Windows 10: Extended monitor(s) detected but no signal available

Discus and support Extended monitor(s) detected but no signal available in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello andthanks for taking a look at my issue. Any input would be very appreciated. The setup: · SurfaceBook: 256GB/Intel Core i7 - 8GB/ dGPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abetopia1, Oct 27, 2015.

1. abetopia1 Win User

Extended monitor(s) detected but no signal available

Hello andthanks for taking a look at my issue. Any input would be very appreciated.

The setup: · SurfaceBook: 256GB/Intel Core i7 - 8GB/ dGPU Nvidia.
    · Laptop isconnected to a Surface Dock (Surface Dock)
    · 2 extendedmonitors: AOC i2267fw 22-inch LED Monitors (2)
    · Themonitors have 1 VGA and 1 DVI-D
    · I have aMini DisplayPort to DVI adapter cable connecting the monitor to the dock. (Adapter)
    o Eachmonitor is connected to its own DisplayPort on the dock station
    The Problem:
    · Themonitors show up on the Display settings page (Imgur), but screens remain black (No Signal)
    · When I selectan extended monitor and select “detect”, I receive error, “Didn’t Detect AnotherDisplay”
    · Both extendedmonitors display “NO SIGNAL” and then go idle
    · When I plugin the dock, the computer screen goes black and refreshes, displaying the extendedmonitor.(s) in the settings. The monitor however remains idle
    Resolution attempts:
    · Restarted Computer/dock/monitors
    · Tried one extendedmonitor only, instead of two
    · Loweredresolution on Computer/monitors
    · Updated Driverson monitors/computer
    · Rolled-backupdates on Driver(s)
    · Re-installedupdates on Drivers
    · Setting ison “DVI” on monitor(s)
    · “Disabled”Graphics card
    · When I calledGeek Squad, he was unable to find a resolution. It is important to note thatwhen he remote into my computer he saw 3 monitors (2 extended and 1 main) . He was unable to doanything on the extended monitors (move any windows), but he did see them onhis screen. My monitor screens remainedidle.

If you haveany idea what can be faulty in this scenario, please let me know. I reallyappreciate all your help.

:)

abetopia1, Oct 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 - didn't detect another display

Hi, i have troubles connecting my second monitor to my laptop.

When i connect the second monitor via VGA, laptop's monitor resolution is changed to 1440x900, which is the highest available resolution of the second monitor. However the second monitor says "no signal".

I have updated Display adapters' drivers, i have set "multiple displays" to "extend these displays" in display settings panel. Btw.: When i try to detect second monitor, there's a message "Didn't detect another display." (however my laptop must be communicating
    with second monitor, because of the initial resolution change).

Any suggestions?

MikeLacroix, Oct 27, 2015
  3. mfoxboyd Win User
    display will extend but not clone

Hello! Since the last update on 1/2, I can no longer clone my display to an external monitor. I can extend, but not clone! The option to clone the displays is still there, but when I select it, the second monitor remains blank and detects no signal.

mfoxboyd, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

Extended monitor(s) detected but no signal available

1. Extended monitor(s) detected but no signal available - Similar Threads - Extended monitor detected

2. No signal on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No signal on secondary monitor: Hey all, I have a company laptop and recently it got upgraded by our IT from windows 8 to windows 10. Until now i have used it with two external monitors in order to make my job easier. Unfortunately since the windows 10 version 1903 has been installed it is not detecting...
  3. Extending Monitor

Extending Monitor: Hi all, I have just bought a PC and I am wanting to extend the monitor to another monitor, however when I go to do this my PC informs me that the only display is my graphics card and does not pick up any monitors. How do I solve this?...
  4. Cannot Extend to a 3rd Monitor - Doesn't Detect the Monitor

Cannot Extend to a 3rd Monitor - Doesn't Detect the Monitor: I have a Windows 10 64 bit system. I have a Nividia Control Panel and tried to get the monitor to detect there, but it does not. It works but it duplicates, not extends. I gather I need something called an extender rather than a splitter. But I have no clue what type of...
  5. Monitor extend

Monitor extend: I have an issue with monitor extend. When I tried to extend the monitor, the monitor didn't react properly, it looks like the monitor is freeze but the cursor is visible and you can moving the cursor but when I tried clicking on an object on the screen or use right click...
  6. Microphone detected, but no input signal.

Microphone detected, but no input signal.: I have been using a Yeti Blue microphone with my computer for years. The other day, I plugged in my PS4 controller to play games and immediately my microphone and speakers stopped working. After reading through forums, I found this to be because the controller has both a mic...
  7. extending monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    extending monitors: I have 2 additional monitors connected to my pc, when I try to extend the display to the 3 one in advanced display settings says its not active, how do I make all 3 displays active?...
  8. No signal on motherboard monitors

No signal on motherboard monitors: I recently rebuilt my computer due to a minor mishap with coffee, everything is working fine up until I plug in my monitors. The monitor plugged into my Graphics card displays normally through it's one and only DVI port, it has four USB ports for peripherals. The HDMI and VGA...
  9. Monitor no signal suddenly

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor no signal suddenly: Okay so here's the deal. I downloaded Windows 10 three to four weeks back from Windows 8 and everything was working fine in that time period. Last Friday I'm in the middle of a game and my computer crashes and then reboots but my monitor is receiving absolutely no signal at...
  10. No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor: Monitor says "No signal", Display Setting on PC say "didn't detect another display"... Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 card all drivers up to date DVI-D to VGA cord is new and plugged in tightly at both ends 78672