Windows 10: Extended screen's start menu not working properly.

Discus and support Extended screen's start menu not working properly. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 3 extended screens with different wallpapers. But whenever I open the start menu on extended screens then background wallpaper remains same, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmrutPardeshi, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Extended screen's start menu not working properly.

I have 3 extended screens with different wallpapers. But whenever I open the start menu on extended screens then background wallpaper remains same, it was not showing the wallpaper which is associated with that screen.

Start menu's background for extended screens should remain the wallpaper of that screen only.

:)

AmrutPardeshi, Sep 30, 2019

2. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Sep 30, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

1. Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    2. Click to open the start menu
    3. Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Extended screen's start menu not working properly.

Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Extended screen's start menu not working properly.

1. Extended screen's start menu not working properly. - Similar Threads - Extended screen's start

2. Start menu and multiple other features not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and multiple other features not working properly: About a week ago, I found out that my Start Menu wouldn't appear anymore and I wasn't able to search for anything. At first I thought it wasn't that big of a deal so I didn't bother doing much, but after a while it's gotten annoying.I've also lost the ability to open my...
  3. Start menu and multiple other features not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu and multiple other features not working properly: About a week ago, I found out that my Start Menu wouldn't appear anymore and I wasn't able to search for anything. At first I thought it wasn't that big of a deal so I didn't bother doing much, but after a while it's gotten annoying.I've also lost the ability to open my...
  4. Start menu and multiple other features not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly: Hi,This is a recent problem, and I've found a few answers, but at the moment, none seems to work. At the moment, the Windows Start Menu button on the taskbar, as well as on my keyboard seems to be unresponsive. That was the first noticeable symptom at least, afterwards upon...
  6. Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly: Hi,This is a recent problem, and I've found a few answers, but at the moment, none seems to work. At the moment, the Windows Start Menu button on the taskbar, as well as on my keyboard seems to be unresponsive. That was the first noticeable symptom at least, afterwards upon...
  7. Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Start Menu refusing to work properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu refusing to work properly: Recently, my start menu will no longer work. Left clicking the start button does nothing, but right clicking it will open the 'power user menu.' The button on my keyboard also fails to bring the start menu up, but clicking the 'type here to search' or using any keyboard...
  9. Start menu not working properly after using CCleaner

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not working properly after using CCleaner: Hi, after using ccleaner my start menu looks like this: and I cant drag & drop apps , also cannot pin to start menu. any help? [img] 68602
  10. Windows Search (Cortana) not working properly with Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search (Cortana) not working properly with Start Menu: Hello fellow Windows 10 users! I've upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. Everything is fine and Windows are working very smooth and nice. But there is one thing that really bothers me: Windows Search (including Cortana) does not find links to programs inside...