Windows 10: Extended monitor setup, Open windows transfers to screen whit no power.

Discus and support Extended monitor setup, Open windows transfers to screen whit no power. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I have 3monitors on my setup. GPU: Geforce 970. -> projector hdmi almost always off if its not movie time monitor2 dvi for putting things to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SimonSaysSomething, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Extended monitor setup, Open windows transfers to screen whit no power.

So I have 3monitors on my setup.

GPU: Geforce 970. ->

projector hdmi almost always off if its not movie time

monitor2 dvi for putting things to look on while trading/gaming so it's usually off.

monitor1 *primary setting in extended setup displayport for working and gaming

I use the monitor1 as primary, but whenever it hits powersave mode/or if I flick it off. all my active and all open file apps etc moves to monitor 2 or 3, they are already off atm so why the transfers happen is beyond me.

I then use shortcut [win+shift+arrow] to move the windows back... but this is really annoying! solving this many times a day is not what I want to do -_-

Is there a solution for keeping the primary monitor to keep all windows on that monitor in windows10 whitout resorting to thirdparty program?

Now I clone instead but then the function that I want to use is gone :/ = extended desktop for now and then use.

:)

SimonSaysSomething, Feb 25, 2021

2. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Extend screen setup not working

Why can I no longer drag screens from monitor to monitor with my extend screen setup?

BarbaraHouk1, Feb 25, 2021
  4. L33_01 Win User

Extended monitor setup, Open windows transfers to screen whit no power.

Unable to extend monitor display

Hi Jay Jap,

thanks again for your reply.

I checked the screen resolution settings through windows and then through the Nvidia graphics cards.

Windows detected both monitors but Nvidia settings didn't.

I downloaded and installed the Nvidia drivers again and it's working fine. Simple solution, not sure why I had to install the drivers again? But thanks for your help, your suggestion to check if the monitors were being detected prompted me that it had to
    be a graphics card issue.

L33_01, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Extended monitor setup, Open windows transfers to screen whit no power.

1. Extended monitor setup, Open windows transfers to screen whit no power. - Similar Threads - Extended monitor setup

2. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup: I'm currently using an Alienware r17 laptop and have a second monitor hooked up via HDMI. I'm using them in the "extend display" setting and want to keep it that way, however whenever the screensaver comes on I noticed that my second monitor just shows a blue screen while my...
  3. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup: I'm currently using an Alienware r17 laptop and have a second monitor hooked up via HDMI. I'm using them in the "extend display" setting and want to keep it that way, however whenever the screensaver comes on I noticed that my second monitor just shows a blue screen while my...
  4. Duplicate a screen saver on both screen of an extended dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Linksys Extender Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linksys Extender Setup: Linksys extender setup extender.linksys.com increases the signal strength of the network. Nowadays, people use advanced and high-frequency WiFi routers to cover their internet needs. But In some places, the signal is weak, or no internet in this place. These areas are called...
  6. Monitor for laptop will not extend when power adapter is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor for laptop will not extend when power adapter is connected: Hey all - recently bought a monitor for my laptop. For the past 4 months have been using it as an extended display or the primary display with no issues, connected via USB-C adapter with an HDMI output into the monitor. Yesterday, it started only intermittently recognizing...
  7. Opening programs on the extended monitor but not the main monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening programs on the extended monitor but not the main monitor: Hi all,I had the Windows 10 . My setup is a laptop with an extra monitor which set as Extended Display.The screen of the laptop is main screenNormally , the programs should be opened in the main screen. But I realized that sometimes the programs were opening in the extended...
  8. Extend screen setup not working

Extend screen setup not working: Why can I no longer drag screens from monitor to monitor with my extend screen setup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-screen-setup-not-working/92aef5c4-c912-4d2a-86c4-b009fc527b3c
  9. Extending Monitor

Extending Monitor: Hi all, I have just bought a PC and I am wanting to extend the monitor to another monitor, however when I go to do this my PC informs me that the only display is my graphics card and does not pick up any monitors. How do I solve this?...
  10. Monitor extend

Monitor extend: I have an issue with monitor extend. When I tried to extend the monitor, the monitor didn't react properly, it looks like the monitor is freeze but the cursor is visible and you can moving the cursor but when I tried clicking on an object on the screen or use right click...