Windows 10: Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working---third time posting, please...

Discus and support Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working---third time posting, please... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, I am having to post this again for the third time as my current communications are apparently being ignored. With this new updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanielGontar, May 18, 2020.

1. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working---third time posting, please...

Hello Microsoft,

I am having to post this again for the third time as my current communications are apparently being ignored. With this new updated version of Windows 10 on my computer, the extend, duplicate, and second screen monitor buttons do not remain activated after selecting them and revert back to PC screen only when the window closes, making it impossible to use an external monitor. I am using for an external monitor a Huion Kamvas GT-221 Pro with an HDMI connection, and it says "No Signal" when I hook it up to my computer and attempt to activate extend or duplicate. My computer is a Lenovo Yoga C740. After thoroughly examining the issue and doing a variety of tests I as well as those at Huion tech support have concluded it is a software issue, and caused by the recent Windows 10 updates. Could the problem be remedied simply by installing a different version of windows, one which you know does not have this same issue? Which versions of Windows 10 are successful in using the external monitor and where can I find them?

Here is some information if you need it.

windows 10 version: 1909
    Build: 18363.836

The current KB number is KB4556799. I am not able to find the KB number prior to when this issue started as I don't know when exactly it did start. I would also need to know about updates in the OS as well.

-Yes, I have tried using different cables and the same issue persists. The cables have been shown to work with other devices, for example my television.

-I have already reinstalled the display adapter
    -I did the Firmware, Chipset and BIOS installations

Please be conscientious about resolving this matter as best you can and not forcing me to repost.

Thank you,

Daniel Gontar

:)

DanielGontar, May 18, 2020

2. Problems while extending and duplicating on my second monitor

Hi there!

So I wanted to get a dual monitor for my laptop so I found a monitor at home. Its an NEC LCD monitor which takes a VGA cable for input. So I got a HDMI to VGA adapter, plugged it into my Laptop (Asus X510UAR) and it worked flawlessly. All the projection modes such as PC only, Duplicate, Extend and Second Screen.

But when i wend to adjust the resolution for the second monitor in the display setting, idk what i pressed accidentally, but now my second monitor shows a black screen during Duplicate mode and while extending to the dual monitors, the mouse cursor does shift to another screen, but the dual screen is still black(even though apps are working on it. And when i switch to only the second screen, the second screen works completely fine(Indicating that the hardware is absolutely fine)

I've tried with many forum suggestions such as changing the resolution of both the screens as well as changing the primary monitors and the configuration of both the screens and orientation as well but no luck. I've even tried changing the Microsoft administrator account to a new account to reset to the default setting but no luck there as well. And other ways to reset to the default setting weren't possible on my laptop.

Please do suggest what could be the possible ways to solve the issue which wasn't there when i initially started.

Thanks!

Windows Version 1903(OS Build 18362.592)

vanshaeeee, May 18, 2020
  3. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, May 18, 2020
  4. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working---third time posting, please...

Windows 10 have a second monitor with time in the toolbar

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing time in taskbar on the second monitor.

I would like to inform that dual monitor options works as below:

• Duplicate. You’ll see the same things on both screens.

• Extend. You'll see everything spread over both screens, and you can drag and move items between the two.

• Second screen only. You’ll see everything on the connected screen. Your other screen will be blank.
    • PC screen only. You’ll see everything on your PC. (When you're connected to a wireless projector, this option changes to
      Disconnect.)

I would like to inform that if you are using dual monitor by choosing extend option you will not be able to find the time on second monitor. Its by default will only be accessible on default monitor.

You may use Duplicate screen to access time in taskbar on second monitor.

To know more about accessing second monitor refer to the article by Andre Da Costa.

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working---third time posting, please...

1. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working---third time posting, please... - Similar Threads - Extend Duplicate Second

2. Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.: Hi wondered if anyone could help, I have a Lenovo thinkpad laptop for work and a Samsung widescreen monitor, working perfectly until now, it connects through a hdmi lead and my wide screen can duplicate what is on my laptop screen but it won’t extend. Wondered if anyone had...
  3. Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.: Hi wondered if anyone could help, I have a Lenovo thinkpad laptop for work and a Samsung widescreen monitor, working perfectly until now, it connects through a hdmi lead and my wide screen can duplicate what is on my laptop screen but it won’t extend. Wondered if anyone had...
  4. Duplicate and extend screen at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate and extend screen at same time: Hi, i have 4 screens connected with my laptop. I am trying to duplicate the laptop screen on 3 screens and extend on 1. Under display settings it only gives the option to duplicate desktop on 2 screens. How can duplicate the desktop on 3 screens and at same time extend to one...
  5. Duplicate and extend screen at same time

Duplicate and extend screen at same time: Hi, i have 4 screens connected with my laptop. I am trying to duplicate the laptop screen on 3 screens and extend on 1. Under display settings it only gives the option to duplicate desktop on 2 screens. How can duplicate the desktop on 3 screens and at same time extend to one...
  6. Second monitor flickers when extended or duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor flickers when extended or duplicated: Windows 10 Pro build 19045.2251GPU: RTX 2080 - latest nvidia driversMonitor 1: 1440p 165hz via DPMonitor 2: 1080p 60hz via HDMI these are set correctly in display settingsI have a strange issue where my second monitor will flick on and off when extended or...
  7. Second monitor flickers when extended or duplicated

Second monitor flickers when extended or duplicated: Windows 10 Pro build 19045.2251GPU: RTX 2080 - latest nvidia driversMonitor 1: 1440p 165hz via DPMonitor 2: 1080p 60hz via HDMI these are set correctly in display settingsI have a strange issue where my second monitor will flick on and off when extended or...
  8. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working: Hello Microsoft, With this new updated version of Windows 10 on my computer, the extend, duplicate, and second screen monitor buttons do not remain activated after selecting them and revert back to PC screen only when the window closes, making it impossible to use an...
  9. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working: Hello Microsoft, With this new updated version of Windows 10 on my computer, the extend, duplicate, and second screen monitor buttons do not remain activated after selecting them. I am using an external monitor Huion Kamvas GT-221 Pro with an HDMI connection. My computer is...
  10. Extend Display to second and third monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend Display to second and third monitors: Hi, I have always been able to extend my display but now it seems I cannot. Have tried all the usual, swapping a new screen, trying to connect with new cable, using a different location none of which works. Other people can plug into my screens and extend their displays but...