Windows 10: Extended monitor(s) detected but no signal available

Discus and support Extended monitor(s) detected but no signal available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello andthanks for taking a look at my issue. Any input would be very appreciated. The setup: · SurfaceBook: 256GB/Intel Core i7 - 8GB/ dGPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abetopia1, Oct 27, 2015.

1. abetopia1 Win User

Extended monitor(s) detected but no signal available

Hello andthanks for taking a look at my issue. Any input would be very appreciated.

The setup: · SurfaceBook: 256GB/Intel Core i7 - 8GB/ dGPU Nvidia.
    · Laptop isconnected to a Surface Dock (Surface Dock)
    · 2 extendedmonitors: AOC i2267fw 22-inch LED Monitors (2)
    · Themonitors have 1 VGA and 1 DVI-D
    · I have aMini DisplayPort to DVI adapter cable connecting the monitor to the dock. (Adapter)
    o Eachmonitor is connected to its own DisplayPort on the dock station
    The Problem:
    · Themonitors show up on the Display settings page (Imgur), but screens remain black (No Signal)
    · When I selectan extended monitor and select “detect”, I receive error, “Didn’t Detect AnotherDisplay”
    · Both extendedmonitors display “NO SIGNAL” and then go idle
    · When I plugin the dock, the computer screen goes black and refreshes, displaying the extendedmonitor.(s) in the settings. The monitor however remains idle
    Resolution attempts:
    · Restarted Computer/dock/monitors
    · Tried one extendedmonitor only, instead of two
    · Loweredresolution on Computer/monitors
    · Updated Driverson monitors/computer
    · Rolled-backupdates on Driver(s)
    · Re-installedupdates on Drivers
    · Setting ison “DVI” on monitor(s)
    · “Disabled”Graphics card
    · When I calledGeek Squad, he was unable to find a resolution. It is important to note thatwhen he remote into my computer he saw 3 monitors (2 extended and 1 main) . He was unable to doanything on the extended monitors (move any windows), but he did see them onhis screen. My monitor screens remainedidle.

If you haveany idea what can be faulty in this scenario, please let me know. I reallyappreciate all your help.

:)

abetopia1, Oct 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 - didn't detect another display

Hi, i have troubles connecting my second monitor to my laptop.

When i connect the second monitor via VGA, laptop's monitor resolution is changed to 1440x900, which is the highest available resolution of the second monitor. However the second monitor says "no signal".

I have updated Display adapters' drivers, i have set "multiple displays" to "extend these displays" in display settings panel. Btw.: When i try to detect second monitor, there's a message "Didn't detect another display." (however my laptop must be communicating
    with second monitor, because of the initial resolution change).

Any suggestions?

MikeLacroix, Oct 27, 2015
  3. mfoxboyd Win User
    display will extend but not clone

Hello! Since the last update on 1/2, I can no longer clone my display to an external monitor. I can extend, but not clone! The option to clone the displays is still there, but when I select it, the second monitor remains blank and detects no signal.

mfoxboyd, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

Extended monitor(s) detected but no signal available

1. Extended monitor(s) detected but no signal available - Similar Threads - Extended monitor detected

2. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  3. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  4. External monitor detected but no signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor detected but no signal: HelloI am using windows 10. I want to use two monitors. So I am using HDMI and DVI. Unfortunately, Windows 10 detecting both monitors. But DVI connected monitor not received any Signal No signal message.I checked the cable and drivers. All are fine. Any solution for this...
  5. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hello, I have an HP laptop, with an HP docking and 2 HP external monitors. Everything works perfectly, except that sometimes often when going out of sleep mode one of the screens does not work, it remains without signal. When the problem occurs, simply unplug and replug...
  6. Third monitor detected but monitor says "No Signal"

Third monitor detected but monitor says "No Signal": I have all the latest Nvidia Drivers I have a GTX 950 and have updated all drivers on my pc. I have reconnected all the cables in the order of the monitors as described by Windows. The cable is going to the mobo. Its VGA to VGA. My other monitors connected to my gpu go HDMI...
  7. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 9350 running Windows 10 and a Xiaomi L55M5-5ASP 4K. The laptop only has a USB-c for connecting an external display, and the TV only has HDMI, so I plugged in a cheap USB-c to HDMI cable I bought a while ago, and it works, except the refresh...
  8. Monitor says "No signal detected"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor says "No signal detected": So I pressed the windows icon on my keyboard with the "P" button and it showed some display thing. I accidentally pressed something along the lines of " show PC screen only". Now, the monitor goes off and when I switch it on, it says "No signal detected". How do I fix this?...
  9. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop. I connected an external monitor via USB-C->HDMI adapter but can't duplicate or extend to it. When I switch to duplicate, extend, or second display, the setting goes back to PC screen only. The monitor, adapter and HDMI cable works because I...
  10. No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor: Monitor says "No signal", Display Setting on PC say "didn't detect another display"... Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 card all drivers up to date DVI-D to VGA cord is new and plugged in tightly at both ends 78672