Windows 10: Extend C: drive volume

Discus and support Extend C: drive volume in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I need some help trying to extend my C: drive volume. I removed the volume that had my Ubuntu because I don't need it anymore and I want Windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by liaquore, Aug 24, 2019.

1. liaquore Win User

Extend C: drive volume

Hi, I need some help trying to extend my C: drive volume. I removed the volume that had my Ubuntu because I don't need it anymore and I want Windows to have 1TB, not 500GB. This is what Disk Management looks like for me:

Extend C: drive volume 82526f1c-18c2-4a77-888b-e371c7a4f560?upload=true.png When I try to extend the C: volume, the option is greyed out:

Extend C: drive volume 9907dfcc-19f8-4acb-a9f1-ffd275003240?upload=true.png I've tried using AOMEI Partition Assistant to extend the volume but when it made my computer restart into Windows PE mode, it came up with a command prompt that said a file was missing and it didn't do anything other than wait for input. I closed the window and my PC rebooted back to normal, and nothing changed. Does anyone know how I could accomplish this?

:)

liaquore, Aug 24, 2019

2. OS (CExtend C: drive volume :) Drive - Extending the Volume

I've recently purchased a new laptop and came across a problem regarding the storage volume. It seems there's an arbitrary partition where C: drive has 100GB allocated and the remaining 900GB+ is unallocated. When I tried to extend the volume of C: to include
    the 900GB, the option to extend the volume was grayed out and unusable.

Unfortunately, I just don't know enough to figure out why all that space is unallocated and why I can't extend the volume of the C: drive. Searching for the answer yielded a lot of suggestions for third-party software, but I'd like to avoid that solution
    if possible. Are there any other options?

Raseleanne, Aug 24, 2019
  3. How To extend C Drive Volume

Hey Microsoft Community,

I am Unable to Extend C drive Volume

zubairsaif, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Extend C: drive volume

How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Extend C: drive volume

1. Extend C: drive volume - Similar Threads - Extend drive volume

2. Extend Volume C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend Volume C: So I reinstalled Windows and the problem I'm having is the unallocated space I have now see image, used to be recovery space, since the reinstall that was no longer the case. I couldn't figure out how to set it up as a recovery partition again.I now either want to extend my C...
  3. Extend Volume C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend Volume C: So I reinstalled Windows and the problem I'm having is the unallocated space I have now see image, used to be recovery space, since the reinstall that was no longer the case. I couldn't figure out how to set it up as a recovery partition again.I now either want to extend my C...
  4. C drive storage extend volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive storage extend volume: I want to add more space in c drive from unallocated memory but I can't see the option. I also tried to use Mini Tool Partition wizard but no option available to extend the memory. Kindly advise me....
  5. Extend Volume C Drive

Extend Volume C Drive: Hi i was able to shrink my D Drive storage volume. but, when I want to extend my C Drive, it is GREYED out. I can't select it. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-c-drive/58720e3a-eb98-462e-8e6c-a559bb97fdc8
  6. Can't Extend C: Drive Volume

Can't Extend C: Drive Volume: I just replaced my hard drive with a 2TB Seagate and need to expand the storage volume to take advantage of newly available space. The drive is formatted as NTFS and I signed on as Administrator, but the Extend Volume option is grayed out. Q: How can I expand the C: drive...
  7. Extending C drive volume when the extend is greyed out

Extending C drive volume when the extend is greyed out: Extending C drive volume when the extend is greyed out, the spare volume is not next to C so C wont let me extend https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-c-drive-volume-when-the-extend-is-greyed/7df7ffff-9bd8-4103-952a-d817cee0da97
  8. Extend Volume C:

Extend Volume C:: My C: partition is full and Will not extend through Disk Management. Windows 10 operation system is located on C: and will not update because the drive is full. I am able to shrink my 1 terabyte D: drive but cannot expand C:. Is it possible to move the Windows 10 operating...
  9. extending the volume of C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extending the volume of C drive: Inspite following the instruction of extending drives, i still find to have trouble doing the same. i want to extend the volume of c drive which is consuming 106.09 gb and i find difficult to install updates for windows..please help me resolve thi issue. with regards SID...
  10. Extending volume on C drive on laptop

Extending volume on C drive on laptop: I am trying to expand the volume on my C drive. I was able to shrink the volume on my external hard drive with no problems but it won't let expand the C drive. I need to download the Windows update and can't without more storage. I've moved everything I can to my USB stick....