Windows 10: Ext. HD Keeps Disappearing

Discus and support Ext. HD Keeps Disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a WD Elements Portable model number WDBUZG0010BBK-WESN. It keeps disappearing and I have to unplug it and plug it back in. I tried these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vanessalf, May 16, 2021.

1. Vanessalf Win User

Ext. HD Keeps Disappearing

I bought a WD Elements Portable model number WDBUZG0010BBK-WESN. It keeps disappearing and I have to unplug it and plug it back in. I tried these suggestions: Fix WD External Hard Drive Not Working/Recognized/Showing UP Error – EaseUS I also changed the drive letter. But it still disappears. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can stop this? Thank you. Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OSBuild 19042.985)

:)

Vanessalf, May 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 & Seagate Ext HD Back-up +

Installed Windows 10 and my Seagate Ext HD, Back-up + will go to 5% and freeze up. Consequently, nothing is backed up. I spoke with Seagate and they do not have any answer. Any suggestions?

GatorHunter, May 16, 2021
  3. used a ext hd as a storage space. want to convert it back to being a ext hd. how???

Used a ext hd as a storage space. Want to convert it back to being a ext hd. There does not seem to be a way to do this. Does anyone know how? In windows 10.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

frankcoulter1&, May 16, 2021
  4. exmersion Win User

EXT HD is gone

Not sure if i can see in the BIOS. I did looked but i couldnt see anything that should have been the HD. And no, it doesnt have a drive letter. If that was the case i just had to give it a new one wich should have solved the problem.

EDIT: Looked again, can't see it. And i managed to fix my old EXT HD but that one isn't showing up in the BIOS as well.. But that one is working fine. Still need to figure out why Windows won't see it..

exmersion, May 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Ext. HD Keeps Disappearing - Similar Threads - Ext Keeps Disappearing

2. Int. HD partition Keeps Disappearing (Z Drive) others are OK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Int. HD partition Keeps Disappearing (Z Drive) others are OK: I Have an internal HDD drive with multiple partitions & one keeps loosing it's letter? It keeps disappearing and I have to re-assign it and reboot. This has been happening for a few versions but I'm getting fed up of it now. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can stop this?...
  3. Ext. USB HD no longer mounts

Ext. USB HD no longer mounts: It is a 2 TB Western Digital Elements USB hard drive. It used to be divided into two partitions which worked perfectly. I than wanted to re-combine the two partitions into one. I went into DiscManagement and deleted each partition. I expected to mount it again as a single 2...
  4. How to combine two ext. HD partitions into one big one?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to combine two ext. HD partitions into one big one?: I have an ext. USB HD, 2 TB in size, partitioned into two separate drives, each of half the total capacity. Each separate drive appears in Windows Explorer as two separate drives. L1 and L2. I now want to return to having only one drive, of 2 TB, without any partitions. I...
  5. USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow

USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow: So Upgraded (clean full install, of Win 10 Pro x64. I have ext USB 3.0 drives, regular SATA III drives and pretty new. In win 8.1 they were lightning fast. Now in win 10 Pro they are so slow that sometimes the cursor just has a spinning fit. Thats just right clicking on it...
  6. USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow: So Upgraded (clean full install, of Win 10 Pro x64. I have ext USB 3.0 drives, regular SATA III drives and pretty new. In win 8.1 they were lightning fast. Now in win 10 Pro they are so slow that sometimes the cursor just has a spinning fit. Thats just right clicking on it...
  7. Windows10 not recognizing 2 Toshiba ext HD at same time

Windows10 not recognizing 2 Toshiba ext HD at same time: This is an intricate thing to try to describe so here goes. I have 2 Toshiba external hard drives no model number (I assume they are identical). Plugged in one to USB and it was immediately recognized and assigned H drive. Plugged the other into another USB and this one is...
  8. Ext USB HD's will not mount

Ext USB HD's will not mount: Have 2 Seagate SRD00F2 3TB USB ext hard drives in a mirror configuration using MS Storage Spaces. Were working when I shut down yesterday, but would not work this morning. Drives do not show up in Device Manager. However, when starting the drives after boot, two entries show...
  9. How do I disable Ext HD from the POST in BIOS

How do I disable Ext HD from the POST in BIOS: hi so my asus ranger vii m/b settings aren't stopping the external samsung M3 portable HD from interfering . So keep getting the error: bootmnger not found error CTRL-ALT-DELETE required Needless to say samsung and asus aren't supporting 27645
  10. Saved Locked Folder to Ext. HD. and Can't Open after Reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Saved Locked Folder to Ext. HD. and Can't Open after Reset: My Dell desktop with Windows 10 was acting up so I opted to do a "Reset my PC" including deleting all files and folders. I've backed up my files and folders to an external drive once a month, but performed an extra backup just before the Reset process. The most important...