Windows 10: Extending displays.

Discus and support Extending displays. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had trouble with this on windows 10, but cannot remember the solution!I wish to extend the display across monitors 3 & 4.Using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GordonWhitlock, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Extending displays.

I had trouble with this on windows 10, but cannot remember the solution!I wish to extend the display across monitors 3 & 4.Using settings/system/display/multiple displays there is duplicate across 3 & 4, but not extend.Wouldn't I need to be able to select the two displays I want to blend together?

:)

GordonWhitlock, Nov 3, 2021

2. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Nov 3, 2021
  3. no audio on extended display

Is your computer’s Operating System updated?

How about your Audio drivers, can you check if it is updated and can support HDMI audio output?

If your answer to those questions are yes, then you can check these steps to setup audio for your extended display:

• Connect your laptop to the extended display using the HDMI cable.
    • On the lower right side of your task bar, right click on the Audio icon.
    • Select Playback device
    • If you don’t see your extended display (T.V) you can right click on a blank space on the Playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • One your extended display (T.V) is showing, please check if it is enable.
    • Then Select OK.

Do a test and check if the audio is now playing on the extended display, if issue still persists, try to restart your computer without removing the HDMI for both devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Nov 3, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Extending displays.

extended display windows 10

Hi Marg,

It is possible that your extended display was not detected after an update due to having incompatible display drivers. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

Extending displays.

1. Extending displays. - Similar Threads - Extending displays

2. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings: I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to the advance setting once while i had it set to "show only on 2" and tried to change the frame rate under the display setting...
  3. Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Going from extend these displays to show only on 2 reset settings: I have been trying to use my laptop on my tv to play games, wanted to use the high refesh rate avaliabe it is supported by my tv LG oled C2. i went to the advance setting once while i had it set to "show only on 2" and tried to change the frame rate under the display setting...
  4. How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"?: I have connected a second monitor to my Windows 11 laptop. I unselected "Make this my main display" on the laptop and cannot correct the issue. The mouse curser will not move to the laptop, only the second monitor.The display settings only opens on the laptop, not the second...
  5. How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"?

How can I fix display settings on Windows 11 for "Extend these displays"?: I have connected a second monitor to my Windows 11 laptop. I unselected "Make this my main display" on the laptop and cannot correct the issue. The mouse curser will not move to the laptop, only the second monitor.The display settings only opens on the laptop, not the second...
  6. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?: My extended display monitor is dimmed. It was just working fine a few days ago and then today the brightness won’t adjust. I’ve tried rollbacks, I’ve tried different plugs, and I’ve tried different applications. Nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me what to do?...
  7. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?: My extended display monitor is dimmed. It was just working fine a few days ago and then today the brightness won’t adjust. I’ve tried rollbacks, I’ve tried different plugs, and I’ve tried different applications. Nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me what to do?...
  8. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays: For reasons I won't go into I bought an Apple Studio display to connect to my Dell Windows 10 laptop. The display works, but it only mirrors the display on the laptop. I would like to extend the displays. But when I go into settings it does not identify or detect the Apple...
  10. Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays: For reasons I won't go into I bought an Apple Studio display to connect to my Dell Windows 10 laptop. The display works, but it only mirrors the display on the laptop. I would like to extend the displays. But when I go into settings it does not identify or detect the Apple...