Windows 10: extended monitor going black randomly

Discus and support extended monitor going black randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem that is very stressful for me. After Windows 10 update (before update log in screen wasn't blurred, now i have version 1903)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PicanteZeus2202, Sep 25, 2019.

1. extended monitor going black randomly

Hello

I have a problem that is very stressful for me. After Windows 10 update (before update log in screen wasn't blurred, now i have version 1903) my extended monitor (samsung C27F390) started to blink black screen. I have this problem only on my extended monitor. I changed HTML cable, didn't work, didn't change power cube because when it goes black i still have signal and monitor stays turned on. I have latest updates both in my monitor and in my Intel HD Graphic 530 card. Only when i play games this problem does not exist (R6S) but when i play Brawlhalla it is still a thing. At this point i don't know what to do please help me. On log in screen (blurred) i don't have this problem either.

Did you ever had this problem?

What shuld i do?

:)

PicanteZeus2202, Sep 25, 2019

2. Monitor is going black or distorted white randomly

I have a LCD monitor on my computer. Randomly, the monitor will either go completely black (as if powered off, and the power light turns off) or it will get a distorted frozen white screen (like how your smartphone would look if you dropped it in a toilet and tried to turn it on). Not too surprising, I have not dropped this 21 inch monitor in a toilet. The only way I can get the monitor to work again is by unplugging it and plugging it back in

I'm pretty sure that it is just a dead monitor that needs to be replaced, but a friend suggested that it might just be the power cord, since the monitor will work (like it is now) for hours on end, then suddenly start randomly not working. It's worth checking out, but before dropping money on a new monitor (if it isn't the power cord), can anyone confirm (or strongly suggest) that it is not a CPU issue or video card? Or maybe someone has seen this before?

Steven Rayback, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 25, 2019
  4. extended monitor going black randomly

extending monitors

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

solote allow two monitors but here I leave this possible solution

Step 1

Connect a monitor to the normal video card, using the necessary cable (DVI, VGA or HDMI). This will be the main screen, so place it directly in front of your computer's cabinet.

Step 2

Connect the second monitor to the alternative port of the video card, and then restart the computer. The PC will automatically detect the second monitor.

Step 3

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the second monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop on this screen" checkbox.

Step 4

Connect the third monitor to your original video card (if it has three outputs) or to another video card, and then restart the computer one more time.

Step 5

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the third monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop to this screen" checkbox

regards...

MiguelChiappori, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

extended monitor going black randomly

1. extended monitor going black randomly - Similar Threads - extended monitor going

2. My monitor will go black after use at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor will go black after use at random times: I recently upgraded my monitor from a 1080p 65Hz monitor to a 1440p 165Hz monitor and ever since this change I have had random instances where my monitor goes black. For context, this issue never happened with my 1080p monitor, I have a AMD Radeon 6800, Freesync is enabled on...
  3. My monitor will go black after use at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor will go black after use at random times: I recently upgraded my monitor from a 1080p 65Hz monitor to a 1440p 165Hz monitor and ever since this change I have had random instances where my monitor goes black. For context, this issue never happened with my 1080p monitor, I have a AMD Radeon 6800, Freesync is enabled on...
  4. Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random: I am working off of a laptop and have a second monitor to extend my displays. I have been using this set up for two years now and have not had a problem until last night. It seems that my attached monitor only main monitor on laptop is not affected will go black for a few...
  5. Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random: I am working off of a laptop and have a second monitor to extend my displays. I have been using this set up for two years now and have not had a problem until last night. It seems that my attached monitor only main monitor on laptop is not affected will go black for a few...
  6. Second monitor keeps on temporarily going black at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. screen going black randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen going black randomly: windows 10 screen goes black randomly, started when downloaded latest windows 10 update, reverted back to previous version, now message from microsoft my version of windows 10 about to expire?...
  8. External monitor going black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor going black: I have a laptop with a damaged screen, so I started using a flat screen TV as a monitor connected with an HDMI cable. I actually have 2 different Dynex flat screens. Both used to work fine. Now one the larger, newer one will display for a short period then go black. The...
  9. When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep: I need some assistance. I have a new Acer monitor that I hooked to my X1 Carbon Lenovo laptop. When I am in duplicate monitor mode everything works great. However when I put the computer in extend mode, I am having issues. The monitor extends as expected, but if I do not...
  10. Monitor go brown and then black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor go brown and then black: Sometimes when Im playing games the monitor starts blinking from brown to black and then I can't do anything unless turn it off from the power button! Any suggestions what can be? submitted by /u/HB209 [link] [comments]...