Windows 10: Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%.

Discus and support Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to optimize my battery life by making it charge to only 60% on my laptop. My ASUS Zenbook Pro is always plugged in, and I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Castor Cascom, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%.

I would like to optimize my battery life by making it charge to only 60% on my laptop. My ASUS Zenbook Pro is always plugged in, and I would like to have an optimal battery for such use.

1 The integrated app MyAsus does not work well. It keeps changing to normal settings every few days. Is there an integrated option in Windows 10?

2 Would you know, otherwise, alternative apps for this use, or if I can use the battery saver setting all the time which limits background activity or does the latter have negative effects if it remains on all the time?

Thanks,

CC

:)

Castor Cascom, Mar 25, 2020

2. why does my laptop only charge up to 80% and not 100%?

Hello FirozAnsary

If the battery on your computer is only charging to 80% this is likely because Battery Life Extender is turned on. Battery Life Extender sets the maximum battery charge level to 80% in order to extend the life of your battery. To turn this function off and
    charge your laptop battery to 100% follow the steps below.

1. Open Settings from the Start Screen or your desktop. If you do not have Settings installed click here for instructions on installing it.

2. In the Settings window, go to Power Management.

3. Click the Battery Life Extender tab.

4. On the Battery Life Extender window, slide the slider to Off. Battery Life Extender is now turned off.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
  4. lacrumb Win User

Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%.

Samsung Battery Life Extender

That 80% is a place that is used to extend the life of the battery. If you charge to 100% all the time it wares out the battery.

lacrumb, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%.

1. Extend battery life health by setting maximum charge to 60-80%. - Similar Threads - Extend battery life

2. User Adjusted maximum charge capacity to preserve battery health longer

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Adjusted maximum charge capacity to preserve battery health longer: Is there a way to manually adjust the maximum charge capacity of a laptop's battery? I'm looking to max out charging at a percentage of my liking and the option to completely turn off the battery and use only wired power to drive my machine when it's plugged in for long....
  3. Asus battery health charging not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus battery health charging not working: Dear All, I purchased Asus E203MAH in Oct 2019 and installed asus battery health charging utility. It was installed and it worked to show three mode, but problem is even if I set it at 'balanced' mode to charge up to 80% it goes upto 100. Even the same happens for 'Best'...
  4. ASUS BATTERY HEALTH CHARGING NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ASUS BATTERY HEALTH CHARGING NOT WORKING: Hi please i use the ASUS X555LD laptop running on windows 10 64 bit. i downloaded the ASUS BATTERY HEALTH CHARGING APP but the options to change it to balance mode and maximum lifespan mode are all grayed out. please nay help on how to fix this...
  5. Maximum % battery charge.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Maximum % battery charge.: My battery seems to only charge to 60% - how do I change that to say 90%% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-battery-charge/9c4e8af2-e5ee-42d4-b222-17673749059d
  6. Battery Only Charging To 60%

Battery Only Charging To 60%: My Battery Will Only Charge To 60% Because Yesterday I Had A Pop Up About My Battery Settings And I Switched For It To Only Charge To 60% I Would Like To Know How To Make It Charge To 100% Again...
  7. battery won't charge past 60%

battery won't charge past 60%: Why won't my battery charge past 60% while plugged in? The message indicates the power source is plugged in and not charging. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-wont-charge-past-60/7e149bb9-b381-497e-bff0-458f2a243564
  8. battery won't charge past 60%

battery won't charge past 60%: Why won't my battery charge past 60% while plugged in? The message indicates the power source is plugged in and not charging. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/battery-wont-charge-past-60/7e149bb9-b381-497e-bff0-458f2a243564
  9. Battery stuck at 80% plugged in but not charging

Battery stuck at 80% plugged in but not charging: Not sure why I get this message that my PC isn't charging even though it's plugged in. It doesn't matter if I select best battery life or best performance in the slider. It seems to always stop charging at some point lower than 100%....
  10. Battery stops charging at 60%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery stops charging at 60%: Hello, I purchased an Inspiron 13 7000 yesterday from Best Buy and noticed the laptop would only charge the battery until 60%. While plugged in, it would read, "plugged in, not charging" even though the battery was only at 60%? The drivers for the batteries are up to...