Windows 10: Extending Hard Drive with Another External HD

Discus and support Extending Hard Drive with Another External HD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to extend my main hard drive on my pc with an external hard drive. currently the 2 hard drives are separate, but I wanted to make them the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nariopolus, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Extending Hard Drive with Another External HD

I would like to extend my main hard drive on my pc with an external hard drive. currently the 2 hard drives are separate, but I wanted to make them the same location. I have run out of storage space on my C: drive and would like more space to install games from steam. the only results I'm really getting are making the 2 drives into a dynamic disk, but I'm afraid that might screw up my PC. is it safe to use this process, or should I try a different method of installing new games? I 'm pretty sure I can transfer all the steam related files to the external drive, but i'd rather not go through the effort of learning how to transfer all the correct files over if I can just extend my current C: drive

:)

Nariopolus, Jun 25, 2019

2. Extending Hard Drive with Another External HD

I would like to extend my main hard drive on my pc with an external hard drive. currently the 2 hard drives are separate, but I wanted to make them the same location. I have run out of storage space on my C: drive and would like more space to install
    games from steam. the only results I'm really getting are making the 2 drives into a dynamic disk, but I'm afraid that might screw up my PC. is it safe to use this process, or should I try a different method of installing new games? I 'm pretty sure I can
    transfer all the steam related files to the external drive, but i'd rather not go through the effort of learning how to transfer all the correct files over if I can just extend my current C: drive

Nariopolus, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 25, 2019
  4. twynog Win User

Extending Hard Drive with Another External HD

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Extending Hard Drive with Another External HD

1. Extending Hard Drive with Another External HD - Similar Threads - Extending Hard Drive

2. why are folders i created in another external hard drive appearing in another external hard...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why are folders i created in another external hard drive appearing in another external hard...: heres a screenshot, you will need it later to better understand what im sayingso heres the start of whats happeningso basically, when it was xmas christmas, i got a external hard drive to store all my videogames and documents inbut after some time of using it, a folder...
  3. copying from one external hard drive to another

copying from one external hard drive to another: I am trying to copy a large folder of photo files from one external hard drive to another in Windows 10. I used a drag and drop command and the resulting window showed progress as I could see the names of individual photo files showing briefly. After the copy process...
  4. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  5. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using external hard drive to extend c drive: Hello,I've been searching for how to use my external hard drive to create more space on my computer, as well as use it to update to windows 11 but all the articles suggest fixes that won't work.For the update, they all say I should have a Fix Issues button which will then...
  6. Using external hard drive to extend c drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. external hard drive working on one pc but not another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external hard drive working on one pc but not another?: can anyone help me out? i have an external hard drive 1tb (two actually) that ive been using for a few years now, works perfectly fine on my windows 10 pc and even on my ps4 to move files around, but whenever i connect it to my laptops (two windows 10 laptops) the external...
  8. Backup from one external hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup from one external hard drive to another: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I have been backing up my photos from one external hard drive to another (both 2TB) using Windows 7 backup and restore for a few years. After copying all my images to a 5TB drive, and having another blank...
  9. Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend partition C Drive to another physical hard drive: I just bought a laptop with 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD. The OS is install on 128GB SSD and i had extend partition to it maximum. So can i extend my C partition to 1 TB HDD? (something like RAID 0, but my laptop lenovo ideapad 320s had no RAID in BIOS). So any solution can...
  10. Access to external hard drive denied on another laptop

Access to external hard drive denied on another laptop: We have two windows 10 laptops (both locked with a different password). I have been experiencing several difficulties trying to setup a sharing network, I'll get into that a later date. Since I have been having several difficulties with the network thing we have had to...