Windows 10: Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file?

Discus and support Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using the Mail app in Windows 10 and have lots of important emails in the inbox. I was using IMAP. I'm now changing my whole system and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Duckman9999, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file?

I have been using the Mail app in Windows 10 and have lots of important emails in the inbox. I was using IMAP.

I'm now changing my whole system and want to move to Outlook Exchange mail as part of Office 365.

How do I save all existing emails in Mail so I can import them into Outlook? I've done it often in Outlook using pst files, but there is no import/export function that I can see.

Help much appreciated!

:)

Duckman9999, Apr 10, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Apr 10, 2021
  3. How to import old emails frm Outlook .PST files to Mail app

I have a new Windows 10 pc., with Windows mail set sup as the new email client.

I have an Outlook 2007 .pst file from my old (dead) pc saved on my local network.

I want the old emails from the Outlook 2007 .pst file imported into the Windows 10 pc.

From what I've read (including a post on this forum), I see there is no "native" way to do this, and I need a 3rd party app to export from the .pst. Ok, so I have looked, and I've seen apps that will (supposedly) export my emails from the .pst file into
    .eml, or .msg format.

So far, so good. (I think.)

Now here is where I'm stuck. What do I do now??? In the Windows 10 pc with Windows mail, I do NOT see any place that I can import emails in. (There is no "File - Import" dialog that I can find.)

Surely, I must be making this much more difficult than it needs to be.

PLEASE HELP! I just want to take my old (Microsoft!) emails and get them into my (Microsoft!) Windows mail!!!

Original title: Windows Mail on Win 10 - need to import old emails from an Outlook 2007 .pst file

JulieRaines, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file?

exporting emails

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

You can create a .PST if your account is set up with Outlook, after the files was create, you can allow to burn a DVD with the file.

Below, you can try the following procedures in the link below, explain how export e import .PST in Outlook step by step:

Import PST:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import...

Export PST:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/export...

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file?

1. Export emails from W10 Mail app to pst file? - Similar Threads - Export emails W10

2. Can't open PST files with Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open PST files with Mail: Hello. I have a problem : I can't open PST files that I received on my email account with the Windows Mail application. I am using Windows 10. Thank you for your time....
  3. Exporting e-mail from windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exporting e-mail from windows 10 mail app: I have to get e-mails stored localy on a computer exported so that i can innport them to Outlook on new computer. But the user only ever used the windows 10 mail app and pop e-mail. Any addvice? I have tried finding the file location with little luck. Found one path which...
  4. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.: I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete...
  5. Mail App in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App in W10: I'd like to simplify the Inbox in W10's Mail App. I don't need to have similar items glued together - just want a sequential time/date list of sent and received emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-in-w10/b871905d-d255-447b-82ed-2671313582de
  6. Import .pst files into Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import .pst files into Mail: I have upgraded to a new pc and want to use Mail instead of Outlook. Is there any way I can import my .pst backups and folders into Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-pst-files-into-mail/7679e0e1-7242-4c4e-989f-982c8945294d
  7. Windows 10 Mail app POP account pst file

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app POP account pst file: Hi all, Does anybody know, after adding a POP account on Windows 10 mail app, where is the pst file created and saved? Thank you in advance 34373
  8. Exporting emails from windows mail what format?

in Browsers and Email
    Exporting emails from windows mail what format?: I'm exporting emails and folders from Windows Mail on an old desktop running Win Vista. I was given the choice of Windows Mail or Microsoft Exchange. I used the Windows Mail format. I'm backing everything up because I'm probably going to buy a new desktop soon and I'm sure it...
  9. Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file: How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. If you have already exported your...
  10. Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file: How to: Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file How to Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You can export your email,...