Windows 10: Extend screen is working but not the duplicate screen.

Discus and support Extend screen is working but not the duplicate screen. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I replace my faulty LCD screen of my laptop with a compatible LCD screen. After replacement, the duplicate screen function is not working Out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dalakeson Chan, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Extend screen is working but not the duplicate screen.

Recently I replace my faulty LCD screen of my laptop with a compatible LCD screen. After replacement, the duplicate screen function is not working Out of Range warning but extend screen is working fine. I check the event log and find this Kernel-PnP Warning ID442

System

- Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    [ Guid] {9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}
    EventID 442
    Version 0
    Level 3
    Task 0
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x4000000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2020-03-20T03:15:03.956048200Z
    EventRecordID 639
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 32
    Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration
    Computer xxxx
    - Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    - EventData
    DeviceInstanceId DISPLAY\AUO272D\4&32ede7de&0&UID265988
    LastDeviceInstanceId DISPLAY\DELA0C2\4&32ede7de&0&UID198147
    ClassGuid {4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    LocationPath
    MigrationRank 0xf000ffff0000f100
    Present false
    Status 0xc0000719

How to fix the duplicate screen not working?

:)

Dalakeson Chan, Mar 24, 2020
  2. MICKKING Win User

Extended screen with wndows 10

I have a new HP laptop and an LG external monitor and want to extend the screen.
    As a starting point, I tried to extend the screen just using the laptop and the monitor.
    I pressed the windows icon and "P".
    Four options appear. "PC screen only", "duplicate" and "second screen only" all work.
    However, "extend" option appears not to work.
    The monitor has the expected image (if a website is opened) and an operational mouse pointer. However, the laptop screen shows none of the webpage and shows only the wallpaper image present when the device is turned on. The mouse pointer can be moved between screens.
    The web page is certainly not extended across two screens.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks Michael.

MICKKING, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Extend screen isn't working

I have an OMEN by HP - 15-ce017na laptop and I have a Hanns.G monitor attached. All worked fine the monitor was the second screen and I was getting on with my work when yesterday my laptop did a windows update. Now I have a problem.

• If I show screen 1 (my laptop screen) only, it's fine
    • If I show screen 2 only, it is fine
    • If I duplicate the screen, both screens work but my laptop screens resolution changes
    • If I extend screen, screen 2 says input signal out of range while my laptop screen just shows my background (everything I try and open goes to screen 2 which is out of range)

All drivers are fully up to date. Since I can't get to the display settings when in extend mode, I can't change the display setting of both screens separately (when showing screen 1 only, I can only change resolution screens for that screen and vice versa,
    when in duplicate mode, it shows both as a single screen and uses screen 2's display settings)

Any help on this would be very much appreciated as I have a lot of work to do and can't manage with a single screen.

Many Thanks

DonnaCheltenham, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Kelemvor Win User

Extend screen is working but not the duplicate screen.

Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen

Howdy,

I have a Dell E6430 Laptop with an Intel HD4000 and an Nvidia NVS 5200M card in it. I can use this laptop in a docking station and run on 2 monitors + the laptop screen for a total of 3 displays.

What I want to do is have the main desktop on the laptop screen and then extend the desktop to the other two screens so they are identical. Basically duplicating the extended desktop. I need to show a presentation on two screens at once that are facing opposite directions.

I've gone into Display Properties and tried all the various extend/duplicate type options I could find but wasn't able to accomplish my goal. Does anyone know if this is possible or if Windows doesn't support this? I was able to get the laptop to duplicate to one screen ans extend to the other but couldn't find a way to extend and then duplicate that.

Hopefully that makes sense.

UPDATE: Forgot to add that I already have a VGA splitter that I can use that accomplishes the same thing but one of my displays is 100' away and when I connect that cable it makes the other display (a projector) get all wonky and show wavy lines moving through the image which isn't acceptable. SO just trying to do it right from within Windows and the Dock.

Thanks!

Kelemvor, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Extend screen is working but not the duplicate screen.

1. Extend screen is working but not the duplicate screen. - Similar Threads - Extend screen working

2. Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.: Hi wondered if anyone could help, I have a Lenovo thinkpad laptop for work and a Samsung widescreen monitor, working perfectly until now, it connects through a hdmi lead and my wide screen can duplicate what is on my laptop screen but it won’t extend. Wondered if anyone had...
  3. Duplicate and extend screen at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate and extend screen at same time: Hi, i have 4 screens connected with my laptop. I am trying to duplicate the laptop screen on 3 screens and extend on 1. Under display settings it only gives the option to duplicate desktop on 2 screens. How can duplicate the desktop on 3 screens and at same time extend to one...
  4. Duplicate and extend screen on multiple

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate and extend screen on multiple: Hi, i have 4 screens connected to my laptop. I want to duplicate screen on 3 of them, and extend screen ton1 of them. How can i do all of them at one time? In the display settings it gives me option to duplicate desktop only on 2 of them. Thanks...
  5. Duplicate and extend screen on multiple

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate and extend screen on multiple: Hi, i have 4 screens connected to my laptop. I want to duplicate screen on 3 of them, and extend screen ton1 of them. How can i do all of them at one time? In the display settings it gives me option to duplicate desktop only on 2 of them. Thanks...
  6. Duplicate and extend screen on multiple

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. External Screen works only with extend, but not with duplicate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Screen works only with extend, but not with duplicate.: Hi thereWhen I connect my device 'Win 11' to the Samsung Monitor, it works only with extend, but not with the duplicate.could you help, please?Best regardsMohammed Ghaleb...
  8. External Screen works only with extend, but not with duplicate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Screen works only with extend, but not with duplicate.: Hi thereWhen I connect my device 'Win 11' to the Samsung Monitor, it works only with extend, but not with the duplicate.could you help, please?Best regardsMohammed Ghaleb...
  9. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working: Hello Microsoft, With this new updated version of Windows 10 on my computer, the extend, duplicate, and second screen monitor buttons do not remain activated after selecting them and revert back to PC screen only when the window closes, making it impossible to use an...
  10. Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend, Duplicate, Second screen monitor functions not working: Hello Microsoft, With this new updated version of Windows 10 on my computer, the extend, duplicate, and second screen monitor buttons do not remain activated after selecting them. I am using an external monitor Huion Kamvas GT-221 Pro with an HDMI connection. My computer is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. main screen cut off when duplicate screens in windows 10

2. windows 10 extend display works but not duplicate