Windows 10: Extended display missing

Discus and support Extended display missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some how my extended display quit working. When I go to display setup click detect my Surface Pro 10 (Win 10 Pro) my HP 2711x Monitor does not show up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RonPBrown, Oct 12, 2018.

1. RonPBrown Win User

Extended display missing

Some how my extended display quit working. When I go to display setup click detect my Surface Pro 10 (Win 10 Pro) my HP 2711x Monitor does not show up, nor does anything else. I have tried all the usual suspects, reinserting cables into the docking station mini display ports as well as the mini display port on the surface pro, changing from HDMI to VGA cable setups etc.

What should I try next.

:)

RonPBrown, Oct 12, 2018

2. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Oct 12, 2018
  3. no audio on extended display

Is your computer’s Operating System updated?

How about your Audio drivers, can you check if it is updated and can support HDMI audio output?

If your answer to those questions are yes, then you can check these steps to setup audio for your extended display:

• Connect your laptop to the extended display using the HDMI cable.
    • On the lower right side of your task bar, right click on the Audio icon.
    • Select Playback device
    • If you don’t see your extended display (T.V) you can right click on a blank space on the Playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • One your extended display (T.V) is showing, please check if it is enable.
    • Then Select OK.

Do a test and check if the audio is now playing on the extended display, if issue still persists, try to restart your computer without removing the HDMI for both devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Extended display missing

extended display windows 10

Hi Marg,

It is possible that your extended display was not detected after an update due to having incompatible display drivers. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Extended display missing

1. Extended display missing - Similar Threads - Extended display missing

2. Extend display function doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend display function doesn’t work: I used to extend my Surface Pro 10 screen to the HP monitor. Since last week I have faced an issue with this extension feature. I tried to adjust the settings and went to the display setup but the monitor isn’t shown there. I did everything that I could but no avail....
  3. extended/multiple displays.

in Windows 10 Customization
    extended/multiple displays.: I bought two monitors for multiple displays, but in my display settings it doesn't give me the option to do so. It only says to connect to a wireless display which I do not have. I tried the windows + P trick but that didn't work. I even bought an hdmi splitter but all that...
  4. Win10 - explorer.exe crashes when extending display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 - explorer.exe crashes when extending display: Hello guys! I've got a problem using my 2nd monitor on Windows 10. Whenever I set my display setting to "Extend these displays" my file explorer starts to crash every second or two. Every other options works fine (screen #1 and #2, duplicate screen). I've got the latest...
  5. Blurry fonts on secondary extended display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry fonts on secondary extended display: i just bought a new LG 27UD58-B 27 inch/4K display and the resolution is gorgeous. however it recommends 150% scaling and the ST2210 Dell monitor recommends 100%. if I have both cards in the NVIDIA GTX 960 GPU and I scale the LG to 150% the Dell does the same and the font...
  6. Mouse won't cross Extended Display edges

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Mouse won't cross Extended Display edges: Running Win 10 on an HP Laptop. (don't ask what system or internal bits it has - not a tech-head, me...) I used to have the monitor beside my laptop, display extended across the two screens. The only app 'buttons' in screen 2 (the separate monitor) was the Start icon. I...
  7. black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays

black lines with 2 monitors on extended displays: This issue is almost driving me crazy! People where I work use 2 monitors used as extended displays. All the extended displays work fine on Windows 7, but when I upgrade or redo the PC with Windows 10, black lines are on the monitor(s). Sometimes the lines are thin and in...
  8. Cannot extend display to second monitor

Cannot extend display to second monitor: I am using windows 10 pro on my Powerspec desktop PC. I have one HP monitor and one AOC monitor. I had three monitors (one HP and 2 AOC monitors) working fine using extended display. After removing one monitor (now have 2), the extended display does not work any more. I can...
  9. Blurry Extended Display

Blurry Extended Display: Hi, Currently I'm using an MSI GL62 6QD laptop with a resolution of 1920x1080. I have an external monitor I have just connected today (Dell 2407WFP-HC) at a resolution of 1920x1200, I am using it as an extended display. Now the problem is that when this monitor is...
  10. How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays: Hello all! I'm using my Windows 10 laptop with a secondary external monitor which i want to use as a display, without the laptop's built-in display. The problem is, despite i set to show the image only on the secondary (external) monitor, after each restart or after i close...