Windows 10: Exporting Edge passwords

Discus and support Exporting Edge passwords in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I export my edge web site passwords to a .csv file to import to chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardLazarski1, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Exporting Edge passwords

How can I export my edge web site passwords to a .csv file to import to chrome

:)

RichardLazarski1, Jan 1, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Export Edge Bookmarks

Hi Greg,

Exporting files from Edge can be done as HTML file. You may refer to the steps below to trying it:

• From Edge browser, click on the Ellipsis icon (three horizontal dots located at the upper right corner of the page) >
      Settings > Import from another browser >
      Export to file

Let us know if this is the option you're looking for.

John Sarc, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Export Edge Bookmarks

There is no Settings > Import from another browser > Export to file on my PC

GregCowling, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Gabor Cs. Win User

Exporting Edge passwords

Microsoft Edge, Windows Web Credentials Manager - Exporting Passwords. Need Help Please - Thank you! Exporting Edge passwords :)

Do you really suggest that one should navigate to tons of websites and use their "Forgot password?" feature to be able to save the web credentials in the new environment????

There is one workaround where at least the export is fast:

• Export Web Credentials with a third-party tool, e.g. VaultPasswordView from
      www.nirsoft.net
    • Navigate to the sites one by one.
    • Login using the exported credential info.
    • Save password when the browser asks.
    If Windows Credentials can be exported and then imported through the UI then what kind of "security and privacy purpose" is it to forbid the same mechanism for Web Credentials?

Let's say ok, there are some "security and privacy purposes" against exporting passwords.

But what about importing or creating new Web Credentials?

Why is it also impossible?

How does IE/Edge stores the credentials in the Web Credentials?

What API do they call to save the credentials?

Gabor Cs., Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Exporting Edge passwords

1. Exporting Edge passwords - Similar Threads - Exporting Edge passwords

2. Export/Import Edge folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export/Import Edge folder: I'm getting ready to move a project from one computer to another one. Is it possible to export 1 folder under _MyFavorites on one computer and import it on another computer? If so how?...
  3. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  4. Exporting Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting Edge favorites: Good evening, I have purchased a new PC. Is there anyway I can export my favourite sites from Edge on my old PC and import them into Edge on my new one? Thanks Mike...
  5. How to import or export saved passwords from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to import or export saved passwords from Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]If you want to import or export saved passwords from the Microsoft Edge browser, then this article will be helpful for you. For this, you […] This article How to import or export saved passwords from Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Want to export passwords from microsoft edge Win 10.Credentials Manage

in Browsers and Email
    Want to export passwords from microsoft edge Win 10.Credentials Manage: I am doing a fresh install of windows 10. I need to export my windows edge passwords. The data I want is here (I think): C:\Users\[User Profile Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Vault C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Vault C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\...
  7. Edge and password

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and password: How do I remove the darn password option from my pc log in screen? I think we have a tutorial in here? I was trying out Edge as my default and must have activated this by adding the live.com account. I do not want the pass log in at all. I dont have Edge icon on my desktop,...
  8. no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?: no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites including the favorites line in the top? 66205
  9. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  10. Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome: How to: Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account info for that site....