Windows 10: Extended Desktop mouse bug on multiple monitors

Discus and support Extended Desktop mouse bug on multiple monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, When using multiple monitors with Windows 10, there is a bug on extended desktop: the mouse pointer does not pass from one monitor to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MP_69S, Sep 27, 2019.

1. MP_69S Win User

Extended Desktop mouse bug on multiple monitors

Hello,

When using multiple monitors with Windows 10, there is a bug on extended desktop: the mouse pointer does not pass from one monitor to another if it is on the top or bottom of the screen. If it is a few pixels down from the top, there is no problem.

The bug is disturbing when one window is maximised on the left monitor and sometimes , after trying to acces the right monitor (as the mouse did not pass on the right side monitor) if you click, the left monitor window will be closed (the X button is in top right corner, like the stucked mouse pointer ...)

The problem is present on several HW configurations (DELL, HP, ...) with Win10 version 1803 17134.984.

Thanks for your help!

:)

MP_69S, Sep 27, 2019
  2. JunaidRao Win User

Multiple Desktops on Multiple Monitors

Hi everyone,

I have multiple (virtual) desktops and I am extending my screen to an external monitor. However, when I change my desktop to a different one, it also changes the desktop on my second monitor. How can I keep my second (extended) monitor to a fixed desktop
    and change desktops on my primary monitor?

Thanks,

Junaid

JunaidRao, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Extended Desktop mouse bug on multiple monitors

extending monitors

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

solote allow two monitors but here I leave this possible solution

Step 1

Connect a monitor to the normal video card, using the necessary cable (DVI, VGA or HDMI). This will be the main screen, so place it directly in front of your computer's cabinet.

Step 2

Connect the second monitor to the alternative port of the video card, and then restart the computer. The PC will automatically detect the second monitor.

Step 3

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the second monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop on this screen" checkbox.

Step 4

Connect the third monitor to your original video card (if it has three outputs) or to another video card, and then restart the computer one more time.

Step 5

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the third monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop to this screen" checkbox

regards...

MiguelChiappori, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Extended Desktop mouse bug on multiple monitors

1. Extended Desktop mouse bug on multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Extended Desktop mouse

2. How to fix multiple monitor bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix multiple monitor bug?: Simply put, 3 monitors, all Samsung products. About 2 updates ago, my monitors have been having some weird occurrences where they main one will flicker off and switch to a different monitor with no reason and sometimes it will revert back on its own while other times, I need...
  3. How to fix multiple monitor bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix multiple monitor bug?: Simply put, 3 monitors, all Samsung products. About 2 updates ago, my monitors have been having some weird occurrences where they main one will flicker off and switch to a different monitor with no reason and sometimes it will revert back on its own while other times, I need...
  4. Monitor as Extended Desktop?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor as Extended Desktop?: Greetings all, I found a computer that I didn't know I had........hummnn.......It has an ASUS motherboard, win 7, 32bit, as an OS............There is on-board video (PCI type port) which works fine utilizing the typical port (PCI?) from the motherboard. 1).....I want to...
  5. Desktop PIP for multiple monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop PIP for multiple monitors?: Greetings I have recently purchased myself a lovely panasonic 55" TV, and through the magic of drilling holes in my walls, I have connected it via a very long HDMI cable to my desktop PC. The idea is that I want to be able to get a bit of couch-based console gaming but via...
  6. Mouse freezing on extended monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse freezing on extended monitor: Hi, I recently set up a new Lenovo Idea Pad using Windows 10. I use a second monitor and when I mouse to the second screen, the mouse freezes and will not move until I left click. This happen constantly making the second screen all but useless I have uninstalled and...
  7. Extending Mouse Cursor Into Monitor Black Bars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending Mouse Cursor Into Monitor Black Bars: Hi, I purposely made my screen resolution 2560 x 1080 so when I play a game, I can see more than if I played with 2560 x 1440. I saw it on another person's monitor, and they were able to put their mouse cursor into the black bars generated at the top and bottom of their...
  8. Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop and Multiple Monitors: I have a laptop that is connected to two external monitors and everything works great until we log into a remote desktop. Once logged in we can't make the screen full size or move windows from one monitor to the other. I've double-checked the RDP setting to show full screen...
  9. multiple monitor desktop alignment

multiple monitor desktop alignment: Hello all, To start off I'm hoping you're all having a lovely day and doing fine. I have a new widescreen 3440*1440 Monitor that I would like to align with my older Ilama 1920*1080 monitor. The problem Is not a serious one but more of an aesthetics issue. My new BenQ...
  10. virtual desktop as multiple monitor

virtual desktop as multiple monitor: Hi, my workspace use 6 display monitor from 1 PC - 1 monitor for main PC display - 5 monitor for business-related display (opening browser on different pages) - 1 PC (i5 7th gen, windows 10 pro) Those 5 displays are extended via HDMI splitter. My problem is moving...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trouble pointer moving in dual monitors

2. windows 10 cursor do not pass through displays trouble