Windows 10: Extend partition in vmware workstation

Discus and support Extend partition in vmware workstation in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have a C: drive (vmdk file) of around 100 GB. I used the vmware tools to add another 100 GB. It then says that I must then start the VM (Windows 10)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by margrave55, May 18, 2019.

1. Extend partition in vmware workstation

I have a C: drive (vmdk file) of around 100 GB.
    I used the vmware tools to add another 100 GB.
    It then says that I must then start the VM (Windows 10) and use OS tools to expand the existing 100 GB C: drive.
    So I started the VM and ran the disk management tool.
    You can see the 99.45 GB C: drive, and the 100 GB unallocated space.

Extend partition in vmware workstation [​IMG]

I don't know how to merge that 100 GB of unallocated space into the C: drive.
    So I right-clicked on the C: drive and chose "extend volume" and I get this:

Extend partition in vmware workstation [​IMG]

There's no space available to extend the C: drive.

:)

margrave55, May 18, 2019
  2. dhjohns Win User

VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

VMWare Workstation 12 is out now, which fully supports Windows 10. I suggest upgrading to 12.

dhjohns, May 18, 2019
  3. wifi is not connecting after installing vmware workstation?

wifi is not connecting after installing vmware workstation?

Hareesh jainan Manda, May 18, 2019
  4. Ghostlex Win User

Extend partition in vmware workstation

VMware Workstation 15 hangs and vmware-vmx is unkillable.

I have installed VMware Workstation 15.0.2 on a Windows 10 Enterprise 18348.19h1 host and am encountering a weird issue. When I start a VM, it doesn't boot but gets stuck on a black window. If I try to force reset it or anything like that, the
    UI for power controls is disabled and if I try to manually kill vmware-vmx.exe, it just won't die. I've tried with Process Hacker and with Task Manager, to no avail. The only way to kill vmware-vmx.exe is to restart my host. The host is a Dell Inspiron 3650
    with an Intel Core i3 6100, 8GBs of DDR3 RAM, a WD Blue 1TB HD and Intel HD Graphics 530. I have also downgraded to VMware Workstation 15.0.1 which also didn't fix the issue. The guest is Ubuntu 18.04, however no matter what OS i'm running in the guest, this
    happens regardless.

Ghostlex, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Extend partition in vmware workstation

1. Extend partition in vmware workstation - Similar Threads - Extend partition vmware

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. VMware Workstation and Memory integrity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware Workstation and Memory integrity: Since I discovered Memory integrity feature in Windows Security I have left it always enabled. But sometimes I should turn it off by rebooting my PC in order to work with virtual machines. I tried to enable hypervisor and VM-related components in Control Panel as it described...
  5. VMware Workstation and Memory integrity

in Windows 10 Customization
    VMware Workstation and Memory integrity: Since I discovered Memory integrity feature in Windows Security I have left it always enabled. But sometimes I should turn it off by rebooting my PC in order to work with virtual machines. I tried to enable hypervisor and VM-related components in Control Panel as it described...
  6. VMware workstation 12 player

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  7. Configure VMware Workstation

Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  8. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  9. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...
  10. VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

VMWare workstation 11 no internet.: Hi, I've done a clean install of windows 10 Pro but am now unable to get internet on a guest VM on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 . I just get a yellow ? Ethernet controller in device manager. I tried my legal copies of Windows Me and Windows 3.11 and can get...