Windows 10: Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive

Discus and support Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a laptop with 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD. The OS is install on 128GB SSD and i had extend partition to it maximum. So can i extend my C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by low wen siu, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive

I just bought a laptop with 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD. The OS is install on 128GB SSD and i had extend partition to it maximum. So can i extend my C partition to 1 TB HDD? (something like RAID 0, but my laptop lenovo ideapad 320s had no RAID in BIOS).

So any solution can extend my partition to another hard drive in windows 10?

:)

low wen siu, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Rj_MS Win User

Windows 7 Drive C extend partition

Hi,

I have a problem extending my drive c partition, here's the scenario:

Basically, I have 2 partition, the drive C and drive D. Since I am no longer using the drive D i want to delete the partition and add it to drive C.

Heres what I've done,

I navigate to disk partition manager and delete the Drive D partition after that i right click the Drive C partition to extend its storage but the extend button is disabled.

Next, I use my bootable windows 7 installer and choose the advance method installation, there, i was able to extend the partition, but, i want to know if extending the Drive partition will remove my drive c data ? I dont want that to happen. . I want just
    to extend its storage thats it. So that i can be only using Drive C.

Thanks. .

Rj_MS, Jan 9, 2019
  3. hard partition

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to extend the Volume of Drives and create partitions from C: drive.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + R keys, type diskmgmt.msc hit
      enter.
    • Disk management will open. Right click on the C: drive
      below in the segments of the partitions.
    • Select Shrink Volume. Select the Amount of space
      you want to extend in MBs (1GB = 1024MB).
    • Follow the instruction and check if it creates a Unallocated Drive.
    Later after the Unallocated drive is created follow the below steps to crate a partition.

• Right click on the Unallocated drive and select
      New Simple Volume.
    • Select the Drive letter and follow the instructions and check if it
      creates a partition.
    • Follow the same to Create partition.
    Note: C: drive must be not less than 100GB if you are using a 1TB hard drive. partitions must not be more than 3 drives to have a better functioning of the system.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 9, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive

Is it a good idea to extend C drive partition (SSD) with space from mechanical drive partition?

You can't extend a partition across two physical drives.

JimWynne, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive

1. Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive - Similar Threads - Extend partition Drive

2. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive: My OS is Windows 10. I have a 2 TB hard drive, formatted as NTFS, that is partitioned as follows: - System Reserved @ 100 MB 59% free - Local C: @ 886 GB bootable 59% free - Recovery Partition @ 518 MB 100% free - Local F: @ 977 GB 56% free The end goal is to migrate the...
  3. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive: My OS is Windows 10. I have a 2 TB hard drive, formatted as NTFS, that is partitioned as follows: - System Reserved @ 100 MB 59% free - Local C: @ 886 GB bootable 59% free - Recovery Partition @ 518 MB 100% free - Local F: @ 977 GB 56% free The end goal is to migrate the...
  4. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extending the C Drive Partition

Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  6. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending the C Drive Partition: I have 368.10GB free on the installed M.2 drive however I am unable to extend the "Boot Drive C:" partition within it. I have tried multiple things but I would like to avoid reinstalling windows if possible. The "Extend Partition" option is always greyed out. Please advise....
  7. Extending the C Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  9. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  10. Extending partition on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending partition on hard drive.: I have a Windows 10 box, someone has set up badly. The 640 gig drive, is partitioned into a 15 gig C drive, and a 625 gB D drive. The OS is spread across C and D. Of course C is out of space, I'm trying to install Office 2010. Even though I set office to install on D, its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extend c: with another drive

2. extend c-drive with another drive

3. extending c: with another drive

4. extend hardisk partition to other fisikel hardrive,
  5. extend drive c with other hard drive,
  6. extend c drive to another physical drive