Windows 10: extend the volume of c disk

Discus and support extend the volume of c disk in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Original title: sark_boy04Hi guys! I need your help. I'm gonna extend the volume of c disk. But extend button is unabled.I have read reasons for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shark_boy04, Oct 15, 2022.

1. extend the volume of c disk

Original title: sark_boy04Hi guys! I need your help. I'm gonna extend the volume of c disk. But extend button is unabled.I have read reasons for this trouble like there is no unallocated space . But i have. Please answer if you know solution

:)

shark_boy04, Oct 15, 2022

2. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Oct 15, 2022
  3. Anwille Win User
    extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Oct 15, 2022
  4. -xKevin- Win User

extend the volume of c disk

How to extend C partition

I don't understand stemp 2. What's the volume number for C:? What do I put for [size=<size>]?

-xKevin-, Oct 15, 2022
Thema:

extend the volume of c disk

1. extend the volume of c disk - Similar Threads - extend volume disk

2. Can not extend C volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not extend C volume: After having cloned my original SSD 250GB to my new one 1TB i can not extend the C volume. the extend volume button is greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-extend-c-volume/34a94ca2-2de2-4b91-aa9f-03abbbbe44d4
  3. How to increase c drive, to extend disk volume?

How to increase c drive, to extend disk volume?: How to move unallocated space close to C drive. to extend disk volume?Can I free up HealthRecovery partition to add it to C drive disk volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-c-drive-to-extend-disk-volume/ed78f10f-093f-440e-a283-13351bb34e0c
  4. How to increase c drive, to extend disk volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to increase c drive, to extend disk volume?: How to move unallocated space close to C drive. to extend disk volume?Can I free up HealthRecovery partition to add it to C drive disk volume? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-c-drive-to-extend-disk-volume/ed78f10f-093f-440e-a283-13351bb34e0c
  5. How to increase c drive, to extend disk volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. extend the volume of c disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extend the volume of c disk: Original title: sark_boy04Hi guys! I need your help. I'm gonna extend the volume of c disk. But extend button is unabled.I have read reasons for this trouble like there is no unallocated space . But i have. Please answer if you know solution...
  7. Extend Volume C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend Volume C: So I reinstalled Windows and the problem I'm having is the unallocated space I have now see image, used to be recovery space, since the reinstall that was no longer the case. I couldn't figure out how to set it up as a recovery partition again.I now either want to extend my C...
  8. Extend Volume C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend Volume C: So I reinstalled Windows and the problem I'm having is the unallocated space I have now see image, used to be recovery space, since the reinstall that was no longer the case. I couldn't figure out how to set it up as a recovery partition again.I now either want to extend my C...
  9. Extend Volume C Drive

Extend Volume C Drive: Hi i was able to shrink my D Drive storage volume. but, when I want to extend my C Drive, it is GREYED out. I can't select it. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-c-drive/58720e3a-eb98-462e-8e6c-a559bb97fdc8
  10. Extend Volume C:

Extend Volume C:: My C: partition is full and Will not extend through Disk Management. Windows 10 operation system is located on C: and will not update because the drive is full. I am able to shrink my 1 terabyte D: drive but cannot expand C:. Is it possible to move the Windows 10 operating...