Windows 10: exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

Discus and support exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarveyKornblau, Nov 3, 2020.

1. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019

I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail

in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open & export,import/export,import from another program file, comma seperated values,choose the csv file and do not import duplicates & click next, and choose into contacts, a message appears...

"A file error has occured in comma separted values translator while initializing translator to build a filed map."

"the file c:\user/wldpr\desktop\contacts.csv" is locked. this could be because the disk is locked, the file is read-only,in use by another program,or you do not have permission to use a network path."

Does anyone have a clu as to what is going wrong here?

One would think this be a simple process.

Help would be greatly appreciate.

:)

HarveyKornblau, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Nov 3, 2020
  3. busaboyz Win User
    Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People

I used to be able to export "Contacts" from my Gmail account and import them into Outlook "People" so I could keep my contacts synced between platforms. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for many months. I contacted Microsoft and despite numerous online and emails back and forth with the Indian Help guy, nothing ever worked. It was odd he never wanted to see my CSV files.

Gmail gives Google CSV and Outlook CSV export options. The Outlook CSV file gives a "Something went wrong.. the format isn't correct...." error when I try to import it into "People". The Google CSV imports but most of the data is stuffed into a "Notes" field. Looking at the two files in a spreadsheet, I see nothing to justify why Outlook "People" is doing what it does.

I can import the Gmail CSV into my other on-line email services without major issues. Something Gmail or Microsoft did screwed up something I have been doing for 10 years.

busaboyz, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

can not find csv file

You have to make the .csv file first by exporting the Contacts from Outlook 2007 to a .csv file, them you can import them into Outlook 2016. Instruction here...
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...D0EAABAAA=2007

BTW, Excel can open .csv files, just double-click on one. The .csv format is also available on Excel's 'Save as...' but you'll be warned it won't save the formatting, just the data.

Bree, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

1. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook - Similar Threads - exporting contacts gmail

2. how do I export my csv into apple contacts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I export my csv into apple contacts?: how do I export my csv into apple contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-export-my-csv-into-apple-contacts/24977aab-5b29-4ee2-bab4-72497012e2cd
  3. Create csv file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create csv file: How do I create a csv file from, my contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-csv-file/5f2fe32c-02eb-4a33-8f07-ff325c25e4a1
  4. how to import contact csv file into live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to import contact csv file into live mail: How do I import contacts csv file into Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contact-csv-file-into-live-mail/f0dd966c-0a74-4a2a-b564-8d96d1424568
  5. How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?: the question is "How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-a-csv-file-of-contacts-into/88f590f5-0ed5-4ab3-b34f-766335300aec
  6. Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file

Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file: I have 3 questions regarding issues I'm having with Windows 10 Mail. (1) When typing a particular contact's name (same for several actually) within an email, two or more options pop-up. One of them is correct and the other options are totally wrong - i.e. not any contacts...
  7. Windows Mail/People import CSV file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail/People import CSV file: I see some articles here that must be using a different Windows Mail, because mine does not look like what they say. In 'About' mine says version 16005.10827.20137.0. Is that the correct one?? If so, can I import contacts?...
  8. I canot create a CSV file out of contacts?

I canot create a CSV file out of contacts?: I am try to transfer contacts from Windows phone to android via outlook - but I am struggle to create a CSV file out of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-canot-create-a-csv-file-out-of-contacts/e42bd4ed-5e52-4bc0-b9d8-67ce2406365f
  9. How do I export AOL contacts to a CSV file?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I export AOL contacts to a CSV file?: A friend of mine is wanting to change from AOL to Gmail. He has more than 100 contacts and of course doesn't want to retype each one. I can't find export on my friend's AOL mail account. I've posted this question using a Google search and there are several responses and even...
  10. Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail: I have tried to import a csv & a vcf file into Live Mail. I get a message that the vcf file isn't correct & I get only the A's & B's imported with the csv file. All of the contacts are in Excel when I open it. I have a little over 200 contacts. Anyone know what I can do? 42619