Windows 10: Export Messages from Your Phone App

Discus and support Export Messages from Your Phone App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently factory reset my android device, and didn't know that Google didn't back up your SMS messages. I had the Your Phone app connected to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mason T, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Mason T Win User

Export Messages from Your Phone App

I recently factory reset my android device, and didn't know that Google didn't back up your SMS messages. I had the Your Phone app connected to my phone, so it has a copy of all my messages. I was wondering if someone knew what file in the WindowsApps folder I need to get to possibly restore my messages to my Android, or if there is a way to export the messages so I can re-import them into my phone.

:)

Mason T, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Dec 10, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Fi_nn Win User

Windows 10 Messaging App Export

Hi, as I would like to bacukp my old SMS and put them into my new phone (Android) I'am looking for way how to export SMS from W10 desktop App Messaging. It is the only possible solution for me, because:

- my Lumia is recovered with W8.1 and it cannot get W10 from Insider programe

- contacts & messages app is/was not working

- my SMS are not in the phone nor cloud (just old 8.1 version from 10/2015)

- all my SMS are up to date saved in my account (somewhere?) and in the Messaging App

Any suggestions please?

Fi_nn, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Export Messages from Your Phone App - Similar Threads - Export Messages Phone

2. Forwarding text messages with the your phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forwarding text messages with the your phone app: I have Your Phone installed with Windows 10, I just installed the latest update and was hoping it would include an option to forward messages. I am still not seeing it, it seems unlikely that Microsoft would skip such a basic feature, so I am wondering if I am just not...
  3. Forwarding text messages with the your phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forwarding text messages with the your phone app: I have Your Phone installed with Windows 10, I just installed the latest update and was hoping it would include an option to forward messages. I am still not seeing it, it seems unlikely that Microsoft would skip such a basic feature, so I am wondering if I am just not...
  4. Sorting / searching messages in "Your Phone" app

Sorting / searching messages in "Your Phone" app: I use the "Your Phone" app all the time and often use it to send text messages as it's easier to use than the phone keyboard. In the messaging app on the phone, I can search through the text messages and often do that to look for a thread or person. Is there is a way to do...
  5. Your Phone app: text messaging

Your Phone app: text messaging: I installed Your Phone app on my pc Windows 10 & Your Phone Companion on my android 9 Moto X4 phone. Everything is synched & working except I cannot send texts from the pc. I can receive texts on the pc, & when I send a text from my phone, the text is mirrored on the pc's...
  6. Your Phone app: how to delete messages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your Phone app: how to delete messages: I have Your Phone app installed. But I want to delete messages from this app. How can I delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-how-to-delete-messages/e991a5fe-aca4-478c-9333-c4ad27555033
  7. your phone app sms messages

your phone app sms messages: I have a samsung galaxy note 8 and I used the Your Phone app on it. Now, my messages on the phone are gone but remain in the app on the PC running windows 10. I may have accidentally deleted them on the phone. If I sync with the Your Phone app, will it restore the messages to...
  8. Your Phone app shows no Messages option

Your Phone app shows no Messages option: Trying to set up Your Phone app to use with my iPhone. Directions say to open the Your Phone app, choose my phone, choose Settings, then choose Messages -- but there is no Messages shown. What am I missing? Please help. TIA...
  9. removing a phone from Your Phone app

removing a phone from Your Phone app: My "Your Phone" app is linked to a phone I no longer own. How do I unlink that phone and link to my current phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-phone-from-your-phone-app/8dbe6fbb-5698-455b-bfe7-8e7de7b28956
  10. No text message notifications in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No text message notifications in Your Phone app: I set up the Your Phone app with my Galaxy S9 and it mostly works, I can see photos, make calls, I've enabled notification access in the phone's permission settings, and I can send and receive texts and system-related notifications. The battery optimization exception setting...