

1. drotha2 Win User

Export configuration or Onenote blocks

Hi there,

I am trying to migrate a OneNote from a Windows 10 computer to a new computer.

OneNote has a lot of blocks, I'm trying to export them so I don't have to do it one by one by hand.

I have located the folders in \AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0 and \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0 to copy them to the new computer, but I am not sure if this will work, something from the registry should not be exported or from some other folder.

Thank you very much for your help.

:)

drotha2, Feb 5, 2021

2. Export/Download Notebook from OneNote for Windows 10?

Hi PastlTGuy,

Thank you for your message in this forum.

We understand that you want to export or download notebooks from OneNote for Windows 10, however, there is no out of box way to achieve that in OneNote for Windows 10.
    We are sorry as it cannot fully meet your requirement.

If you want to share the notebook with a partner from another company, in addition to using OneNote 2016 to export notebooks, for a workaround, we’d suggest you can use Share feature to share your notebook to the others. You can go to OneNote
    for Windows 10 > click Share, as shown below:

Export configuration or Onenote blocks 7eef51ab-5b85-40b5-b810-98fd58262263?upload=true.png

Then you can enter the email address of that partner, and click send. That partner can go to his email and access the notebook you shared.

At the same time, if your notebooks stored in SharePoint Online, you can select the notebook you want to share > click Share in the Navigation Bar > then you can select the Specific people and type the email address of that partner. For more details,
    you can refer to this article:
    Share SharePoint files or folders

We understand the situation and you make a great point.
    To address your concern about the situation, we’d suggest you kindly vote this UserVoice:

Export for OneNote pages, sections, section groups and notebooks
    . This is the best platform to let us hear from you and make our products and services better for you and others.

We appreciate your understanding!

Best Regards,

Sukie

Sukie Qi MSFT, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Export configuration or Onenote blocks

Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Export configuration or Onenote blocks

1. Export configuration or Onenote blocks - Similar Threads - Export configuration Onenote

2. Export

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Export: How can I export calendar events out of Mail and Calendar. Thing is useless submitted by /u/DTPReady21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjd4ta/export/
  3. the onenote for windows 10 printer has a configuration problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the onenote for windows 10 printer has a configuration problem: Hello, I'm using the OneNote for windows 10 on a daily basis. I had before a configuration problem with the printer to pdf and with online tips I solved it. Now, it seems like different problem I attached screen shot. I tried many things, like update the driver or to remove...
  4. OneNote

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OneNote: I decided to try OneNote. I have the MS Office 365 subscription supposedly. On the top ribbon, I don't have any "Home" selection that is similar to other Office products and I don't have any "File" selection at all. This flies in the face of even the Microsoft training...
  5. OneNote

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote: NETOneNote ExcelWordExcel→OneNote https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%BB%98%E7%AE%8B%E3%82%84onenote%E3%81%AB/6846ae76-b69d-407b-8186-df52517c46e5
  6. Export to docx not available in OneNote desktop app.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Export to docx not available in OneNote desktop app.: I have just installed Office 2019 and straight away afterwards I installed the OneNote desktop app. From what I have read elsewhere, one of the export options in the OneNote desktop app ought to be docx, but that isn't available to me. I have options to export to mht, pdf,...
  7. Export/import screen alignment configuration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Export/import screen alignment configuration: I have three monitors, one of which is vertical. I align the displays in display setting perfectly such that when I move the mouse strictly horizontally from landscape monitor to portrait monitor, the mouse stays on the same level in relation to the actual physical desk....
  8. Backup / export / save copy of OneNote notebooks (Windows 10 app version)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup / export / save copy of OneNote notebooks (Windows 10 app version): Hi, I've been using the app version of OneNote coming with Windows 10 for some time now. It used to sync fine with OneDrive allowing me to work from different devices. I was using an Office365 login which has been changed (at my request) and now OneNote can't sync any more...
  9. Configure the 'Block at First Sight' feature?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configure the 'Block at First Sight' feature?: Windows Defender has this feature called Block at First Sight. Does this need to be set in Group Policy or could it be set in the Windows Defender Security GUI app? If so, please explain the steps. I know I have the Cloud protection enabled in the Defender app, but I don't...
  10. Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall: Hi I have both on my computers running W10 and office 365. Happy with the new OneNote but would like to uninstall OneNote 2016 as it confuses matters. Can I do so without losing any data (notes)? I understand that OneNote 2016 stores notes on the local hard drive but will...