Windows 10: Export People tags from Windows 10 Photos app

Discus and support Export People tags from Windows 10 Photos app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I put a few hours of work into this, hopefully its helpful to others. I wanted to be able to create a query against the Photos database to output the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DougRager, Sep 19, 2021.

1. DougRager Win User

Export People tags from Windows 10 Photos app

I put a few hours of work into this, hopefully its helpful to others. I wanted to be able to create a query against the Photos database to output the People it identified through face recognition and the names I assigned to those recognition groups. I could then use this as input to a script to put those names as Tags in the actual pics and video filesstill working on this. I used DB Browser to look at a copy of the MediaDb.v1.sqlite databaseI would recommend not using the live database and after some hours of trial and error, came up with the below query which will output the folder

:)

DougRager, Sep 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags

Dear,

In the file explorer I tagged all my pictures with references to people names, places, special occasions, etc...

It's a huge work, especially for the faces, but it's the only way to find after many years later pictures.

As the info is stored in the file you can easily port it to any other storage location and share it between platforms.

With the former Windows Live Photo Gallery tool it was a relief, because you could easily tag pictures and you could even autodetect people with facial recognition and then tag them accordingly.

With the new W10 photos app, the AI function works well, but the tagging function stores the information in a database, which is useless. Also the option to add other tags is completely gone. Is there a feature to convert/export this information to file
    labels/tags/listing? So the information can be stored in the file as metadata and remains futur proof.

Thanks

LBO

LBO_Questions, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Tagging people option in Photo App

Hey Josephef54!

There is a way to turn off the automatic people tagging in the Photos app.

• Open Photos.
    • Click the "..." in the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Click Settings
    • Scroll down to the "Viewing and Editing" section, and flip "People" switch.

Nat Riddle, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags

Hi LBO,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to export the tagging information from the Photos app so that information can be stores in the metadata of the file. I would like to inform that the export function is currently unavailable.

However, this seems to be a valid suggestion, I would suggest you to provide your valuable feedback and ideas in our
    Feedback Hub, where our developers
    can look into the requests and constantly improve the features of Windows.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Export People tags from Windows 10 Photos app - Similar Threads - Export tags Photos

2. Export Person tags from Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export Person tags from Windows 10 Photos app: I put a few hours of work into this, hopefully its helpful to others. I wanted to be able to create a query against the Photos database to output the People it identified through face recognition and the names I assigned to those recognition groups. I could then use this as...
  3. Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.: Is there any way to get help with people tagging in Photos. Many suggestions to click on the top right on a photo and then on the face you want to tag. NOTHING HAPPENS. I think I have everything turned on. I have a couple hundred people shown on my people tab. Most...
  4. Tagging people option in Photo App

Tagging people option in Photo App: I just purchased a new computer and just started to tag people from the over 270,000+ photos I have. Since I take a lot of photos there are certainly people I am not worried about tagging. Is there a way to ignore them so the app does not keep showing me these people? You...
  5. Tagging people in photos

Tagging people in photos: I note most of the comments around this topic do not give a resolution - they are around 12 months old - has Windows not yet addressed this? Still can't tag people faces by name and search for just pictures with them in it?...
  6. Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags

Windows 10 Photos App - Export tags or edit tags: Dear, In the file explorer I tagged all my pictures with references to people names, places, special occasions, etc... It's a huge work, especially for the faces, but it's the only way to find after many years later pictures. As the info is stored in the file you can...
  7. People tagging in Photo Preview app

People tagging in Photo Preview app: I'm using the preview Photos app and there's an option to view by People. Photos has identified about a dozen people and collated some photos of them so all I have to do is identify them and then I can easily find them again. I've two questions: 1 - when I run the app on...
  8. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  9. People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store

People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store: If I tag people in the Microsoft Photo app from Store. the tags are computer specific. They don't get written into the files EXIF data. So if you use that same photo on other devices (or just put it on onedrive and use it on mutliple pc's), all the tags are lost. How can we...
  10. Tagging people in photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tagging people in photos: I am running Windows 10 and want to tag all the people in my photos from an external hard drive. A few mug shots have shown up and I have renamed them as appropriate, however this is only a few of the hundreds of faces I have in the photos. I have linked the folders but...