Windows 10: Extended desktop problem

Discus and support Extended desktop problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a dell extended monitor connected to my dell xps laptop. Now whenever I lock my screen when I am away and come back, after unlock all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SimratSingh, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Extended desktop problem

I have a dell extended monitor connected to my dell xps laptop. Now whenever I lock my screen when I am away and come back, after unlock all the screens on extended desktop are back to the inbuilt laptop screen, which is my main screen as well, so after every time I unlock, I have to drag all the windows to my extended monitor again.

:)

SimratSingh, Mar 26, 2019

2. How to extend desktop across two screens on homegroup

Hi Rob,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click the desktop, and select
      Properties or Personalize.

• Next select Display Settings from the list of
      preferences.

• You should see icons with numbers representing your attached monitors. If one is disabled, it will be grayed out.

• Select the second monitor and choose to either
      extend your desktop or mirror your desktop.

• Your options may be dependent on the graphics card that you have
      installed.

• You may need to make these changes from within your
      control panel. If you have these installed, they can be found in your
      Start menu
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Extended desktop

Hi John,

To better understand your concern about multiple displays in Windows 10, we'd like to know the following:

• The type of connection that you're using to extend your PC's monitor.
    • The process that you've performed to extend your PC's display.
    • The last activities performed on your PC prior to your concern.

Also, we'd like to request for a screenshot of the Display settings of your PC's second screen. To check the Display settings, you can perform the following:

• Right-click anywhere on your Desktop.
    • Click on Display settings.
    • Under Customize your display, select the second screen.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Mar 26, 2019
  4. mrbudgie Win User

Extended desktop problem

crossfire and extended desktop

is there any way to keep my cards in crossfire mode and use extended desktop, i get it clone mode but the extended desktop wont work unless crossfire is disabled. any work arounds or software or anything

thanks ian

mrbudgie, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Extended desktop problem

1. Extended desktop problem - Similar Threads - Extended desktop problem

2. Extended and mirror display problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extended and mirror display problem: While the cursor works but clicking on anything doesn't work on extended display and if set on mirror display the colour calibration resets on the main monitor im using asus vivobook with xp pen display tablet...
  3. Possible to duplicate extended desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to duplicate extended desktop?: Hi, i have a laptop connected to 2 monitors, total 3 displays. Laptop is display 1, followed by monitor 1 is display 2, monitor is display 3.Is it possible to extend my laptop to display 2 and also to have duplicate of this extended desktop shown on display 3?i.e. display 1...
  4. Possible to duplicate extended desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible to duplicate extended desktop?: Hi, i have a laptop connected to 2 monitors, total 3 displays. Laptop is display 1, followed by monitor 1 is display 2, monitor is display 3.Is it possible to extend my laptop to display 2 and also to have duplicate of this extended desktop shown on display 3?i.e. display 1...
  5. Monitor as Extended Desktop?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor as Extended Desktop?: Greetings all, I found a computer that I didn't know I had........hummnn.......It has an ASUS motherboard, win 7, 32bit, as an OS............There is on-board video (PCI type port) which works fine utilizing the typical port (PCI?) from the motherboard. 1).....I want to...
  6. Extended display problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended display problem: So I have two monitors connected to my PC, I have it set to extend, I can't drag apps or get my mouse on the other screen, it's just my wallpaper sitting on my 2nd screen, how do I get my mouse to travel to the other display and drag apps to the other side?...
  7. desktop icon spacing is extended

desktop icon spacing is extended: My desktop icon has been stretched, how to restore it to the original settings. Thank you. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-spacing-is-extended/505c92f9-f6c2-48b0-905a-7af115cf4a32
  8. Problem extending screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem extending screen: Hi, I recently formated my laptop. When I'm home I have it always connected to another screen (for easier understanding will call this monitor 2), and I noticed on left side of the monitor 2, which I use as primary screen, the screen is cut-off, just a little, the windows...
  9. Dual display (extended desktop)

Dual display (extended desktop): difficult to get mouse cursor to go from display 1 to display 2 (set to extended desktop. Cursor stops at right end of display 1 and will only move to display 2 after multiple tries—sometimes taking 2 or 3 minutes....
  10. Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen: Howdy, I have a Dell E6430 Laptop with an Intel HD4000 and an Nvidia NVS 5200M card in it. I can use this laptop in a docking station and run on 2 monitors + the laptop screen for a total of 3 displays. What I want to do is have the main desktop on the laptop screen and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when extending winows 10 laptop screen desktop moves to 2nd screen