Windows 10: Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C:

Discus and support Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am not able to unpartition my C: drive and I got advice from the web to remove the allocated drive next to it, but I have a recovery partition next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohannVijo, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C:

I am not able to unpartition my C: drive and I got advice from the web to remove the allocated drive next to it, but I have a recovery partition next to it. Very confused because I cannot access or delete it to extend C:. Most hopeful that I get an answer as soon as possible.

:)

JohannVijo, Nov 2, 2020

2. extending c drive

hi. my c drive is full.i have loads of space on my e drive.the e drive appears below c drive in disk management and therefore the extend volume tab is greyed out.can anybody please help me to extend my c drive .i downloaded minitool partition wizard but
    when I click on extend c drive,it only gives me the option to take a few hundred mb from recoverythanks

stevechase1, Nov 2, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Extending C: Drive

Hi EugeneM_

From your screenshot, if that is the whole drive, which I assume is a 128GB SSD, there is no room to extend your C drive

The partition on the left, is the boot partition, then your C Drive, then the Windows Recovery Partition, your C drive is currently at the maximum size . . .

DaveM121, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Rj_MS Win User

Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C:

Windows 7 Drive C extend partition

Hi,

I have a problem extending my drive c partition, here's the scenario:

Basically, I have 2 partition, the drive C and drive D. Since I am no longer using the drive D i want to delete the partition and add it to drive C.

Heres what I've done,

I navigate to disk partition manager and delete the Drive D partition after that i right click the Drive C partition to extend its storage but the extend button is disabled.

Next, I use my bootable windows 7 installer and choose the advance method installation, there, i was able to extend the partition, but, i want to know if extending the Drive partition will remove my drive c data ? I dont want that to happen. . I want just
    to extend its storage thats it. So that i can be only using Drive C.

Thanks. .

Rj_MS, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C:

1. Extend drive C: but extend option is greyed out, recovery partition next to drive C: - Similar Threads - Extend drive extend

2. To extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To extend C Drive: I have installed WIN10 on laptop few days ago. And make NVME SSD partitions of 30 gb and 140 gb. Now want to extend C partion but while checking it in disk management I found 140 gb free partion before C drive. How can I extend C drive without reformation the disk?Please...
  3. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  4. Extending the C Drive Partition

Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  5. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Extending C drive volume when the extend is greyed out

Extending C drive volume when the extend is greyed out: Extending C drive volume when the extend is greyed out, the spare volume is not next to C so C wont let me extend https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-c-drive-volume-when-the-extend-is-greyed/7df7ffff-9bd8-4103-952a-d817cee0da97
  7. C drive Partition extend option greyed out for ssd in windows 10

C drive Partition extend option greyed out for ssd in windows 10: Hi so my C drive was allocated only 70 GB when I got the laptop which got full almost immediately, I want to extend the same but am unable to as the option is greyed out. would really appreciate any help. Thanks...
  8. Extending C: Drive

Extending C: Drive: So I was trying to extend my C: drive then this happened...[ATTACH] is there any way I can move them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-c-drive/c69cad14-828d-4c3d-9ad0-0b39f94716dd
  9. Can't extend C Drive because the partition next to C is Healthy Recovery Partition. What...

Can't extend C Drive because the partition next to C is Healthy Recovery Partition. What...: Hi, I would like to extend my C drive as it is often full but I cant seem to do it because the partition next to C is the healthy recovery partition. What should I do? Can I delete the healthy recovery partition? Will that be okay? Or is there a way to move the healthy...
  10. extending c drive

extending c drive: not able to extend c drive due to windows re tools on the left of c drive partition. Is there a way to move windows re tools partition to some other location??????? plz help...