Windows 10: Extend Disk grey out,

Discus and support Extend Disk grey out, in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently switch up to Windows 10 V2004 in 12 October from Windows 7 and my computer were running fine up till now. so recently I've I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaulanaHasan, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Extend Disk grey out,

Hello, I've recently switch up to Windows 10 V2004 in 12 October from Windows 7 and my computer were running fine up till now.

so recently I've I saw that My system disk were kinda a bit of low and I decided to shrink down the other drive and extend the the system disk; but upon extending it the extend disk option were greyed out. I tried search solution for it but none of them work so I come here to find solution of it, here's a screenshot

Extend Disk grey out, 8b840c98-4208-44d9-90d9-b4b12527df2b?upload=true.png

is there a something I should do? a guided step would be very helpful.

thank you in advance

:)

MaulanaHasan, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Extend Volume in disk managment not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the exact steps mentioned below and check if you are able to perform the action.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".

• In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

• Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up
      space.
    Check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 7, 2020
  4. (Dexter) Win User

Extend Disk grey out,

Extend Disk partition

Hi

i want to extend disk my c drive with a free 48 gb space. but i cannot do that. The extend option is greyed out and i cannot also delete the free disk space. pictures of it are bellow. Please help me increase the disk space. Thank you.
    Extend Disk grey out, 54194b01-4332-4500-9aa3-0764dbe38315?upload=true.jpg

(Dexter), Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Extend Disk grey out,

1. Extend Disk grey out, - Similar Threads - Extend Disk grey

2. How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I extend a drive when Extend Volume in Disk Management is greyed out?: Windows 10I had two partitions on my computer C and D, I want to delete D and Extend C to include the space in D.I followed the instructions for using Disk Management and deleted the D Drive, when I went to extend the C drive 'Extend Partition' is greyed out....
  3. Unable to extend volume greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extend volume greyed out: I have a new 4TB external drive that I bought to replace a failing 2TB one. I used DiskGenius to clone the old drive to the new one, which has worked, but left the new drive with a size of 2TB instead of 4TB. I can see the unallocated space in Disk Management, but it won't...
  4. Unable to extend volume greyed out

Unable to extend volume greyed out: I have a new 4TB external drive that I bought to replace a failing 2TB one. I used DiskGenius to clone the old drive to the new one, which has worked, but left the new drive with a size of 2TB instead of 4TB. I can see the unallocated space in Disk Management, but it won't...
  5. Unable to extend volume greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. extend volume button greyed out

extend volume button greyed out: hello,i just reformat my hp laptop that has a Toshiba hdd drive, but the problem is that i found that my hdd drive was sliced into two partitions,now if i go to disk manager then delete the partition that empty, then go to extend the volume of my c drive the extend volume...
  7. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  8. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  9. Extend volume is greyed out

Extend volume is greyed out: Dear sir/mam, I would like to extend volume G, with the 244.14 GB of unallocated space. But the extend volume option is greyed out on the G drive. How can I extend the volume of the G drive with unallocated space? I have searched on the web. Find some results that are...
  10. Extend volume greyed out

Extend volume greyed out: My set up is shown in the attached image [ATTACH] C drive hold the OS M drive data I have recently changed C drive to a bigger disk and restored an image from the old set up. However I could not extend C drive volume to claim 113.63 GB Unallocated volume as “ Extend...