Windows 10: Exporting People to Outlook

Discus and support Exporting People to Outlook in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I export Windows 10 Contacts the People app.. to Outlook. Thanks, Lou... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LouDifinizio, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Exporting People to Outlook

how do I export Windows 10 Contacts the People app.. to Outlook.

Thanks,

Lou

:)

LouDifinizio, Jan 18, 2021
  2. rwhit Win User

Transferring People to Outlook in Win10

Success! I will attempt a quick summary.

1. I have 2 accounts in W10 email, an IMAP to my ISP Cox Cable account, and a Gmail account.
    2. Under W10 People, I selected Filter contact list which shows that People comprises names and info from 3 places, Recent contacts, Cox, and Gmail.
    3. Filtering to show each in turn, I found that my desired contacts were in Gmail, not Cox.
    4. Opening google.com, I saw my complete email list. I could export this as CSV and then import into Outlook.
    5. On the other hand, when I opened outlook.com, I saw only the 1 test entry that I created in People.
    6. Finally, after proper remapping, I successfully imported my contact list.

One quirk. Export from Google.com can be in either Outlook or Google format. But Outlook format retains the First Name, Last Name, etc., fields from Google contacts. Since Name is not an available field, my import to Outlook ended up with a list of emails, phone numbers, etc., but no associated Names. I had to export in Google format which converts First Name, Last Name to Name. Outlook then maps Name correctly.

I have no idea why each created contact in People was directed to the Google account rather than to Cox but so be it. I have my People names in Outlook 365.

Too bad Outlook and W10 email and People cannot share the contact data. I will therefore stick to Outlook for all my email and contacts.

Thanks for everyone's input. Your comments led me to the solution.

rwhit, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Munki Win User
    GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Alicia J Win User

Exporting People to Outlook

How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book

I have three options listed in Outlook when I try to export a CSV contact list from the address book.. Myself, another person, and the 'Outlook Data File'. I am the default person.

When you open the address book, the choice that has the current contacts is my name-contacts. When you go to the export file section, it is called suggested contacts. If I export this file and open it in excel, it shows names and street addresses with no email address listed. There are also names in the file that are no longer in my address book.

How do I get the address book to export the current list from my address book, and how do I get the excel file to show the email address?

Alicia J, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Exporting People to Outlook

1. Exporting People to Outlook - Similar Threads - Exporting Outlook

2. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  3. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  4. how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook

how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook: how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-a-calender-from-windows-mail-and/2cc8133b-9985-4471-b2f3-dd30e2895239
  5. how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook: how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-a-calender-from-windows-mail-and/2cc8133b-9985-4471-b2f3-dd30e2895239
  6. how can I export my calendar from my Microsoft account calendar not the calendar in outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I export my calendar from my Microsoft account calendar not the calendar in outlook: Firstly, my calendar in Microsost account doesn't match the one in Outlook even after synching.Secondly, and more importantly, how can I can export the calendar from the MS account? I cannot for the life of me figure out how....
  7. how can I export my calendar from my Microsoft account calendar not the calendar in outlook

how can I export my calendar from my Microsoft account calendar not the calendar in outlook: Firstly, my calendar in Microsost account doesn't match the one in Outlook even after synching.Secondly, and more importantly, how can I can export the calendar from the MS account? I cannot for the life of me figure out how....
  8. How to export Outlook 365 autocomplete data

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to export Outlook 365 autocomplete data: Hi All, This is my first post. I have searched for a solution to this question but did not find any relevant information, so here is my question: How can a user export the email addresses and associated data stored in the Outlook 365 Autocomplete list to a file in a readable...
  9. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook: I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open &...
  10. Export outlook tasks

Export outlook tasks: Hello, I was wondering if I can export outlook tasks? I have 100s of tasks on outlook and I want my colleague to follow them while I'm away. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/export-outlook-tasks/04dde9e6-e5ae-43eb-8a5b-d1be4b3ae3d3