Windows 10: Ext USB HD's will not mount

Discus and support Ext USB HD's will not mount in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have 2 Seagate SRD00F2 3TB USB ext hard drives in a mirror configuration using MS Storage Spaces. Were working when I shut down yesterday, but would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HOJO, Jul 21, 2017.

1. HOJO Win User

Ext USB HD's will not mount

Have 2 Seagate SRD00F2 3TB USB ext hard drives in a mirror configuration using MS Storage Spaces. Were working when I shut down yesterday, but would not work this morning. Drives do not show up in Device Manager. However, when starting the drives after boot, two entries show up in the Storage Controllers section of the Device Manager "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device" appear. When checking device status under Properties the following appeared "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)". I have shut down and restarted, but with the same result. There are no indications of other issues in the Device Manager. I am running WIN 10 PRO.
    Thanks for any help.

:)

2. External Hard Drive and Windows 10

You can corrupt an ext hd doing that. I already did that and had to use a recovery product to get my info on the ext hd. Now I can't get win 10 to recognize my new ext hd. The pc is a HP and I heard they have something inside that deliberitly doesn't
    recognize ext hds. Why, I wish I knew. There is a good video on utube that might help. I can't find my files, or I would have my ext hd opened by now. Try utube ones, let us know if you have success or if you don't. Trish

TrisheBear, Jul 21, 2017
  3. Cannot see or access external hard drive after installing Windows 10

Try this: Have PC off totally. Connect ext HD. Boot up. Ext HD should be recognized. If not, keep everything connected, but do a restart. Don't turn off PC, just do restart with ext hd connected. Try different ports if one doesn't work. But start
    with PC off, then connect to port & boot up. Trish

TrisheBear, Jul 21, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

(I'm assuming you have a Desktop; if so): If you unplug the power cord from your computer (for 30 minutes is what I've heard) it will clear out all the memory that's still sitting in your computer's memory. If it's a laptop, remove the battery, if possible, for 30 minutes.
    But first, I would remove the power cord/battery for 20 seconds or so, and re-boot up the computer.

pepanee, Jul 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Ext USB HD's will not mount - Similar Threads - Ext USB HD's

2. USB external drives not mounting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  3. USB external drives not mounting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB external drives not mounting: In the last couple of weeks my USB external drives have stopped mounting when I plug them in. The notification sound when a USB device is plugged in sounds, the activity lights on the drives power on and I can hear them spin up as normal, but the drives themselves do not...
  4. Ext. HD Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ext. HD Keeps Disappearing: I bought a WD Elements Portable model number WDBUZG0010BBK-WESN. It keeps disappearing and I have to unplug it and plug it back in. I tried these suggestions: Fix WD External Hard Drive Not Working/Recognized/Showing UP Error – EaseUS I also changed the drive letter. But it...
  5. Trouble mounting/unmounting external HD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble mounting/unmounting external HD: I have an external HD that I can mount and access okay, but after some amount of time something goes wrong with it to where I can access folders but they are all listed as empty, and attempting to unmount brings up a windows screen saying the drive is being used by a program....
  6. Ext. USB HD no longer mounts

Ext. USB HD no longer mounts: It is a 2 TB Western Digital Elements USB hard drive. It used to be divided into two partitions which worked perfectly. I than wanted to re-combine the two partitions into one. I went into DiscManagement and deleted each partition. I expected to mount it again as a single 2...
  7. ?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging?

?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging?: Win 10 v1803. I have a new external USB 3 hard drive. It is USB powered and has no power switch. I do not want the drive available except when doing a backup so I use the Safely Remove Device facility. However, I can find no way to mount the disk again other than unplugging...
  8. USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow

USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow: So Upgraded (clean full install, of Win 10 Pro x64. I have ext USB 3.0 drives, regular SATA III drives and pretty new. In win 8.1 they were lightning fast. Now in win 10 Pro they are so slow that sometimes the cursor just has a spinning fit. Thats just right clicking on it...
  9. USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow: So Upgraded (clean full install, of Win 10 Pro x64. I have ext USB 3.0 drives, regular SATA III drives and pretty new. In win 8.1 they were lightning fast. Now in win 10 Pro they are so slow that sometimes the cursor just has a spinning fit. Thats just right clicking on it...
  10. 8TB Ext HD Drive w/ Micro-USB 3.0 Port (USB 3.1 Gen 1)??

8TB Ext HD Drive w/ Micro-USB 3.0 Port (USB 3.1 Gen 1)??: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad P51 and am looking at this: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate...?skuId=5512100 Elsewhere it says that it comes with a Micro-USB 3.0 Port (USB 3.1 Gen 1) connector. Is this the connector that plugs into the back of the drive and then on the other...