Windows 10: Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation.

Discus and support Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have two monitors connected to my laptop. One is connected directly to the laptop’s VGA port. The Second one is connected to the USB 3.0 port via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomCrane1, Nov 22, 2020.

1. TomCrane1 Win User

Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation.

Hi, I have two monitors connected to my laptop. One is connected directly to the laptop’s VGA port. The Second one is connected to the USB 3.0 port via a USB 3.0 to VGA adapter. They were working fine before until about two months ago.

Now when I turn on the laptop, the monitor connected via the adapter remains black. When the computer comes out of sleep mode or hibernation it stays black. The laptop’s screen if fine as well as the monitor connected directly to the VGA port.

I have tried several forum suggestions, but no luck whatsoever.

- I’ve reinstalled and reverted the drivers; updated the drivers FL2000-2.1.33581.0 and FL2000-2.1.34054.0, deleted all driver files and reinstalled, restated computer, have all latest WIN 10 updates.

If I’m not mistaken, this problem could have started after a Windows 10 update. And I can’t pinpoint which update could’ve been the culprit.

The NVIDIA graphics card is updated as well.

The only way I manage to get the display to work is by disabling and enabling either the Fresco Logic IDDCX Adapter in Display adapters, or Fresco Logic FL2000 USB Display Adapter in USB Video Class Device, both located in the Device Manager window. And after several attempts of disabling and enabling them I get lucky and my USB 3.0 to VGA monitor starts working again. I must note that when I disable the Fresco Logic IDDCX Adapter, a small window pops up saying "USB 3.0 VGA Display The device is not compatible with this graphics card driver. Fresco Logic VGA Tray".

Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation. 2bf30335-7364-4fdd-be74-171b3744395c?upload=true.jpg

Any help in resolving this problem is much appreciated.

My system is an ASUS Notebook G53SW, Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M CUDA 1.5 GB, running on Windows 10 Home 64-bit

:)

TomCrane1, Nov 22, 2020
  2. bass_gas Win User

Extended monitor does not come up on boot or coming out of sleep mode most of the time

Extended monitor does not come up on boot or coming out of sleep mode most of the time. Upon powering the extended monitor off and on several times it will come up. Display card is Nvidia GEForce 730. Worked fine with W7 but have had this problem ever
    since loading W10. Main monitor works fine all the time.

bass_gas, Nov 22, 2020
  3. PJS
    pjs Win User
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

4. Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation.

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation.

1. Extended monitor stays black after coming out of sleep, power on or hibernation. - Similar Threads - Extended monitor stays

2. Monitors stay black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors stay black: Hello, today I tried to turn on my PC, but all 3 of my monitors remained black and did not show anything. My System: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 WRAITH 3600 AM4 Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING B450 D416GB 3200-16-18-18 Ripjaws V K2 GSK SSD 500GB 2.3/3.4G 970 EVO PCIe M.2 SAM Tt TR2 S 700W...
  3. Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode: hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image...
  4. Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode: I have an HP Envy Phoenix Desktop 860-180st-CTO running Windows 10 Pro that is giving me fits with the sound. When I start the PC from shut down mode, the sound works fine. I can go to my itunes and play music or whatever requires sound and it works fine. If I click for the...
  5. When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep

When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep: I need some assistance. I have a new Acer monitor that I hooked to my X1 Carbon Lenovo laptop. When I am in duplicate monitor mode everything works great. However when I put the computer in extend mode, I am having issues. The monitor extends as expected, but if I do not...
  6. Laptop screen stays black after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen stays black after sleep: I have an HP Envy x360 2-in-1 laptop that's about 2 years old now. Over the past few weeks I've had an odd problem where frequently after it goes to sleep I'll wake it up and it seems to come awake but the screen stays black. I can see the power light comes on, the fan spins...
  7. Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors blacking out randomly, and staying blacked out until I restart PC.: I typically think of myself as a pretty informed/smart person when it comes to computers, their insides, and programming. I can't for the life of me though, figure out this issue that I'm having with my desktop. Occasionally (nothing triggers it, because it's always at a...
  8. Monitor wont come on after sleep / hybernate

Monitor wont come on after sleep / hybernate: I just built a PC and installed Windows 10 from DVD. I installed all drivers and everything seems to work OK. However, when windows shuts down the display or goes into sleep mode, the monitor wont come back on. I tab the (USB) keyboard and try the (USB) mouse but nothing. I...
  9. Monitor is black after sleep

Monitor is black after sleep: So when i try to wake my pc from sleep, my pc wakes but the monitor is black and after like 1 min of waiting my pc automatically restarts which is rather annoying since I've tried everything i could to fix it with no success. This issue started to occur after i swapped from...
  10. Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update: My Dell Inspiron Desktop with Win 10 recently installed 2 updates: Security Update for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 3 (KB3213647) and 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676). Following Cumulative Update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot