Windows 10: Ext. 4TB USB Suddenly Unallocated w/ Lots of Data Looking 4 HELP : )

Discus and support Ext. 4TB USB Suddenly Unallocated w/ Lots of Data Looking 4 HELP : ) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Barebones drive used in a docking station. I always safely eject when done. Put it in the other day and crap on a cracker I see this: [img] [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Ext. 4TB USB Suddenly Unallocated w/ Lots of Data Looking 4 HELP : )

Barebones drive used in a docking station. I always safely eject when done. Put it in the other day and crap on a cracker I see this:

Ext. 4TB USB Suddenly Unallocated w/ Lots of Data Looking 4 HELP : ) [​IMG]

Ext. 4TB USB Suddenly Unallocated w/ Lots of Data Looking 4 HELP : ) [​IMG]

I bought this 4TB drive because an external 2TB USB w/ enclosure was on the brink of implosion according to Hard Disk Sentinel and so I copied the 1.5TB of data onto the 4TB barebones drive while I waited for the latter's imminent demise. I continued to use the 2TB but more as a way station for info that was regularly backed up elsewhere. The irony now is that the 2TB continues to chug along and it's backup the 4TB seemingly took a crap on me. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't continued to add new data to the 4TB drive.

Sadly it appears that diskpart is no help here since I do not want to format but rather get the data back. Here's hoping there is some kind of miracle cmd out there that someone can share with me that will change the unusable unallocated drive back so that it is allocated and once again show up in explorer.

A GOOGLE search seems to indicate that there are all sorts of consumer programs out there claiming to do this for me though they are all mostly in the US 50.00 plus range and I have no idea if they work or not. Sending the drive to a recovery place is out of the question since I seem to recall that this can cost an arm and a leg.

So here is hoping someone knows of a windows command that will help me or barring that what do you all know of some of the software out there that claims to make everything all right again. So far I have come across iBoysoft Data Recovery Home for Windows, MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool Partition Wizard and EaseUS Data Recovery Software.

Thank you.

:)

phaedruspress, Nov 23, 2018

2. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Nov 23, 2018
  3. m1dg3t Win User
    Reccomend USB Ext/Hub

Looking for some help in finding a USB Ext/Hub so i can sit on my couch while playing game's lol It need's to be high speed to work well with my mouse/kb

Thank's!

m1dg3t, Nov 23, 2018
  4. michael Win User

Ext. 4TB USB Suddenly Unallocated w/ Lots of Data Looking 4 HELP : )

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk

Hi Guys,

Please suggest Best 4TB NAS External Hard Disk.

There are only two WD or Segate

What I want:-

1.USB 3.0
    2.LAN port
    3.Torrent client
    4.DLNA streaming

Please suggest if you have any experiences

Thanks.

michael, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Ext. 4TB USB Suddenly Unallocated w/ Lots of Data Looking 4 HELP : )

1. Ext. 4TB USB Suddenly Unallocated w/ Lots of Data Looking 4 HELP : ) - Similar Threads - Ext 4TB USB

2. Help w/ USB Port Reset Failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help w/ USB Port Reset Failure: Hi, I apologize if there is a dedicated thread for help questions. I read the about section and didn’t see any limits. I’m getting a “USB port reset failure” code 43 on both of my USB-C ports when connecting a Sceptre E24 Monitor using a USB-C to HDMI cable. I’ve contacted...
  3. Help with formatting 4tb hdd?

Help with formatting 4tb hdd?: I recently built my first PC, and have been having some issues formatting the hard drive properly. Windows 10 is installed on a separate 500gb ssd, so it is empty, except for a partition called "System Reserved" which takes up ~600mb and is preventing me from converting from...
  4. installed Windows10 to Ext drive - lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installed Windows10 to Ext drive - lost data: My daughter installed windows 10 onto WD MyBook essential ext harddrive to update from windows 7 on her PC. she downloaded the update from microsoft site. it appears all her saved files and backups were overwritten. is there a way to uninstall and restore her files?...
  5. Need help w/ USB Ethernet adapter

Need help w/ USB Ethernet adapter: I have a laptop set up as a HTPC. I purchased a USB gigabit ethernet adapter as it lacks an RJ45 connector. I am averaging 200+ Mb/s on my desktop computer, which is also on windows 10. It is plugged into an identical ethernet cable connected to the same router. I have a...
  6. Ext. USB HD no longer mounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ext. USB HD no longer mounts: It is a 2 TB Western Digital Elements USB hard drive. It used to be divided into two partitions which worked perfectly. I than wanted to re-combine the two partitions into one. I went into DiscManagement and deleted each partition. I expected to mount it again as a single 2...
  7. 8TB Ext HD Drive w/ Micro-USB 3.0 Port (USB 3.1 Gen 1)??

8TB Ext HD Drive w/ Micro-USB 3.0 Port (USB 3.1 Gen 1)??: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad P51 and am looking at this: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate...?skuId=5512100 Elsewhere it says that it comes with a Micro-USB 3.0 Port (USB 3.1 Gen 1) connector. Is this the connector that plugs into the back of the drive and then on the other...
  8. Ext USB HDD suddenly non-removable

Ext USB HDD suddenly non-removable: Running Win10 Pro v1803. Update KB4340917 installed yesterday on 7/25/18. Now the Safely Remove Devices icon is nowhere to be found but I manually ran it with a run cmd. The app sees the external device but trying to remove it gives an error claiming the device is not...
  9. Ext USB HD's will not mount

Ext USB HD's will not mount: Have 2 Seagate SRD00F2 3TB USB ext hard drives in a mirror configuration using MS Storage Spaces. Were working when I shut down yesterday, but would not work this morning. Drives do not show up in Device Manager. However, when starting the drives after boot, two entries show...
  10. Looking for a 4-bay USB 3.0 external HDD enclosure

Looking for a 4-bay USB 3.0 external HDD enclosure: I'm having a major issue with my current external hard drive enclosures (standard mechanic drives) that I'm trying to resolve in another thread so I won't go into that here: Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied" Basically on my new PC my current enclosures are...