Windows 10: Extended srcset & picture element for image to every device and layout

Discus and support Extended srcset & picture element for image to every device and layout in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Starting in Windows Insider Preview build 10547, Microsoft Edge supports srcset, sizes, and picture―the suite of technologies that make up responsive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Extended srcset & picture element for image to every device and layout

Source: Using extended srcset and the picture element to tailor your image to every device and layout | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Oct 6, 2015
  2. RicW-nw Win User

Screensaver obsolete with LCD screens.

Hi - I thought this was the case, but I recently purchased a Samsung LCD TV/Monitor and text below is from their website... Presumably most users are going to have their screens turning off after a period of inactivity but it's worth knowing care may still
    be needed. - (I note the LCD/LED discrepancy in their text!) R.

Although much less susceptible than Plasma TVs, LED TVs are still subject to screen burn in (image retention). In general, you should avoid keeping a static picture (that is, a picture that contains no or few moving elements)
    or a picture with static elements (black bars, black borders, logos, etc.) on your LCD TV for more than two hours at a time. If, for example, you have your TV set to 4:3, and have black borders on the top and bottom, or on the sides, changing the picture size
    for a minute or two every couple of hours, say during commercials or in between shows, would decrease the chance of screen burn in. Reducing the brightness and contrast of the screen when it is displaying static elements will also decrease the chance of burn
    in.
    If you are using your LED TV as a computer monitor, the same general rule holds true: Avoid keeping a static picture or a picture with static elements (black bars, black borders, logos, etc.) on your
    LED TV for more than two hours at a time. Make sure you change the image on your screen periodically. Also, if you intend to leave your PC unattended for long periods of time, or you leave the same image on your screen while you work on other things for extended
    periods of time, you should set up a screen saver that goes on after about twenty minutes, or set up your monitor so that it turns off if unattended for more than twenty minutes.

RicW-nw, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Is there a way to change the default Windows 10 File Explorer layout view, regardless of content type

When using Windows 10 File explorer to open directories, folders and sub-folders, the default layout view changes depending on the file content type in the folders.

Music, Pictures, Videos, application files etc...

The majority of default view is Large Icons. I always have to manually change them to 'Details'

When I manually change the view of a specific folder to 'Details', Windows seems to remember that as a preference because the next time I open that same folder, it retains the last layout view I used.

As I cannot change the layout view manually for each and every folder,

How can I change the default layout view for every existing folder and every newly created folder to open in a 'Details' layout view.

**moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & Personalization.

Chuck_Bytes, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

Extended srcset & picture element for image to every device and layout

1. Extended srcset & picture element for image to every device and layout - Similar Threads - Extended srcset picture

2. Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.: I have finally been able to see an image on my 2nd monitor, however, it is a duplicate picture. I have gone into my settings, and strangely my desktop is not even able to detect my 2nd monitor. I'm happy to see the other monitor, but I don't need them duplicate, I need them...
  3. Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate picture instead of extended picture.: I have finally been able to see an image on my 2nd monitor, however, it is a duplicate picture. I have gone into my settings, and strangely my desktop is not even able to detect my 2nd monitor. I'm happy to see the other monitor, but I don't need them duplicate, I need them...
  4. WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD Elements 1tb not recognized In Devices and Drives: Hello,I have a Lenovo Legion 7 running Windows 10. I'm plugging in a WD Elements drive and it's not seen by Devices and Drives.Going into Disk Management reveals it, as shown in attached images. It's labeled 'healthy', but not NTFS or FAT, which I'm reading are the desired...
  5. Windows 11 >> Add a layout to an image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 >> Add a layout to an image: Hi,I am following this guide to modify the Layout in Windows 11.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/desktop/customize-the-windows-11-start-menu#add-a-layout-to-an-imageAnd json file looks like the following: { "primaryOEMPins": [ { "packagedAppId":...
  6. Windows 11 >> Add a layout to an image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 >> Add a layout to an image: Hi,I am following this guide to modify the Layout in Windows 11.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/customize/desktop/customize-the-windows-11-start-menu#add-a-layout-to-an-imageAnd json file looks like the following: { "primaryOEMPins": [ { "packagedAppId":...
  7. Numbers on every icon and clickable element

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numbers on every icon and clickable element: There are numbers all over my screen on every clickable emlement and icon. All through my browser, word processor. Everywhere. Narrator isn't on... I can't find any programs or services... wtf is it? Any advice would be great :) submitted by /u/medicineman25 [link]...
  8. Changing from italian layout to UK extended

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from italian layout to UK extended: Hello i would like to change the setting of my keyboard to UK extended, but i can't find it in any option, i currently managed to change only to UK but not to the extended one, this is my options setting. i tried to search in the add language menu but there's no option for...
  9. Dim the UI elements, leaving pictures and movies intact

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dim the UI elements, leaving pictures and movies intact: So I just wanted to reduce the contrast of UI elements, such as webpages or folder backgrounds, while keeping pictures and movies intact. The idea is to darken anything but pictures and movies. So that when a webpage has some #000000 in styles, it will display as #000000. If...
  10. Introducing srcset, 1st step fully responsive images in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing srcset, 1st step fully responsive images in Microsoft Edge: Windows 10 Insider builds recently introduced support for srcset, our first step on the path to fully supporting the picture element for responsive images. In this post we’d like to share more about our initial implementation of srcset in Windows 10 and our strategy for...