Windows 10: .exportedui file changes to PDF on a student's computer so she can't import it

Discus and support .exportedui file changes to PDF on a student's computer so she can't import it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I provide training at my company on Microsoft Word, and I share a custom ribbon and toolbar with class participants. The file I give them is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LuanneCrosby, Mar 1, 2021.

1. .exportedui file changes to PDF on a student's computer so she can't import it

I provide training at my company on Microsoft Word, and I share a custom ribbon and toolbar with class participants. The file I give them is the wordcustomizations.exportedui file. I send it before the class via email and I walk them through how to import into Word. I sent it last week to one class participant and when he first got it he mistakenly tried to open it and it changed into a PDF. He closed it immediately, but when I sent him a new file it changed to a PDF as soon as he moved it onto his desktop to prepare for import. I was able to remove the extension, send it to him and have him move it to his desktop, add the extension back and import it. So all was well. Then the next day the same thing happened to another class participant. She hadn't even tried to open it, but as soon as she moved it to her desktop it changed to a PDF. I tried the extension trick, but it didn't work. I've tried going to choosing the default program list, but of course there is no extension called wordcustomizations.exportedui as an option. Does anyone know a workaround so I can get these customizations imported to this employee's Word?

:)

LuanneCrosby, Mar 1, 2021

2. Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Mar 1, 2021
  4. .exportedui file changes to PDF on a student's computer so she can't import it

Excel files change to pdf on receipt

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve these issues.

• What do you mean by "have the same problem with excel files as they change to pdf on receipt"?
    • Which version of Office is running on the computer?
    If you are unable to convert Excel files to PDF, I suggest you to post your query on Office forums for further assistance.

Follow the link: Results in Microsoft 365 and Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Sudharshan M K, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

.exportedui file changes to PDF on a student's computer so she can't import it

1. .exportedui file changes to PDF on a student's computer so she can't import it - Similar Threads - exportedui file changes

2. How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?: How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-adobe-so-its-not-my-default-for/20e1d6a4-6caa-465a-97b3-cb98f750c671
  3. How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files?: How do I change Adobe so it's not my default for Pdf files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-adobe-so-its-not-my-default-for/20e1d6a4-6caa-465a-97b3-cb98f750c671
  4. Can't print pdf or files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print pdf or files: It's been 2 weeks where I cannot print anything on my printer. I can only print notepad files but won't work pdf or other files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-pdf-or-files/e854f371-aca0-426b-8a0a-ed4beacc647b
  5. Can't print pdf or files

Can't print pdf or files: It's been 2 weeks where I cannot print anything on my printer. I can only print notepad files but won't work pdf or other files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-pdf-or-files/e854f371-aca0-426b-8a0a-ed4beacc647b
  6. Can't print pdf or files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Openshot can't import files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Openshot can't import files: Openshot today got a weird bug is it can't import any files like: Audio, video, image, etcI trying to uninstall and reinstall still not working, i also trying the difference disk like d drive and other folder still not working* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. Openshot can't import files

Openshot can't import files: Openshot today got a weird bug is it can't import any files like: Audio, video, image, etcI trying to uninstall and reinstall still not working, i also trying the difference disk like d drive and other folder still not working* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. Can't open PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open PDF files: After installing Win 10 updates today, I cannot open PDF files. When attempting to do so, I get the error message "Windows cannot find C:\users......pdf Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. I looked at the community - and see this is not new. But...
  10. Word(Office 2019) can't convert pdf files / Outlook crashes pst import

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word(Office 2019) can't convert pdf files / Outlook crashes pst import: Hi, I did a clean windows 10 ver.1809 installation and decided to take up an offer from Microsoft HUP and also installed the newest Office Professional Plus 2019 package. Also did Kari's tutorial of User file relocation which I have done many times before. All worked well....