Windows 10: Extending Display to a 2nd PC

Discus and support Extending Display to a 2nd PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a way to extend the display of 1 laptop to a 2nd laptop? How do you make the 2nd laptop visible so if can be detected?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SusanGage1, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Extending Display to a 2nd PC

Is there a way to extend the display of 1 laptop to a 2nd laptop?

How do you make the 2nd laptop visible so if can be detected?

:)

SusanGage1, Apr 24, 2019

2. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Apr 24, 2019
  3. how can i add a 2nd monitor to extend my display

how can i add a 2nd monitor to extend my display

Tina Fonger, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Extending Display to a 2nd PC

no audio on extended display

Is your computer’s Operating System updated?

How about your Audio drivers, can you check if it is updated and can support HDMI audio output?

If your answer to those questions are yes, then you can check these steps to setup audio for your extended display:

• Connect your laptop to the extended display using the HDMI cable.
    • On the lower right side of your task bar, right click on the Audio icon.
    • Select Playback device
    • If you don’t see your extended display (T.V) you can right click on a blank space on the Playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • One your extended display (T.V) is showing, please check if it is enable.
    • Then Select OK.

Do a test and check if the audio is now playing on the extended display, if issue still persists, try to restart your computer without removing the HDMI for both devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Extending Display to a 2nd PC

1. Extending Display to a 2nd PC - Similar Threads - Extending Display 2nd

2. Extended Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extended Display: Recently when I had Windows 10, I was connecting my laptop to a docking station as well as my two monitors. Now since I did the Windows 11 update the monitors show as 'No Signal' and I am unable to get it connected. I have updated drivers, ensured Windows is up to date,...
  3. Extended Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended Display: Recently when I had Windows 10, I was connecting my laptop to a docking station as well as my two monitors. Now since I did the Windows 11 update the monitors show as 'No Signal' and I am unable to get it connected. I have updated drivers, ensured Windows is up to date,...
  4. Extended displays

Extended displays: i have a problem with extended displays. I used to could have my remote account running on two monitors while also haveing my laptop remain in its regular mode with all apps available. What changed...
  5. Extended displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended displays: i have a problem with extended displays. I used to could have my remote account running on two monitors while also haveing my laptop remain in its regular mode with all apps available. What changed...
  6. display will not extend

display will not extend: have windows 10 pro and in display unable to detect 2nd monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-will-not-extend/38c36b23-37a0-458b-917c-f6d2e9de3121
  7. display will not extend

display will not extend: have windows 10 pro and in display unable to detect 2nd monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-will-not-extend/38c36b23-37a0-458b-917c-f6d2e9de3121
  8. Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display: While my laptop was connected to my TV with an HDMI cable, it used to work normally on the extend display option, yet, as i raised the resolution display option for the TV to 1920x1080 for the first time, as opposed to the recommended 1366x768 which was the option used on...
  9. Extended display

Extended display: I use Win10's extended display to watch movies etc played on pc (shown on tv) but problem is that if I use full screen program which uses lower resolution than on desktop or reboot computer (normal or bsod reboots) or disable and enable extended display then stuff on desktop...
  10. Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary: I am running W10 Pro 1607 14393.10. This problem has occured in earlier builds. I have a 2nd monitor that I have set as an extended display. I usually keep Adobe Reader open to view pdf as I work. If I leave my pc and return to enter password, it is not fully sleep - it...