Windows 10: Extending Disk Partition

Discus and support Extending Disk Partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have reinstalled my Windows on my system switching back from ubuntu. After installing the windows on my PC the Hard disk SSD have partitioned in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RahulSiddhardh, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Extending Disk Partition

I have reinstalled my Windows on my system switching back from ubuntu. After installing the windows on my PC the Hard disk SSD have partitioned in a weird manner. I have a got a 4.47 GB space at the start of the disk and the EFI partition and then the local disk partition of 470 GB and then the Windows recovery partition. Just so to be clear I have attached a screenshot below.

Now the problem I am facing is I want to move the 4.47GB space to my primary memory my extending C: drive. I have did some research online and got to know the moving EFI may cause problems, as deleting it isn't an option. Any suggestion on how to move the space from left to C: ?

Extending Disk Partition f60b619a-ab2b-4718-8513-5f4a93a82aa7?upload=true.png

:)

RahulSiddhardh, Jul 19, 2020

2. Extending partitions

For some reason there's a 5gb unallocated space on my Velociraptor and I can't seem to extend it on the primary partition. And I thought disk management was a phail.

spearman914, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Extending partitions

Extend partition on disk management!

B1gg3stN00b, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Extending Disk Partition

How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Extending Disk Partition

1. Extending Disk Partition - Similar Threads - Extending Disk Partition

2. Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management: Hello, recently I have deleted a partition on my SSD that was containing another operating system. I did this to expand the size of my Windows partition to install some more games. However, I was unable to extend the volume of my main partition because the "Extend Volume"...
  3. Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to extend volume of a partition in Disk Management: Hello, recently I have deleted a partition on my SSD that was containing another operating system. I did this to expand the size of my Windows partition to install some more games. However, I was unable to extend the volume of my main partition because the "Extend Volume"...
  4. Format Entire Hard Disk into Extended Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Format Entire Hard Disk into Extended Partition: Hi. I have a laptop with an SSD and a Hard disk (1 Tb) - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Version 20H2 Build 19042.867 Both are GPT I would like to convert the ENTIRE HARD DISK ONLY into an Extended Partition with 6 or more logical drives. I was able to do this on my other...
  5. Extend partition

Extend partition: [img] I am planning to replace my HDD with an SSD. I will image the HDD and then restore to the SSD. I have a OEM Recovery partition that I would like to delete after the image has been restored to the SSD. However, I would then like to move the 980MB and extend my C drive...
  6. Unable to extend Ubuntu partition in Windows Disk Manager!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extend Ubuntu partition in Windows Disk Manager!: I right click the Ubuntu partition to find out that the extend button is gray not usable How do I extend it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-extend-ubuntu-partition-in-windows-disk/62f0e051-6031-4575-b7d0-2d797bb8879a
  7. Extend Partition Option Grayed Out in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Partition Option Grayed Out in Disk Management: I just added a solid state drive to my computer, cloned my hard drive and copied everything to my SSD. My old drive has a capacity of 160 GB and my new drive has a capacity of 240 GB. I successfully booted from my new SSD, but for some reason the cloning software left 74 GB...
  8. Extend Disk partition

Extend Disk partition: Hi i want to extend disk my c drive with a free 48 gb space. but i cannot do that. The extend option is greyed out and i cannot also delete the free disk space. pictures of it are bellow. Please help me increase the disk space. Thank you.[ATTACH]...
  9. Disk space problem, do I extend partition?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk space problem, do I extend partition?: Hi everyone, not sure why I keep getting the error message on my new laptop that space is running out. Please see below and advise if possible. Thanks [img] 114351
  10. Disk Partition Tool can't extend C

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Partition Tool can't extend C: My desktop computer has a few hard drives in it and for some reason C: is on the second disk. It's maxed out and needs to be made bigger. I've uninstalled everything but have failed to make enough space to even backup my phone (Silly iTunes insists on using C*Smile I've...