Windows 10: Extended Screen Resolution Problem following 1607 update

Discus and support Extended Screen Resolution Problem following 1607 update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; After waiting 2 hours for a windows 10 update this morning I found that my extended screen resolution (1600 x 900) is no longer supported, Control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by triblokerich, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Extended Screen Resolution Problem following 1607 update

After waiting 2 hours for a windows 10 update this morning I found that my extended screen resolution (1600 x 900) is no longer supported, Control Panel only offers 1024x768 and 800x600. The laptop screen resolution has been unaffected (1366x768)

The extended screen still works properly on the Windows 7 device it's also connected to.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

:)

triblokerich, Nov 17, 2016
  2. scvid Win User

My Desktop Icons shift to the left edge on a weekly basis

I had this problem and after careful observation and testing I have found the following:

1. I use an extended monitor with a laptop

2. I have the taskbar displayed on both monitors (this is a new feature in Windows 10 and can be switched on/off in the start menu)

3. I used the recommended screen resolution settings - this was different for each monitor.

Because the problem only exists in windows 10 I thought that the new taskbar feature must be part of the problem. Someone else on this forum mentioned that setting the monitors to have the same resolution would solve the problem. Which it did. But now my
    extended display is not set at the correct resolution. So I also switched off the extended taskbar option and set the extended monitor back to the correct resolution. So far, the icons have not moved.

So I think perhaps there is a bug that MS can look at which is to do with allowing the taskbar to appear on an extended monitor.

To find this setting: go to the taskbar, right click, go to properties, untick 'show taskbar on all displays'.

scvid, Nov 17, 2016
  3. My screen is extending out of my monitor

My screen is extending out of my monitor and I dont use a tv for a screen and looked at the screen settings and its in the right resolution but it still somehow extends outside the monitor .. PLEASE HELP

StevenUniverse, Nov 17, 2016
Thema:

Extended Screen Resolution Problem following 1607 update

1. Extended Screen Resolution Problem following 1607 update - Similar Threads - Extended Screen Resolution

2. Screen Resolution Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Resolution Problem: Hello I have a problem with my windows computer, after recently installing and update I restarted my computer because I felt like it was taking too long even though it told me not to.But the problem is that it was during a driver update, a recent one, but now my screen...
  3. screen resolution problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen resolution problem: I connected my Windows 10 machine to an HP ZR30w monitor via a DVI connector and it only gives me 1280 x 800 resolution. The monitor works well at 1920 x 1080 when driven by a different computer via a Display port cable. Any suggestions on how to get the higher resolution?...
  4. Screen resolution problem

Screen resolution problem: I have my HP laptop HDMIed to my Sharp Aquos TV. The TV has a 1920x1080 display. None of the dozen, or so, screen resolutions offered properly fit/fill the TV screen. 1280x768 at recommended 100% magnification is the closest I can get, with the top and bottom of the window...
  5. Problem extending screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem extending screen: Hi, I recently formated my laptop. When I'm home I have it always connected to another screen (for easier understanding will call this monitor 2), and I noticed on left side of the monitor 2, which I use as primary screen, the screen is cut-off, just a little, the windows...
  6. Screen Resolution Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Resolution Problem: I'm using Windows 10 on an HP laptop. Every so often, when I revive the computer from sleep, my screen resolution is only 800 x 600. It should be 1366 x 768. I go to display settings and change the resolution to 1366 x 768, but every so often (after a revive from sleep) it...
  7. Screen resolution problem

Screen resolution problem: Hello Microsoft team. yesterday, I upgraded my Lenovo ThinkPad L412 laptop from windows 7 professional to windows 10 pro. Now, my resolution of screen has became low. Previously it was (1366x768) but now, it has became (1024x768). Please help me because I don't want a...
  8. Screen resolution problems

Screen resolution problems: Okay so I have a major problem atm, I use a tv for my computer, I know a stupid move already, however this runs on 1920 x 1080 which is literally perfect for everything. However to run a certain game I need it lower, but when I make it lower it splits the screen in half and...
  9. How to extend DARK MODE SCREEN to all screens in Version 1607

How to extend DARK MODE SCREEN to all screens in Version 1607: My Laptop (I think?) now has Windows 10 anniversary version 1607 Build OS 14393.105 I have one eye (I am blind in one eye since 2006) that is sensitive to brightness and the DARK MODE THEME is really easy on my eye. I was able to select the dark screen mode via...
  10. Is it possible to extend Windows sytem partition to update to 1607?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to extend Windows sytem partition to update to 1607?: I want to update Windows 10 to build 1607, so I downloaded the Restone ISO and then created an USB bootable drive. I just want to upgrade without losing my files and settings, but the installation wizard tells me I need more room on C: partition, when I currently have around...