Windows 10: Exporting .3MF file with textures

Discus and support Exporting .3MF file with textures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to export a .3mf file that has textures that I applied in 3D Builder. However when I open the exported file in another program (eg.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelRaz911, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Exporting .3MF file with textures

Hi,

I am trying to export a .3mf file that has textures that I applied in 3D Builder. However when I open the exported file in another program (eg. 3D Viewer or Paint 3D) the textured surfaces are just gray???

Surfaces with plain colors show up fine.

Thanks

:)

MichaelRaz911, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Convert .3mf file to .jpg and vice versa.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community-Forums

• How are you trying to transfer the file?
    • What is the make and model of the phone?

Conversion of a .3mf to.jpg can be done using Paint 3D app available on Windows 10, however the conversion of .JPG to .3mf (i.e. 2D to 3D) is not possible.

To convert a .3mf file to jpg, open the .3mf file in Paint 3D, click on the folder icon in the upper-left corner and use the
    Export file function toconvert 3mf to jpg. This will create a 2D picture of your file.

Instead of transferring the file to phone, you can save it on OneDrive and restore/download it on your Hp computer later. Please refer to the steps mentioned in the link to upload files on OneDrive.

Upload files to OneDrive.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Najm Hoda Win User
    Exporting texture from mesh in 3D Builder

Hello.

I am currently trying to export the texture I already put on a 3D mesh as a .png file with the actual texture. However, it seems I can't find a way to do this (I only have a .mtl file, which I can't find a way to convert). Could someone please tell me a
    way to do this?

Najm Hoda, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Exporting .3MF file with textures

How to export 3D Builder models to Source with colors?

It won't work correctly. When I paint the 3D model with colors in the colors tab it didn't export .OBJ with colors but when i use any texture for painting 3d it works so, is there any option about exporting with colors ?

Ramazan Caylak, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Exporting .3MF file with textures

1. Exporting .3MF file with textures - Similar Threads - Exporting 3MF file

2. Can you export 3d viewer textures?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you export 3d viewer textures?: i can export the models but not the textures. How do i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-export-3d-viewer-textures/865520ba-5551-4231-8e57-c2cfcb097493
  3. 3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color: I have a model that I generated in Houdini that stores color as a point attribute. I export from Houdini as a GLTF and then import to 3D builder and export as a 3MF for 3D printing. I want to make a render in Maya but anytime I export as an OBJ there are no texture files...
  4. Paint 3D model textures turning black after exporting

Paint 3D model textures turning black after exporting: Hello ! I've been experiencing issues while exporting 3D models made in Paint 3D. Yes I could use another app, but this one by far is the easiest to use and it's also free. The models look fine in the app but after I export them, most of the model just turns black example...
  5. 3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.

3D Builder .3mf .obj - No texture when imported to Powerpoint.: When i import a .3mf or .obj into PowerPoint it does not import the textures, meaning the work i have done to add some realism to my builds is not transferred. I have added 3 images - 1. the 3D Builder .3mf file open in 3D Builder 2. The file preview as i am importing into...
  6. Export file format / file

Export file format / file: I am exporting financial data from a bank web site. The default file is .CSV - which changes the numbers to text. How do I change the default to .XLSX so that the number format is retained in the export file?...
  7. 3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files

3D Builder issue when adding stickers to painted 3mf files: Hi Community!!!! So, I have a 3MF model that I have painted and added stickers to in MS 3D Builder and then saved (this model will ultimately be full colour 3D printed) When I open the newly saved file in any other application (e.g. Netfabb, HP 3D build Stream) I have two...
  8. Texture

Texture: I'm using 3D Builder as my modeling service, but textures and meshes dont upload together in ROBLOX. So i need to make the texture a decal. Where can I find a texture of a model I made and saved?...
  9. 3D builder not outputting texture maps when exporting as .3MF

3D builder not outputting texture maps when exporting as .3MF: Hello, I am trying to 3D print some cabinets with our HP-MJF color printer. I have placed images onto the .STL file and everything looks great in the 3D builder but once I save the file out, most of the textures are missing. I have done this with some other cabinets and it...
  10. Gmail File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place

in Windows 10 Support
    Gmail File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place: Is there a Gmail forum 120054