Windows 10: Exporting data from windows live POP3 address to Outlook IMAP address

Discus and support Exporting data from windows live POP3 address to Outlook IMAP address in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I was all morning long in contact with agents from the office team. My problem : My dad (the owner of the account) configured his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JACQUES PIPARD, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Exporting data from windows live POP3 address to Outlook IMAP address

Hi,

I was all morning long in contact with agents from the office team.

My problem :

My dad (the owner of the account) configured his professional email address (ex: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) as an POP3 on his computer with Windows mail 2012.

He wants to change his computer for a new one and to configure his outlook account with his same address (ex: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) as IMAP because I will also work with him on my own computer.

He needs to export all the data of his POP3 email address (ex: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) to import them to his IMAP email address (ex: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***). In a way to keep his old messages and not lose them.

The agents of this morning tried it but failed. Because they weren’t able to have access to all the settings the microsoft community might have.

Someone can help me to export all the data of the POP3 server to the IMAP server by configurate his email address on outlook ?

Thanks a lot,

Anne

:)

JACQUES PIPARD, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Alicia J Win User

How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book

I have three options listed in Outlook when I try to export a CSV contact list from the address book.. Myself, another person, and the 'Outlook Data File'. I am the default person.

When you open the address book, the choice that has the current contacts is my name-contacts. When you go to the export file section, it is called suggested contacts. If I export this file and open it in excel, it shows names and street addresses with no email address listed. There are also names in the file that are no longer in my address book.

How do I get the address book to export the current list from my address book, and how do I get the excel file to show the email address?

Alicia J, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Address Book is blank

try making a yahoo account or use thunderbird or windows mail and re-export it. you can import via yahoo mail and then when you export it will give you an option on what format youd like to download the file in. that might be your ticket.

Solaris17, Jul 30, 2019
  4. AjayK47 Win User

Exporting data from windows live POP3 address to Outlook IMAP address

Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts

I use Outlook 2016 for all my email requirements.

One BTinternet.com email address
    One Outlook.com email address

Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP3.

Wanted to change the Outlook.com to IMAP with my understanding being that this would then sync both ways with the web-mail for Outlook.com.

Deleted the old POP3 account settings for the Outlook.com email address and then went through the process of setting up again using the automatic configuration rather than the "manually configure" thinking this would automatically use IMAP. (Left settings unchanged for the POP3 BTinternet.com email address).

To my surprise the Outlook.com email address was not setup as an IMAP but as an Exchange Server.

Initially thought this would be ok as this would also sync both ways with web-mail. Soon discovered however that any email coming in to my still remaining BTinternet POP3 email address was also arriving into the Outlook.com Inbox.

Why is this happening and what do I have to do to still keep the POP3 email separate from the Exchange Server email each using their own Inbox? (Both Inbox's are listed in the left hand panel of Outlook 2016).

Any help much appreciated.

AjayK47, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Exporting data from windows live POP3 address to Outlook IMAP address

1. Exporting data from windows live POP3 address to Outlook IMAP address - Similar Threads - Exporting data live

2. Imap/Pop3 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imap/Pop3 ?: What Is an Imap and or pop3 account even used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imappop3/5355f4ce-3043-4c88-b440-6a2036f29031
  3. Imap/Pop3 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imap/Pop3 ?: What Is an Imap and or pop3 account even used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imappop3/5355f4ce-3043-4c88-b440-6a2036f29031
  4. Window live address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window live address: I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-live-address/6f8aa9c6-c26c-4d3d-8212-a745faecfe23
  5. Window live address

Window live address: I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-live-address/6f8aa9c6-c26c-4d3d-8212-a745faecfe23
  6. Changing the default "From: address in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the default "From: address in Outlook: Hello,I'm trying to use Outlook with a Word mailmerge. The Outlook account is linked to my Gmail account. I generally don't use the Gmail address: I have my website address automatically forwarded to Gmail.Gmail allows me to use my website email in the "From" field, with no...
  7. Changing the default "From: address in Outlook

Changing the default "From: address in Outlook: Hello,I'm trying to use Outlook with a Word mailmerge. The Outlook account is linked to my Gmail account. I generally don't use the Gmail address: I have my website address automatically forwarded to Gmail.Gmail allows me to use my website email in the "From" field, with no...
  8. Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook: Hi, Up until now I have been using Windows Live Mail WLM to receive, send and store my emails. However, after changing my password for security reasons my Live Mail will no longer work. I have Outlook installed on my PC so I intend to start using that instead. However, I...
  9. Export contacts/Address book from Windows Live Webmail

in Browsers and Email
    Export contacts/Address book from Windows Live Webmail: Hi I have a Windows Live email with address L: xxx@hotmail.com, I only have access to it via the Web. Is there anyway to export my Contacts/Address book from Windows Live on the Web? Thanks Daniel 76306
  10. Export Contacts/Address book from Windows Live Webmail

in Browsers and Email
    Export Contacts/Address book from Windows Live Webmail: Hi I have a Windows Live email with address L: xxx@hotmail.com, I only have access to it via the Web. I am trying to export my contacts but when I go to People/Contacts/Export and select All Contacts and CSV for the file type then select Export at the top of the page...