Windows 10: extended monitor

Discus and support extended monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to have a dual monitor, I'm currently using acer monitor 17inch. I accidentally change the resolution of the extended monitor to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by camcam10001, Mar 21, 2020.

1. extended monitor

Hi,

I'm trying to have a dual monitor, I'm currently using acer monitor 17inch. I accidentally change the resolution of the extended monitor to the recommended resolution of my laptop lenovo ideapad s145 which is not compatible to the extended monitor, now the extended monitor is not working anymore.

How can I default the resolution from my laptop? Should I try a factory reset?

:)

camcam10001, Mar 21, 2020

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 21, 2020
  3. extending monitors

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

solote allow two monitors but here I leave this possible solution

Step 1

Connect a monitor to the normal video card, using the necessary cable (DVI, VGA or HDMI). This will be the main screen, so place it directly in front of your computer's cabinet.

Step 2

Connect the second monitor to the alternative port of the video card, and then restart the computer. The PC will automatically detect the second monitor.

Step 3

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the second monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop on this screen" checkbox.

Step 4

Connect the third monitor to your original video card (if it has three outputs) or to another video card, and then restart the computer one more time.

Step 5

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the third monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop to this screen" checkbox

regards...

MiguelChiappori, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

extended monitor

Extend Display to second and third monitors

Hi Ian,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to extend the display to second or third monitor. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you try to extend the display?
    • Do you receive any error message/code?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?

Ideally, to extend the display we can use the shortcut Windows logo key + P, and select
    Extend from the menu.

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, see
    Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

extended monitor

1. extended monitor - Similar Threads - extended monitor

2. The Extended Monitor Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Extended Monitor Does Not Work: Hello.This problem began with a CCLeaner run. After I performed the scan/fix, the monitorssuddenly did not display.I did a factory reset and changed both the docking station and HDMI cables. Also purchased a 1-in, 2-out StarTech HDMI splitter. These efforts enable two...
  3. The Extended Monitor Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Extended Monitor Does Not Work: Hello.This problem began with a CCLeaner run. After I performed the scan/fix, the monitorssuddenly did not display.I did a factory reset and changed both the docking station and HDMI cables. Also purchased a 1-in, 2-out StarTech HDMI splitter. These efforts enable two...
  4. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  5. Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor

Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into extended monitor: Win 11 taskbar duplicates Adobe PDF icons after they're moved into an extended monitor from my laptop.So, when I move an open PDF from one monitor to another now, the Windows taskbar shows two icons side by side for that file. If I then move the file back to the original...
  6. external monitor turns off when trying to change to extended mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external monitor turns off when trying to change to extended mode: I changed my external motinor refresh rate to too high and now extended mode doesnt work. when i try to extend my displays it automaticaly turs to laptop display and main display shows LOST SIGNAL. O duplicate mode everything works fine. I think I have to reset refresh rate...
  7. external monitor turns off when trying to change to extended mode

external monitor turns off when trying to change to extended mode: I changed my external motinor refresh rate to too high and now extended mode doesnt work. when i try to extend my displays it automaticaly turs to laptop display and main display shows LOST SIGNAL. O duplicate mode everything works fine. I think I have to reset refresh rate...
  8. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?: My extended display monitor is dimmed. It was just working fine a few days ago and then today the brightness won’t adjust. I’ve tried rollbacks, I’ve tried different plugs, and I’ve tried different applications. Nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me what to do?...
  9. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?: My extended display monitor is dimmed. It was just working fine a few days ago and then today the brightness won’t adjust. I’ve tried rollbacks, I’ve tried different plugs, and I’ve tried different applications. Nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me what to do?...
  10. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging