Windows 10: Extend Display Not Working

Discus and support Extend Display Not Working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop's screen is broken. However, the laptop itself runs fine. To compensate for the broken laptop screen, I have it plugged into an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BroJones, Oct 2, 2022.

1. BroJones Win User

Extend Display Not Working

My laptop's screen is broken. However, the laptop itself runs fine. To compensate for the broken laptop screen, I have it plugged into an external monitor via HDMI. I also have a second monitor which is actually a graphics display tablet. I cant seem to extend or project my first monitor's screen to the second one's even with an HDMI splitter. I have the latest version of Windows 10 and the latest graphics and display drivers for my device. How do I fix this?

:)

BroJones, Oct 2, 2022

2. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Oct 2, 2022
  3. no audio on extended display

Is your computer’s Operating System updated?

How about your Audio drivers, can you check if it is updated and can support HDMI audio output?

If your answer to those questions are yes, then you can check these steps to setup audio for your extended display:

• Connect your laptop to the extended display using the HDMI cable.
    • On the lower right side of your task bar, right click on the Audio icon.
    • Select Playback device
    • If you don’t see your extended display (T.V) you can right click on a blank space on the Playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • One your extended display (T.V) is showing, please check if it is enable.
    • Then Select OK.

Do a test and check if the audio is now playing on the extended display, if issue still persists, try to restart your computer without removing the HDMI for both devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Oct 2, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

extended display windows 10

Hi Marg,

It is possible that your extended display was not detected after an update due to having incompatible display drivers. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Extend Display Not Working - Similar Threads - Extend Display Working

2. Extend Display Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend Display Not Working: My laptop's screen is broken. However, the laptop itself runs fine. To compensate for the broken laptop screen, I have it plugged into an external monitor via HDMI. I also have a second monitor which is actually a graphics display tablet. I cant seem to extend or project my...
  3. Extended Display

Extended Display: Recently when I had Windows 10, I was connecting my laptop to a docking station as well as my two monitors. Now since I did the Windows 11 update the monitors show as 'No Signal' and I am unable to get it connected. I have updated drivers, ensured Windows is up to date,...
  4. Extended Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended Display: Recently when I had Windows 10, I was connecting my laptop to a docking station as well as my two monitors. Now since I did the Windows 11 update the monitors show as 'No Signal' and I am unable to get it connected. I have updated drivers, ensured Windows is up to date,...
  5. Extended displays

Extended displays: i have a problem with extended displays. I used to could have my remote account running on two monitors while also haveing my laptop remain in its regular mode with all apps available. What changed...
  6. Pen tablet not working on extended display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen tablet not working on extended display: I am a 3d artist and I have to use pen tablet on a regular basis. I use 2 monitors as extended displays. Recently I upgraded my windows to win 11. Now the problem is my pen tab doesn't work on the secondary display, it's working on on the primary monitor. I have tried...
  7. Pen tablet not working on extended display

Pen tablet not working on extended display: I am a 3d artist and I have to use pen tablet on a regular basis. I use 2 monitors as extended displays. Recently I upgraded my windows to win 11. Now the problem is my pen tab doesn't work on the secondary display, it's working on on the primary monitor. I have tried...
  8. docking station for extended display is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    docking station for extended display is not working.: I went to Display but there's no option for me to choose to extend display. I even did Win+P but monitor won't extend. PLease help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-for-extended-display-is-not/102d1335-019e-4b1c-94c9-e1c4de47f73c
  9. Extended display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended display: I use Win10's extended display to watch movies etc played on pc (shown on tv) but problem is that if I use full screen program which uses lower resolution than on desktop or reboot computer (normal or bsod reboots) or disable and enable extended display then stuff on desktop...
  10. Extend display function doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend display function doesn’t work: I used to extend my Surface Pro 10 screen to the HP monitor. Since last week I have faced an issue with this extension feature. I tried to adjust the settings and went to the display setup but the monitor isn’t shown there. I did everything that I could but no avail....