Windows 10: Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity

Discus and support Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect an external monitor Samsung 27 "purchased in 2020 to my PC a Lenovo Carbon X1 7th gen. via HDMI both PC and monitor go to sleep after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GianpaoloNeri, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity

When I connect an external monitor Samsung 27 "purchased in 2020 to my PC a Lenovo Carbon X1 7th gen. via HDMI both PC and monitor go to sleep after about20 seconds of inactivity. The problem occurs only if I set 'Extended Mode' to the second monitor. If mirrored then all works fine, same if working only on the PC, according to Power & Sleep settings 10 minutes battery mode, 30 minutes power mode.
    Other info: The screensaver is disabled; Windows 10 version updated to the latest patches; No third party antivirus installed.

Is there a solution to the problem?

Thx

:)

GianpaoloNeri, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Vista Sleep Mode Setting Questions

in sleep mode, the PC is off. no downloads for you.

2. You wake up by pressing the power button, or using the mouse and keyboard. These settings are controlled in the BIOS. To enter the password, type it on the keyboard and hit enter - if you set it in the BIOS as a wakeup, thats how - if you mean in vista, it will be a normal login screen.

3. there is no photo. 20 minutes of idle.

4. no. its not possible to do anything at all in sleep mode.

Mussels, Feb 11, 2020
  3. KJcam Win User
    Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

just got home. Put my computer to sleep and it woke up in about 30 seconds. running the lastwake command still shows the unknown culprit. However, a whole list has appeared in event finder, what do you make of this? Seems to be something with the power supply if i had to take a guess
    Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity [​IMG]

KJcam, Feb 11, 2020
  4. DavidC345 Win User

Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity

windows enters sleep mode during use

windows enters sleep mode during use. all power settings set to never sleep/hibernate or sleep after several hours of inactivity.

computer is an HP 20-c020. 8gb ram, 2.3ghz i3-6100 processor running windows 10 home v1703.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DavidC345, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity

1. Extended mode 2nd display causes PC to enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of inactivity - Similar Threads - Extended mode 2nd

2. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity: About a week-ish ago there was an auto update ? for Windows 10 and it logged me out of my work/ institution email and I couldn't access any related application, I had to delete my profile and manually sign in again, but then I realized that leaving my laptop inactive for...
  3. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity: About a week-ish ago there was an auto update ? for Windows 10 and it logged me out of my work/ institution email and I couldn't access any related application, I had to delete my profile and manually sign in again, but then I realized that leaving my laptop inactive for...
  4. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  6. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  7. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  8. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  10. Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.: Recently, whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it will turn on shortly after. Most times, I can hear my computer turn on as I am walking away. I know there may be similar posts, but none of them have solved my specific problem. I have already disabled the LAN setting...