Windows 10: Extend volume is greyed out

Discus and support Extend volume is greyed out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear sir/mam, I would like to extend volume G, with the 244.14 GB of unallocated space. But the extend volume option is greyed out on the G drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WinProb, Jan 3, 2021.

1. WinProb Win User

Extend volume is greyed out

Dear sir/mam,

I would like to extend volume G, with the 244.14 GB of unallocated space. But the extend volume option is greyed out on the G drive. How can I extend the volume of the G drive with unallocated space? I have searched on the web. Find some results that are sketchy or maybe some I don't understand yet.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Extend volume is greyed out ad103b05-e7d7-48ca-be55-4d355e15f6ea?upload=true.png

:)

WinProb, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Moose Win User

Extending volume problems

I cannot extend my volumes in Disk Management or diskpart.exe, the option is greyed out. Is it because the partition is at the end of the disk? If so how to fix?
    The attachment has a screeny.

Moose, Jan 3, 2021
  3. James1093 Win User
    Can't extend volume

Hi. I have a 500 GB drive with 2 partitions "D" and "E". OS is win10.
    Have been trying to use the Extend Volume Wizard combine them to one drive letter.
    But it won't work! I right click on "Extend Volume" and Next but there's nothing listed under Available or Selected and Next is greyed out. Its the same whether I start this on D or E.
    Is this what's meant to happen (nothing???) or have I missed something?

James1093, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Extend volume is greyed out

Extend volume greyed out

My set up is shown in the attached image

Extend volume is greyed out 57b1d2d8-0f98-4ae0-a015-1c6d07a987c6?upload=true.jpg

C drive hold the OS

M drive data

I have recently changed C drive to a bigger disk and restored an image from the old set up.

However I could not extend C drive volume to claim 113.63 GB Unallocated volume as “ Extend volume” is greyed out

Extend volume is greyed out 72fc70dd-e3ae-49d4-bd26-bba09aafacd9?upload=true.jpg
    Please
    help

thanks

John

JohnTelespher, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Extend volume is greyed out

1. Extend volume is greyed out - Similar Threads - Extend volume greyed

2. Unable to extend volume greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extend volume greyed out: I have a new 4TB external drive that I bought to replace a failing 2TB one. I used DiskGenius to clone the old drive to the new one, which has worked, but left the new drive with a size of 2TB instead of 4TB. I can see the unallocated space in Disk Management, but it won't...
  3. Unable to extend volume greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend volume greyed out: I have a new 4TB external drive that I bought to replace a failing 2TB one. I used DiskGenius to clone the old drive to the new one, which has worked, but left the new drive with a size of 2TB instead of 4TB. I can see the unallocated space in Disk Management, but it won't...
  4. Unable to extend volume greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Extend Volume greyed out, problem not seen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend Volume greyed out, problem not seen: My C: drive is full, I've deleted a load of random things to try and empty it out, Storage Sense won't work either, and I can't even use any unallocated space to fix it.Unless someone's had a similar problem, I don't know what to do and this is probably gonna persist until I...
  6. Extend Volume greyed out, problem not seen

Extend Volume greyed out, problem not seen: My C: drive is full, I've deleted a load of random things to try and empty it out, Storage Sense won't work either, and I can't even use any unallocated space to fix it.Unless someone's had a similar problem, I don't know what to do and this is probably gonna persist until I...
  7. Extend Volume greyed out, problem not seen

8. extend volume button greyed out

extend volume button greyed out: hello,i just reformat my hp laptop that has a Toshiba hdd drive, but the problem is that i found that my hdd drive was sliced into two partitions,now if i go to disk manager then delete the partition that empty, then go to extend the volume of my c drive the extend volume...
  9. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  10. Extend volume greyed out

Extend volume greyed out: My set up is shown in the attached image [ATTACH] C drive hold the OS M drive data I have recently changed C drive to a bigger disk and restored an image from the old set up. However I could not extend C drive volume to claim 113.63 GB Unallocated volume as “ Extend...