Windows 10: extending a harddrive partition

Discus and support extending a harddrive partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i recently partitioned a drive on accident and wanted to delete the partition. all i get is greyed out. can anyone help me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamesankarberg, Dec 2, 2020.

1. extending a harddrive partition

i recently partitioned a drive on accident and wanted to delete the partition. all i get is greyed out. can anyone help me.

:)

jamesankarberg, Dec 2, 2020

2. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Extending partitions

For some reason there's a 5gb unallocated space on my Velociraptor and I can't seem to extend it on the primary partition. And I thought disk management was a phail.

spearman914, Dec 2, 2020
  4. extending a harddrive partition

Extending partitions

Extend partition on disk management!

B1gg3stN00b, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

extending a harddrive partition

1. extending a harddrive partition - Similar Threads - extending harddrive partition

2. Unable to extend partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend partition: I am aware that the unallocated space must be immediately after the partition that I want to extend. The default Windows application cannot move partitions, and I prefer not to use third-party apps.I want to implement the solution provided here first answer. But in my case,...
  3. Unable to extend partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to extend partition: I am aware that the unallocated space must be immediately after the partition that I want to extend. The default Windows application cannot move partitions, and I prefer not to use third-party apps.I want to implement the solution provided here first answer. But in my case,...
  4. How to undo a harddrive partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo a harddrive partition?: Hi all. My laptop is partitioned into a C and D drive. The C drive is now very low but the D drive has loads of space. I have tried to create unallocated space on the D drive to move to the C drive but this has not been possible. I think I may need to do a full reset, would...
  5. How to undo a harddrive partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo a harddrive partition?: Hi all. My laptop is partitioned into a C and D drive. The C drive is now very low but the D drive has loads of space. I have tried to create unallocated space on the D drive to move to the C drive but this has not been possible. I think I may need to do a full reset, would...
  6. Trouble Extending Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble Extending Partition: I had ubuntu installed on my PC in dual boot. I delete ubuntu using DISKPART command. But, when I try to extend my HDD space using Disk Management tool, on right clicking, it shows only 'Help' and no 'Extend Volume' option. Please share me with the details how to successfully...
  7. Extend partition

Extend partition: [img] I am planning to replace my HDD with an SSD. I will image the HDD and then restore to the SSD. I have a OEM Recovery partition that I would like to delete after the image has been restored to the SSD. However, I would then like to move the 980MB and extend my C drive...
  8. Extending Primary Partition

Extending Primary Partition: Hi. I noticed my recovery partition was eating up a good 24 GB of my SSD, so I deleted it in Disk Management. However, the Extend Volume option on the primary partition is greyed out, so I am still unable to access the unallocated 24 GB. What must I do to as these 24 GB to my...
  9. Extend Disk partition

Extend Disk partition: Hi i want to extend disk my c drive with a free 48 gb space. but i cannot do that. The extend option is greyed out and i cannot also delete the free disk space. pictures of it are bellow. Please help me increase the disk space. Thank you.[ATTACH]...
  10. Removing Extended Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing Extended Partition: We did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a computer. When it came to the point of deciding what to do to the existing partitions, we attempted to delete all partitions and end up with on unallocated partition. However there were two partitions which we could not remove so we...