Windows 10: Extended display

Discus and support Extended display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Win10's extended display to watch movies etc played on pc (shown on tv) but problem is that if I use full screen program which uses lower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by intusr, Mar 3, 2019.

1. intusr Win User

Extended display

I use Win10's extended display to watch movies etc played on pc (shown on tv) but problem is that if I use full screen program which uses lower resolution than on desktop or reboot computer (normal or bsod reboots) or disable and enable extended display then stuff on desktop gets moved on tv screen and has to be dragged back to win 10's desktop so question is how do I prevent stuff moved on tv screen? Computer display is selected as primary display but seems that it doesn't do anything.

:)

intusr, Mar 3, 2019

2. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Mar 3, 2019
  3. no audio on extended display

Is your computer’s Operating System updated?

How about your Audio drivers, can you check if it is updated and can support HDMI audio output?

If your answer to those questions are yes, then you can check these steps to setup audio for your extended display:

• Connect your laptop to the extended display using the HDMI cable.
    • On the lower right side of your task bar, right click on the Audio icon.
    • Select Playback device
    • If you don’t see your extended display (T.V) you can right click on a blank space on the Playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • One your extended display (T.V) is showing, please check if it is enable.
    • Then Select OK.

Do a test and check if the audio is now playing on the extended display, if issue still persists, try to restart your computer without removing the HDMI for both devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Extended display

extended display windows 10

Hi Marg,

It is possible that your extended display was not detected after an update due to having incompatible display drivers. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Extended display

1. Extended display - Similar Threads - Extended display

2. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...
  3. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...
  4. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Extended and mirror display problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended and mirror display problem: While the cursor works but clicking on anything doesn't work on extended display and if set on mirror display the colour calibration resets on the main monitor im using asus vivobook with xp pen display tablet...
  6. Extended and mirror display problem

Extended and mirror display problem: While the cursor works but clicking on anything doesn't work on extended display and if set on mirror display the colour calibration resets on the main monitor im using asus vivobook with xp pen display tablet...
  7. Mouse cursor does not move past one of my two extended displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor does not move past one of my two extended displays: I am extending my Asus laptop's display to an external monitor via HDMI. Since yesterday I started experiencing a problem where my mouse cursor is not moving into the other display every time.This is occurring when using the track pad or a mouse connected via USB.When trying...
  8. Mouse cursor does not move past one of my two extended displays

Mouse cursor does not move past one of my two extended displays: I am extending my Asus laptop's display to an external monitor via HDMI. Since yesterday I started experiencing a problem where my mouse cursor is not moving into the other display every time.This is occurring when using the track pad or a mouse connected via USB.When trying...
  9. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings: I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to the advance setting once while i had it set to "show only on 2" and tried to change the frame rate under the display setting...
  10. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings: I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to the advance setting once while i had it set to "show only on 2" and tried to change the frame rate under the display setting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extend display

2. extended display

3. display extended

4. locate extended display,
  5. windows extended display,
  6. connect display as extended display,
  7. extdend display,
  8. extend this display,
  9. extended displ,
  10. extend dis0play,
  11. extend displiay,