Windows 10: Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%.

Discus and support Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to optimize my battery life by making it charge to only 60% on my laptop. My ASUS Zenbook Pro is always plugged in, and I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Castor Cascom, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%.

I would like to optimize my battery life by making it charge to only 60% on my laptop. My ASUS Zenbook Pro is always plugged in, and I would like to have an optimal battery for such use.

1 The integrated app MyAsus does not work well. It keeps changing to normal settings every few days. Is there an integrated option in Windows 10?

2 Would you know, otherwise, alternative apps for this use, or if I can use the battery saver setting all the time which limits background activity or does the latter have negative effects if it remains on all the time?

Thanks,

CC

:)

Castor Cascom, Mar 25, 2020

2. why does my laptop only charge up to 80% and not 100%?

Hello FirozAnsary

If the battery on your computer is only charging to 80% this is likely because Battery Life Extender is turned on. Battery Life Extender sets the maximum battery charge level to 80% in order to extend the life of your battery. To turn this function off and
    charge your laptop battery to 100% follow the steps below.

1. Open Settings from the Start Screen or your desktop. If you do not have Settings installed click here for instructions on installing it.

2. In the Settings window, go to Power Management.

3. Click the Battery Life Extender tab.

4. On the Battery Life Extender window, slide the slider to Off. Battery Life Extender is now turned off.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
  4. lacrumb Win User

Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%.

Samsung Battery Life Extender

That 80% is a place that is used to extend the life of the battery. If you charge to 100% all the time it wares out the battery.

lacrumb, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%.

1. Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%. - Similar Threads - Extend battery life

2. battery only charging to 60%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery only charging to 60%: battery om a ASUS X515 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-only-charging-to-60/d82eada7-e01c-4f4f-9a3a-def266f71e44
  3. battery only charging to 60%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    battery only charging to 60%: battery om a ASUS X515 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-only-charging-to-60/d82eada7-e01c-4f4f-9a3a-def266f71e44
  4. Battery stopped charging at 60%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery stopped charging at 60%: I've got a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 intel i3 11 gen,8GB ram my battery charges to 60% and after that is shows'plugged in, not charging'. I am on Windows 11. My adapter is working perfectly fine and the battery lasts 4 hours on 60%I don't know what's wrong please help....
  5. Battery stopped charging at 60%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery stopped charging at 60%: I've got a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 intel i3 11 gen,8GB ram my battery charges to 60% and after that is shows'plugged in, not charging'. I am on Windows 11. My adapter is working perfectly fine and the battery lasts 4 hours on 60%I don't know what's wrong please help....
  6. Battery stops charge at 80%!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery stops charge at 80%!: I have Acer Spin 3, i opened the 'Acer Care Centre S' application and while browsing it, i turned on Battery Charge Limit which causes the laptop to stop charging at 80%. Well, I HATE IT! I went back to turn it off but that option had disappeared and I have no idea what do!...
  7. Limiting Battery Charge to 80%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Limiting Battery Charge to 80%: In order to maintain battery health for machines that are permanently or semi-permanently connected to a power source in my case, the external monitor provides power I would like to set the maximum charge value to 80% and not higher. Is there a way to limit the charge to a...
  8. User Adjusted maximum charge capacity to preserve battery health longer

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Adjusted maximum charge capacity to preserve battery health longer: Is there a way to manually adjust the maximum charge capacity of a laptop's battery? I'm looking to max out charging at a percentage of my liking and the option to completely turn off the battery and use only wired power to drive my machine when it's plugged in for long....
  9. Maximum % battery charge.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maximum % battery charge.: My battery seems to only charge to 60% - how do I change that to say 90%% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-battery-charge/9c4e8af2-e5ee-42d4-b222-17673749059d
  10. Battery stops charging at 60%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery stops charging at 60%: Hello, I purchased an Inspiron 13 7000 yesterday from Best Buy and noticed the laptop would only charge the battery until 60%. While plugged in, it would read, "plugged in, not charging" even though the battery was only at 60%? The drivers for the batteries are up to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. If the battery on your computer is only charging to 80% this is likely because Battery Life Extender is turned on