Windows 10: Export problems

Discus and support Export problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I made a 5 minute video on photos, but whenever I try to export and share it in either small, medium, or large, only 42 seconds of the video end up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JasonLee75, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Export problems

So I made a 5 minute video on photos, but whenever I try to export and share it in either small, medium, or large, only 42 seconds of the video end up making it. How do I get the full video to export?

:)

JasonLee75, Apr 5, 2019
  2. ddelo Win User

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
      Code:
      Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -force
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. Export problems :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Apr 5, 2019
  3. How to export photos windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & check if it helps.

If you were using other application apart from file explorer, you may follow the below steps to export to pen drive/flash drive.

• Open the location where the Photos are located using File Explorer.
    • Select the files you want to Export.
    • Right click on the file and select ‘Send to’ from its context menu.
    • Now select the Jump drive from the sub menu.
    • Once the transfer is done, you may open the jump hard disk drive from the File Explorer and check if the file is present there.
    Please get back with the above information to assist you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 5, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Export problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Export problems

1. Export problems - Similar Threads - Export problems

2. Fix Microsoft Video Editor not exporting problems in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Video Editor not exporting problems in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Microsoft Video Editor is a good basic video editor but not something a professional would use. As of late, a lot of users have reported that Microsoft Video Editor is not exporting video or audio, whereas, in some cases, the exporting takes longer time than it...
  3. Video Editor Problem with Sound Quality After Export

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor Problem with Sound Quality After Export: Lately, after editing and exporting a video with the Video Editor software on Windows 10, the sound comes out sounding very grainy/pixelated, especially when there are water sounds. The sound quality is fine while I'm editing, the problem only happens after I export the...
  4. Video Editor Problem with Sound Quality After Export

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor Problem with Sound Quality After Export: Lately, after editing and exporting a video with the Video Editor software on Windows 10, the sound comes out sounding very grainy/pixelated, especially when there are water sounds. The sound quality is fine while I'm editing, the problem only happens after I export the...
  5. Exporting MSInfo32 Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exporting MSInfo32 Problem: I am trying to upload MSInfo32 to Blizzard.com Technical help. I search my computer for MSInfo32 and it pops up in a new screen. I click on File, then Click on Export. Anew screen appears with a "Save as" option. I choose Desktop and then a file I created called msinfo. A...
  6. Exporting MSInfo32 Problem

Exporting MSInfo32 Problem: I am trying to upload MSInfo32 to Blizzard.com Technical help. I search my computer for MSInfo32 and it pops up in a new screen. I click on File, then Click on Export. Anew screen appears with a "Save as" option. I choose Desktop and then a file I created called msinfo. A...
  7. Exporting MSInfo32 Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Problems to export different Windows 10 Home languages versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems to export different Windows 10 Home languages versions: I have exported Windows 10 Home with English Swedish and Finnish version to install.wim file with DISM tool. Code: Dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile:D:\Installation\Windows10\ISO\English\sources\install.wim /SourceIndex:1...
  9. Windows Video Editor Photos Export Problems

Windows Video Editor Photos Export Problems: Hi, Tried editing a video, shuffled some scenes and added a bit of part of another one, but can't export it. It's just two videos, combined them and hit "Finish Video", I kept it overnight for three days, 720p, once Hardware-accelerated, twice vice versa, but all I get is...
  10. Problem exporting photos from Mac Photos app to Windows 10 Photos app

Problem exporting photos from Mac Photos app to Windows 10 Photos app: I recently tried to export all of my photos (around 15k) from 2010 iMac to my Windows 10 computer. I followed the instructions that I found at https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/move-mac-files-windows-pc. The result was that 2/3 of my photos were imported into my Windows 10...