Windows 10: Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder

Discus and support Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to simplify the OBJ export feature in 3D Builder for Windows 10? At present I’m importing GLB repair and export. When exporting as OBJ I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JasLane72, Aug 9, 2019.

1. JasLane72 Win User

Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder

Is there a way to simplify the OBJ export feature in 3D Builder for Windows 10? At present I’m importing GLB repair and export. When exporting as OBJ I have many file save prompts - first OBJ, then MTL, then literally 100s of PNG baked texture files. Is there any way around these 100s of save dialogue boxes please! Here is a video link demonstrating this issue and the many save screens I’m trying to avoid - Click to view on YouTube

***Original title: 3D Builder export query***

:)

JasLane72, Aug 9, 2019

2. 3D Builder Export to obj with colors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if OBJ file is exported correctly or the file is corrupt.

3D Builder can view, capture, personalize, and print 3D models using 3D Builder. Download many kinds of 3D files and edit them using the 3D modeling space. Take a picture with your webcam and make it 3D. Personalize 3D files by embossing your name, or combine
    models and pieces to make something new.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Have you created another 3D format files through 3D Builder app and checked in another 3D modelling program?
    • When you say that "but the OBJ generated does not seem to contain texture/color information", by which app or applications have you tried to open the OBJ 3D file?

I suggest you export the 3D file to another file other than OBJ file. Check if the texture and picture is visible or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 9, 2019
  3. iulf Win User
    3D Builder Export to obj with colors

Thank you for your reply.

The 3MF file was created with Microsoft 3D Scan. I have tested the 3MF file using Microsoft 3D Builder only, I do not have any other tool that can open 3MF files... Do you know any other tool that can open and export 3MF files?

I tried opening the exported OBJ file using Autodesk Meshmixer and its colors do not appear.

I tried all other formats and none work... beginning to think the problem is Microsoft 3D Scan and not 3D Builder.

Thank you.

iulf, Aug 9, 2019
  4. iulf Win User

3D Builder Export to obj with colors

Hello,

I am new to 3D modeling and I have a model in 3mf format which contains texture/colors... I opened it in 3D Builder and I am trying to export it to OBJ (so I can open it in other 3D Modeling programs), but the OBJ generated does not seem to contain texture/color
    information.

Any ideas how can I do it?

Thank you.

iulf, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder - Similar Threads - Exporting OBJ files

2. Windows 3D Builder doesn't seem to export colours when exporting projects as a .obj file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 3D Builder doesn't seem to export colours when exporting projects as a .obj file?: Hi,I have made some 3D models in Windows 3D Builder and I have exported them as .obj files. The .mtl file saves as normal and is saved in the same location with the same name. When importing it into a stage lighting visualisation software, "Syncronorm Depence R3", the model...
  3. Windows 3D Builder doesn't seem to export colours when exporting projects as a .obj file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 3D Builder doesn't seem to export colours when exporting projects as a .obj file?: Hi,I have made some 3D models in Windows 3D Builder and I have exported them as .obj files. The .mtl file saves as normal and is saved in the same location with the same name. When importing it into a stage lighting visualisation software, "Syncronorm Depence R3", the model...
  4. why can't i create an OBJ file with color 3D builder

why can't i create an OBJ file with color 3D builder: every time i create a OBJ file with 3D builder, it stays black and white, please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-create-an-obj-file-with-color-3d/f936d3eb-a424-475f-aadf-a878a8dd9c20
  5. 3D Builder can't export files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder can't export files: Hello,whenever I try to assemble multiple files into one, I cannot export the result. I get the message "export not possible. Please try again. Error core: 0x80004005". I tried to export the file as STL or 3MF - the result is the same. I checked my RAM - I have 32 GB RAM....
  6. 3D Builder can't export files

3D Builder can't export files: Hello,whenever I try to assemble multiple files into one, I cannot export the result. I get the message "export not possible. Please try again. Error core: 0x80004005". I tried to export the file as STL or 3MF - the result is the same. I checked my RAM - I have 32 GB RAM....
  7. 3D Builder can't export files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color

3D builder not exporter 3MF to OBJ in color: I have a model that I generated in Houdini that stores color as a point attribute. I export from Houdini as a GLTF and then import to 3D builder and export as a 3MF for 3D printing. I want to make a render in Maya but anytime I export as an OBJ there are no texture files...
  9. Export animation from 3D Builder to use in PowerPoint

Export animation from 3D Builder to use in PowerPoint: I can successfully import a .gltf animated file into 3D Builder but I can't find a way of exporting it so I can use the animated 3D model in PowerPoint. There are built in models but no way of making them yourself it seems. Help!...
  10. saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder

saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder: When I open an obj file in 3D builder it (always) gives me a warning message that the object is falsely defined. After running the automatic repair, the object appears to be fine. When I then save it and re-open the obj file, it is again displayed as being falsely defined and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. obj file saved with 3dbuilder how to

2. how to export as .obj in 3d builder